+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from Montreal got online test invite and/or oath ceremony

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Concerning the language, I personally took the top level of free government-sponsored French course, passed the exam, and sent the results with my citizenship application as proof of language. I hope this will suffice the first requirement...
i took same course did level A 1 and they want me to do level 1 again. screw that My brain hurts lol

• Haha
Reactions: Orgcom

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hi Friends, I have a question.

My application is in the status of decision made on old Ecas and oath not started in new one(Rest all are completed). During my application submission, I did IELTS as language proof and it has passed language eligibility has well. Now i have French level 6 from Quebec government. Please let me know if i need to notify them or leave as is...
Thanks

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Bloc Québécois

Among the proposals concerning Quebec identity, the Bloc platform pledges:

• To make sufficient knowledge of French a condition for obtaining Canadian citizenship in Quebec.
  • To make not public investments in legal challenges to Quebec laws such as the province's secularism law.
  • To create a Quebec organization to replace the CRTC because "one shouldn't entrust one's culture to a neighbouring nation."
  • To allow Quebec to sign international treaties.
  • To replace the Indian Act imposed 150 years ago with a set of negotiated nation-to-nation treaties.
Taking questions from reporters, Blanchet did not explain why the word "independence" couldn't be found anywhere in the 17-page platform.

He said there had been no recent changes to the National Assembly of Quebec and "we cannot invent a context."
Does this French thing effect our citizenship applications those who do not speak or provide French Language proof? even after completing the Back check and Citizenship test? Becuase language skills , Porbations , and Physical presence are in Progress and no update since July 1st 2021. Should i be worried?

rudi51

Apr 12, 2019
Does this French thing effect our citizenship applications those who do not speak or provide French Language proof? even after completing the Back check and Citizenship test? Becuase language skills , Porbations , and Physical presence are in Progress and no update since July 1st 2021. Should i be worried?
I don't think you need to be worried about this just yet, this seems to be the platform the bloc quebecois are running on for the election, which is in Novemeber, and even if the Bloc Quebecois did get in it would likely take them years to push this through parliament

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Nah, and it won't affect anyone's application anytime soon.
BQ throws that thing from time to time, but the chances of it becoming law are extremely slim...

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
Absolutely nothing to worry about. Those items were in progress for a while for me, I'm fluent in English (British native) and only know basic French since moving here. Everything in my tracker now shows complete except the oath.

Because French is the second language in Canada they need you to know one or the other (French or English) they don't require both but if neither was your first language they may require more info just to prove you can use one of the official languages.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
I don't think you need to be worried about this just yet, this seems to be the platform the bloc quebecois are running on for the election, which is in Novemeber, and even if the Bloc Quebecois did get in it would likely take them years to push this through parliament
Not to mention it's only the will of one province (Quebec) they will never get French to be made a requirement for Canadian citizenship because that would require a change at the federal level and affect all provinces, nobody is going to want to learn French if they aren't settling in a French speaking province are they? For that reason alone I don't ever see the federal government implementing that.

At worst it would only be implemented in Quebec (maybe NB) but even then they wouldn't be able to retroactively apply that to applications such as this where they are practically finished save for the oath.

Orgcom

Feb 27, 2020
Hey guys. PriceOfThieves, July 2021 applicant from Montreal, received an oath invite for Aug 31... IRCC might be back from vacation, so get ready...

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hey guys. PriceOfThieves, July 2021 applicant from Montreal, received an oath invite for Aug 31... IRCC might be back from vacation, so get ready...
IRCC is always on vacation 24.7. They are very efficient. In 12 hours a day an IRCC officer is only awake from noon to 1pm for lunch break and sleeping the rest. Doing nothing is a very difficult job and sleeping the most as it needs red seal.

Reactions: yaacoub89

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
luvtrump knows the Montreal timeline perfectly. Sometimes I think he even works at IRCC... :)
IRCC, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Unprecise. Its continuing mission to explore strange new iRCC worlds, to seek out new ircc blackholes and a sleeping civilization, to boldly go where all applicants have gone before…

• Haha
Reactions: cobie2 and Orgcom
Aug 26, 2021
I'm a Montreal December 2020 applicant and I passed my test on July 5th. Only Citizenship test and Background Check is complete in my online tracker. Should I expect an update in September? I need to travel abroad for work during the entire month of September, so I'm wondering if I'm going to have to cut that short. With the situation in Afghanistan + Elections, does it seem likely?