Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Never know there could be A Rose in a Ditch, I sent another email to all French/English MP's from Quebec.

Added the Federal election thing.

Not every MP has 6 weeks response, some just mentioned they will reach out as early as possible except d’Hochelaga MP who said if urgent call me directly and there was a number (could be his office number).

lowe

Aug 20, 2021
I would like to share my story. I have been sitting for more than 2 years waiting for my residency verification. They are still not able to render a decision If I do not meet the requirements they should give me some decision right away or inform me. How long it takes to verify when you have cbsa records. Now I'm forced to put another application because nobody knows what's going on with IRCc Montreal .
That sucks......they probably misplaced your docs/records or something. Not sure how they could resolve that without making it known to you

Reactions: luvtrump

lowe

Aug 20, 2021
Never know there could be A Rose in a Ditch, I sent another email to all French/English MP's from Quebec.

Added the Federal election thing.

Not every MP has 6 weeks response, some just mentioned they will reach out as early as possible except d’Hochelaga MP who said if urgent call me directly and there was a number (could be his office number).
Probably the most effective way is to reach out to the MP of your riding or candidates in your riding in this election. Tell them individually that you want to vote for their respective parties....hahaha. If all candidates/MPs, no matter which side of the aisle start to make a fuss, the minister have to say something more than the standard response. Priority processing of HK dissidents, now Afghan refugees etc on humanitarian grounds is not a reason to slow down citizenship grant applications......

Last edited:

Cobie212

Mar 20, 2021
I think this may be a Montreal specific issue. People from other offices across the country are getting oath invites. I took the test last week and the tracker updated to Test Completed a couple of days later but now I'm seeing that almost nobody from Montreal has received the oath invite, even people who took the test in early 2021. Most likely the Montreal citizenship officials are too lazy to want to sit through a 3-hour citizenship ceremony on zoom.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
I think this may be a Montreal specific issue. People from other offices across the country are getting oath invites. I took the test last week and the tracker updated to Test Completed a couple of days later but now I'm seeing that almost nobody from Montreal has received the oath invite, even people who took the test in early 2021. Most likely the Montreal citizenship officials are too lazy to want to sit through a 3-hour citizenship ceremony on zoom.
I think all Montreal applicants with DM can send an email to the Mayor or go to court else just wait until Covid 19 clears Or keep venting out on the forum and then back to sleep lol Montreal ircc is dead big time .

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Not a big deal. The new immigrants wil. bring enough of money for the Quebec economy to maintain itself…
“Who understood the life, He doesn't hurry more, He savors every instant and observes…” [IRCC, Montreal office]

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Not a big deal. The new immigrants wil. bring enough of money for the Quebec economy to maintain itself…

“Who understood the life, He doesn't hurry more, He savors every instant and observes…” [IRCC, Montreal office]
I'll get my gcms notes next week. If my file doesn't move I'll change my address. I'll move there is nothing for me in quebec I dont even speak french lol

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Bloc Québécois

Among the proposals concerning Quebec identity, the Bloc platform pledges:

• To make sufficient knowledge of French a condition for obtaining Canadian citizenship in Quebec.
  • To make not public investments in legal challenges to Quebec laws such as the province's secularism law.
  • To create a Quebec organization to replace the CRTC because "one shouldn't entrust one's culture to a neighbouring nation."
  • To allow Quebec to sign international treaties.
  • To replace the Indian Act imposed 150 years ago with a set of negotiated nation-to-nation treaties.
Taking questions from reporters, Blanchet did not explain why the word "independence" couldn't be found anywhere in the 17-page platform.

He said there had been no recent changes to the National Assembly of Quebec and "we cannot invent a context."

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Bloc Québécois

• To make sufficient knowledge of French a condition for obtaining Canadian citizenship in Quebec.
  • To make not public investments in legal challenges to Quebec laws such as the province's secularism law.
  • To create a Quebec organization to replace the CRTC because "one shouldn't entrust one's culture to a neighbouring nation."
  • To replace the Indian Act imposed 150 years ago with a set of negotiated nation-to-nation treaties.
Taking questions from reporters, Blanchet did not explain why the word "independence" couldn't be found anywhere in the 17-page platform.

He said there had been no recent changes to the National Assembly of Quebec and "we cannot invent a context."
Can they implement retrogressively ?I mean they can issue new CSQ with aforesaid condition .

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Bloc Québécois

Concerning the language, I personally took the top level of free government-sponsored French course, passed the exam, and sent the results with my citizenship application as proof of language. I hope this will suffice the first requirement...