+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

IvanSt

Feb 14, 2020
hello po. Mag start lang po ba yung processing ng student visa after mapasa yung additional requirements like biometrics and medical? Also hindi po kasi ako nakapaginclude sa application ko ng SOP. What should i do po?

rbertulfo19

Feb 15, 2020
Hello po. First time posting on this thread. Nasa early stage palang po ako ng application sa study permit to Canada. Pero eto po ang timeline ko:

Jan 29 - Submitted my online application to NAIT
March 8 - Received my papers back from IQAS (Nagorder ako ng 2 copies just in case magkaabirya)
March 17 - 2nd course option status: Waitlisted
March 25 - 1st course option status: Accepted
March 31 - paid deposit of $1000 online to receive the Letter of Acceptance
April 1 - received my Letter of Acceptance online
* waiting for my passport kasi kakarenew ko lang last May 5 sa Phil Embassy sa Abu Dhabi

Sa UAE po ako nagttrabaho pero uuwi po ako ng Pinas para dun magapply kasi nabasa ko po na matagal ang processing dito kay sa sa Pinas. Nabasa ko po sa cicc website na kailangan ng Letter of Intent. Nagcocompose po ako ngayon. Meron po bang mabuting tao na pwede magcheck ng letter ko baka kasi may mali akong sinabi, haha. Salamat po
hi po, I am from dubai po already received LOA from Lambton college. May I know po if naproceed nyo po application nyo sa pilipinas or dito na lng po kayo nagsubmit sa uae? thanks po kabayan.

tun001757

Sep 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-July-2014
Nomination.....
06-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
19-Dec-2014
Med's Request
02-Mar-2015
Passport Req..
01-Apr-2015
Hi all, I am interested to study Acute healthcare assistant at Pacific Coast Community College in Canada. Does anyone studied in that school and manage to work and live in Canada after the program? As the school is a private school, I worry later I waste my time and money after the program. If anyone studied b4 or know more about this school, please advice.

Thank you.

Blauer Adler

Jan 12, 2020
Category........
Thank you for your response. Reading this thread has really helped me alot. I'm really worried about the money. Do you know if yung pgbayad ng tuition is full agad? O pwede by installment? Also may idea ka ba kung san pinakamurang mag aral for intl. students? Advisable ba mag agency?
If you’re planning to apply under SDS, you have to pay 1-year tuition plus a GIC certificate from the accredited list of Canadian banks of 10k CAD. For regular application, you can pay for just a semester/term and then present bank statement and certificates to prove that you have liquid funds to pay for the remaining tuition balance and the living expenses (10k CAD per person per year). If you are worried about show money, you can ask for financial sponsorship letter with bank documents from your parents and/or close relatives.

The Memorial University of Newfoundland has the least expensive tuition among Canadian universities that I came across with. You can start from there. Also, based on my own research, colleges in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia are affordable as well. But please do avoid private colleges and universities as many of them do not qualify for PGWP.

If you have the money and got no time to research then I suggest you go for agencies, you only need to provide your papers and show up for the medical and biometrics. I have read somewhere that a Filipino student in New Zealand paid 40k+ for agency fees alone. Otherwise, do it yourself.

flexihopper18

Sep 25, 2017
DIY is easy as everything you need to know is posted on the websites of schools and the CIC.
- You can start by going through IDP Philippines website. Googe it.
- Use their search tool to look at schools and programs that you are interested in. Information about estimated program costs and start date can be seen in there as well.
- After you have chosen your desired program and school, go to the official website of that university/college to find out the academic requirements, required english tests, application deadline etc.
- Please do visit the official Canada Immigration website to know about the steps in applying for a student permit.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for this info

august818

Jul 13, 2017
Hi po,,
I just got accepted in Algonquin college and in the process of submitting my visa application(regular stream). Can anybody send/email me a sample of their SOP so i can start off my DIY visa application. Ang target ko is the fall 2020 intake sana.
Nag back read ako sa forum and super helpful lahat nang info.
Super thank you in advance.

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Hi I got accepted for Sept 2020 intake, and Im planning to apply for my student visa on 2nd week of May. Im waiting pa kasi sa mga docs. Is it too late?

Feb 12, 2020
Hi all, I am interested to study Acute healthcare assistant at Pacific Coast Community College in Canada. Does anyone studied in that school and manage to work and live in Canada after the program? As the school is a private school, I worry later I waste my time and money after the program. If anyone studied b4 or know more about this school, please advice.

Thank you.
Rather go to public-funded to your chances of getting your pgwp will be higher, here your options, https://www.studyliveexploreca.com/post/top-10-affordable-schools-in-canada

LeapYear2020

Feb 26, 2020
Hi. Also planning to study in Canada. Question ko is if under regular stream kelangan bang naka bayad na ng tuition bago mag apply ng student visa? TIA.