+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Hello,

I have tried the show money option. Pero sabi ng agency ko, much better daw if ung pera sa bank is matured. Like 6months and above ang maturity. Tapos depending sa length of stay ung amount na nirerequire nila. Like for me 1yr, nirequire nila ko ng 1.2M na show money (not under my name) na dapat daw matured. I dont know din if thats the right practice. Pero share ko lng din since agency din nag suggest.
Hi! Question lang, how about if bulk yung deposit, acquired from my father’s retirement fee?

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
Hi! Question lang, how about if bulk yung deposit, acquired from my father’s retirement fee?
You just need to explain where you got the funds from, hoping that the explanation would satisfy the visa officer already. My funds came from a property that my wife inherited which we sold. So we deposited it to my account in bulk. We showed the documents that states the inheritance and the sale of the said property.

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
Hello. Question lang po. Important po ba na may dalang baby book or yung record of immunization upon entering Canada? I have all vaccinations completed as a child pero namisplace po yung baby book ko. Thank you po!
I asked for a certificate from our pedia. They printed all the vaccines my kids had.

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
Question for those who got a student permit with a spouse who got a work permit and are already in Canada.

Aside from the documents that we need to show to the Canadian immigration, did the NAIA immigration ask for anything? A friend told me that since my wife has a work permit, she needs to go to POEA and get a permit from there as well. Did anyone do this? Or take a seminar at the Commission on Filipinos Overseas?

camillebee

Feb 11, 2020
Hello.

I am thinking of applying to universities and colleges in Canada but I really don't have the slightest clue where to start? I mean, I do pero nalilito ako sa mga requirements. Can anyone please give me a step by step (kung pwede?) na instruction kung pano sila nag apply for their university or college? Magkano lahat nagastos nyo? And do I pay the tuition ng buo? Agad-agad? Also, anong mga course kinuha nyo? Course ba dpat? Yung 4 years? O pwede kahit pang one year lang o vocational na 9 months?

Thank you in advance sa mabuting puso na sasagot sa aking mga tanong. Hehe. Sobrang lito lang tlga ako and walang ibang mapagtatanungan.

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
You just need to explain where you got the funds from, hoping that the explanation would satisfy the visa officer already. My funds came from a property that my wife inherited which we sold. So we deposited it to my account in bulk. We showed the documents that states the inheritance and the sale of the said property.
Thank you!! God bless

Blauer Adler

Jan 12, 2020
Category........
Question for those who got a student permit with a spouse who got a work permit and are already in Canada.

Aside from the documents that we need to show to the Canadian immigration, did the NAIA immigration ask for anything? A friend told me that since my wife has a work permit, she needs to go to POEA and get a permit from there as well. Did anyone do this? Or take a seminar at the Commission on Filipinos Overseas?
OEC from POEA is only required for Filipinos with sponsored work permits, meaning the worker is tied to one employer. Open work permit holders on the other hand do not need OEC’s.

Blauer Adler

Jan 12, 2020
Category........
Hello.

I am thinking of applying to universities and colleges in Canada but I really don't have the slightest clue where to start? I mean, I do pero nalilito ako sa mga requirements. Can anyone please give me a step by step (kung pwede?) na instruction kung pano sila nag apply for their university or college? Magkano lahat nagastos nyo? And do I pay the tuition ng buo? Agad-agad? Also, anong mga course kinuha nyo? Course ba dpat? Yung 4 years? O pwede kahit pang one year lang o vocational na 9 months?

Thank you in advance sa mabuting puso na sasagot sa aking mga tanong. Hehe. Sobrang lito lang tlga ako and walang ibang mapagtatanungan.
DIY is easy as everything you need to know is posted on the websites of schools and the CIC.
- You can start by going through IDP Philippines website. Googe it.
- Use their search tool to look at schools and programs that you are interested in. Information about estimated program costs and start date can be seen in there as well.
- After you have chosen your desired program and school, go to the official website of that university/college to find out the academic requirements, required english tests, application deadline etc.
- Please do visit the official Canada Immigration website to know about the steps in applying for a student permit.

Hope this helps.

rmd114627

Feb 12, 2020
Anyone here who knows how “common-law” civil status works po
i am applying for a student permit kasi and i am curious if it will be okay if I’ll indicate my partner as my common law partner para if ever na maapproved ako e sunod ko siyang iaapply ng owp its a bad idea? Thanks sa sasagot
hi, natuloy po ba kayo with your common law partner?

camillebee

Feb 11, 2020
DIY is easy as everything you need to know is posted on the websites of schools and the CIC.
- You can start by going through IDP Philippines website. Googe it.
- Use their search tool to look at schools and programs that you are interested in. Information about estimated program costs and start date can be seen in there as well.
- After you have chosen your desired program and school, go to the official website of that university/college to find out the academic requirements, required english tests, application deadline etc.
- Please do visit the official Canada Immigration website to know about the steps in applying for a student permit.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response. Reading this thread has really helped me alot. I'm really worried about the money. Do you know if yung pgbayad ng tuition is full agad? O pwede by installment? Also may idea ka ba kung san pinakamurang mag aral for intl. students? Advisable ba mag agency?