Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Warning for all inland applicants whose local office is quebec city:

You are probably in for a log wait to have a landing interview. waiting times are now 4 months since they received the approval in principal letter. then if , like in my case, they make mistakes and send, stupidly, applications back and forth to montreal and quebec city, you are likely to wait even more. crazy. a real disappointment with a country like canada where things in government usually are much faster. immigration in this country sucks...ridicoulous. my sister who lives in the states had the same situation like me (family class , and applied inland and her whole process lasted 3 and half months!!!not that i would like to live in the states but i think they have many more immigrants there....they should definitely employ more people or open more local offices....

my approval in principal is dated 29 april 2011
they said i'm likely to have a landing interview in quebec city at the end of october.....
I'M leaving for italy at the start of december. i hope at least i will have done the interview by then because i would'n t want to cancel my trip for this stupid bureaucracy. my tickets are already reserved and paid....

just wanted to let you know....

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
FINALLY!!!! received in the mail today my landing interview appointment date!!!

On the 15 th of september 2 p.m.!!!

i had called CIC today and they told me nothing was scheduled yet. so this gives proof that the call centre knows as much as we do, if not less

Do you know how do i get the SIN number when i'm there?

Thanks a lot to anybody that could give me clues

buima

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Inlandappl said:
FINALLY!!!! received in the mail today my landing interview appointment date!!!

On the 15 th of september 2 p.m.!!!

i had called CIC today and they told me nothing was scheduled yet. so this gives proof that the call centre knows as much as we do, if not less

Do you know how do i get the SIN number when i'm there?

Thanks a lot to anybody that could give me clues
Congrats on your landing interview u almost there!To answer ur question about SIN unfortunately u will have to wait until ur card arrives to be able to apply for ur SIN (6 to 8 weeks I believe)
Regards

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
buima said:
Congrats on your landing interview u almost there!To answer ur question about SIN unfortunately u will have to wait until ur card arrives to be able to apply for ur SIN (6 to 8 weeks I believe)
Regards
thanks a lot for the info!

bonjoydave

Jul 21, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010 LC1
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
buima said:
Regards
wrong.. Service Canada is also there in time of your Landing Interview.. i had my landing interview on August 23,2011 at Montreal and after the interview with the Immigration Officer,somebody from Service Canada will assist you to change you SIN card..so you need to bring your old SIN card.congrats!

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
bonjoydave said:
wrong.. Service Canada is also there in time of your Landing Interview.. i had my landing interview on August 23,2011 at Montreal and after the interview with the Immigration Officer,somebody from Service Canada will assist you to change you SIN card..so you need to bring your old SIN card.congrats!
Hi, it would be the first SIN card for me, i was never an official resident of canada in the past(only tourist). Unfortunately i didn't ask for an OWP when i applied because nowhere on the CIC website i found that info. they just don't talk about it....i discovered it later checking this forum....in my landing interview letter letter i have not seen the phrase "that somebody from service canada will help me with the SIN card"....they tell me to bring all of my immigration papers(which ones? doesn't say...maybe my tourist visa extension.....) quebec papers, 2 photos, passport and a few other things

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
It's a very select number of local offices that set up a special ceremony with Service Canada to get the permanent SIN right away. I would not get too excited, statistically there's a big chance Québec doesn't organize that... Just to prevent disappointments. ;)

While you're there, can you ask if they already sent my file to Montreal? O:)

bonjoydave

Jul 21, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2010 LC1
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Inlandappl said:
Hi, it would be the first SIN card for me, i was never an official resident of canada in the past(only tourist). Unfortunately i didn't ask for an OWP when i applied because nowhere on the CIC website i found that info. they just don't talk about it....i discovered it later checking this forum....in my landing interview letter letter i have not seen the phrase "that somebody from service canada will help me with the SIN card"....they tell me to bring all of my immigration papers(which ones? doesn't say...maybe my tourist visa extension.....) quebec papers, 2 photos, passport and a few other things
im not sure about your case,,but in my landing interview letter before it says somebody from Service Canada will be in the location to assist you to get your permanent SIN card.it also state there that if you dont get your SIN on that day you'll have to wait for your PR card which 6-8 weeks to arrive before you can get your SIN..anyway,just bring all your important docs so if ever Service Canada you can ask them..again,congrats..

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi,

I'm gathering the papers required for my landing interview. in the list it asks generically for 'all immigration papers"
Unfortunately (believe it or not) when i sent the inland application to vegreville i forgot to photocopy the original documents so i don't have any proof that i sent them. well i found one of the two police certificates and my birth certificate, i have my original passport , proof of payment of 490 $ and the 2 photos required for the permanent resident card but the CIC application itself is missing. but i think(tell me if i'm wrong) shouldn't be a problem because they have all of my application if they approved me, no? maybe immigration papers mean the original tourist visa(proof of status) which i have. then applying from quebec it asks me for quebec papers (which i have) and it is very specific about that. my question is

what documents were you asked at your landing interview? please answer also if you didin't apply from within quebec

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Have a great landing today, inlandappl!! :D

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Indeepwait said:
Hey Inladappl,
How did that go?
I did 650 km to quebec city to have a less than 10 minutes interview!!! ahahahah

I'M officially a Permanent resident of Canada. the woman(immigration officer, i guess) was young and very friendly. the office in quebec city is hidden. no way you can find it by mistake. they seem not to want people to go and complain there i guess...LOL.... but the building where is located is very convenient, there are cafes, fancy sausage places( i asked for the devil one, i love very hot food), lottery stands, hairdressers and the public toilets have...showers(no coin required)!!!!!the first question she asked me was if i had changed idea" ahahahah"...i almost said yes....then she asked me for the documents , made me sign, asked me if i had committed any crime in canada and shook my hand. the girl was very informal and pretty cute.....then asked my wife how long did it take for us to come from the town we live in. and when we said 10 hours she looked like she felt a bit sorry....but then she said, don't worry, if you apply for citizenship next time, i think your office will be rimouski....only a bit more than 300 km....

Everything went well!!!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Oh wow! Congratz on the landing! And you had to drive 10 hours?! That's nuts!

Seeing as how I'm in the Gatineau-Hull-Ottawa area, I wonder if I will be landing in Ottawa because it's closer? Or do all Quebec applications have to land in Quebec?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Province or City? At least Montreal will be closer. Maybe Gatineau will have an office too, we'll need to see and wait.

@Inlandappl: great that it went so fast at the office! Was there a big group, or were you alone? Was the office indeed on Boulevard Lebourgneuf?
Did you drive both ways in the same day? That must've been hell! I'm happy for you that finally everything's over, though.

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Not sure. I just dont see the logic in me maybe having to travel to Montreal (4-5 hours of travel) when there might be a landing office in Ottawa Ontario(15 mins of travel). I dont know how to evaluate your immigration offices. I'll try and do some research.