Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
Hi, is there anybody who has applied inland from quebec? I would appreciate if sb share with me his experience on the steps of the procedure, especially since not only immigration canada but also immigration quebec is involved. So far, I did all CIC asks for inland application, I have applied inland including an open work permit application and my application was received according to post canada the 3rd of may. as for now ... I'm waiting. what comes next?when does MICC enter the scene?
I wish the best of luck to everybody :)

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
hi im in quebec and im going to apply inland too! im currently filling the papers and also im asking for initial work permit, well i have a question for you what is the difference between original entry to canada and last entry? teh first time i vist canada was last year and then went back to my country, the last time i came here was in april and i arrive to montreal could you please help me with this?

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
thank you for your reply amine01!
but the outland process is a lot different than the inland as far as I know. It took me some months to decide inland or outland.

tita: you have understood it correctly. original entry is the first time you came, on your case last year and last entry was on april.
good luck!!

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
well Tita you got same response from kostantinos :)

to kostantinos : the inland process is different than outland but forst stage is the same the AOR then you have to apply for the certificate of acceptance of quebec ......

just when sponsorship is approved my files went to other visa office but your files will be here in cic alberta :)

so i can help if you have some question :)

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
Thank you for answer! well i have other question im from mexico, and for extending my stay im applying for the intial work permit, so my question is do i need to send medicals for this? the website of mexico say yes, but since im sending medicals for teh PR, do i need to send double? one for PR and other for work permit?

Thank you very much!

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
i dont think u need to send double if you the a[pplication for the work permit will be in a same eneveloppe with the whole apllication for resident permanant :)

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
tita said:
... and for extending my stay im applying for the intial work permit, so my question is do i need to send medicals for this? the website of mexico say yes, but since im sending medicals for teh PR, do i need to send double? one for PR and other for work permit?
do u mean u are applying for an open work permit? if yes, you are using "Application to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada as a worker" you don't need medicals for this application, there is nowhere on the checklist anyway. It's for the PR application you need it.

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
amine01 said:
the inland process is different than outland but forst stage is the same the AOR then you have to apply for the certificate of acceptance of quebec ......
So, there has been a month since they received my application. If I assume (I hope!)that my case is a routine case, after six months they will let me know by post i guess, that I 'm given the first stage of approval (hopefully :)) and after a short time the open work permit. And after, What??? do I have to apply for that certificate you say on MICC?? or before the work permit? will i have to make some other application, other than that? Will they ask me for an interview? how much time usually these things take?
Is anyone else doing Inland from Quebec?

jaune

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
konstantinos said:
So, there has been a month since they received my application. If I assume (I hope!)that my case is a routine case, after six months they will let me know by post i guess, that I 'm given the first stage of approval (hopefully :)) and after a short time the open work permit. And after, What??? do I have to apply for that certificate you say on MICC?? or before the work permit? will i have to make some other application, other than that? Will they ask me for an interview? how much time usually these things take?
Is anyone else doing Inland from Quebec?
After around 6 months, you'll receive a letter from CIC saying that you can proceed with the undertaking application at MICC. You won't receive AIP before CSQ (certificat de sélection du Québec) anyway. So, AIP and open work permit usually come after CSQ, there's no more application to do and no interview if your relationship isn't suspectful, sometimes people could receive a decision made altogether if yours is a straight forward case.

However, I think the Quebec part takes 1-3 more months in general compared to the rest of Canada!! It took like 3 weeks for the CIC letter to arrive at my home, 5-6 weeks to receive the CSQ, then I don't know how long it takes for CIC to receive this information from CIC as MICC is the one who is directing the acceptance to CIC directly, I don't have to do anything but I know that could take quite long sometimes.

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
thank you very much for your answers, and another question just pop into my head.

to apply for the work permit, it says in NOTE: spouses and coomon law partners of higly skilled temporary foreing workers, may themselves be authorized to work without first having a conffirmed job by human resources and social development canada (HRSD confirmation) in the case of quebec without having to obtain a CAQ from the MICC

So my question is if im not marry to temporary higly skilled worker, but im married just a canadian citizen(quebec) do i need to have a conffirmed job and get the CAQ from MICC?

Thank you very much!!

jordana

May 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Konstantinos:

I applied inland QUébec too and I received my CSQ on July 7th.

I wonder how long will it take until de AIP. Did you finally got any information?

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
thank you jaune for your answear, sorry to be late to respond, but when one enters the big waiting, is better to forget the concept of time! you were very helpful. Thank you jordana too, your timeline is very helpfull. I saw today that processing time is 7-8 months. it's changing all the time like the exchange rates. Last time i saw it was 8, before that 7-8 again and when I sent my application it was 6. So with the current data, 7-8 months+ the time to receive the letter+2 months for the CSQ+ the time to receive the work permit.... its around 11 months to one year to be able to work since i sent the application, they received it 3 of May ... so...beggining of the spring ...and it's still summer...they say, they are processing applications received on november and it's end of July now. I guess they still have a lot of job to do before they even open my envelope.

pamzzella

Oct 18, 2010
I recently applied inland from Quebec. I sent in my application on the 3rd of Sept. and it was received on the 8th.
I'm guessing in about 4 months I should get the sponsorship letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which confirms that my husbands sponsorship was approved. I can then use this to apply for CSQ. Does anyone know how long that takes???

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
Hello,

Could you please tell me what is AIP?
I sent my papers in January 27th, and I just received the letter from CPC and I just applied to Quebec MICC. They told me they will take a month under sponsorship. Is this true, ussually they take a month?
Also how long after MICC answer and issue the CSQ, did you receive the OWP?
Does somebody has a timeline for how long it takes the second stage? since they do not have timeline in this stage of the process, I would like to know how long is the timeline for a simple person, I mean my husband has not children and anything else. Does anyone now how long aprox?

And by the way how do you know if your file will be transfer or if your local office is Alberta?
I live in Montreal, does someone knows about it?