+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

jazzyc

Jan 17, 2020
My daughters applied for SV, submitted their application last week, had their biometrics yesterday..and the eldest is requested for passport submission right away.. just now. T'was really fast processing. As for my other daughter still we are waiting because she is a minor it might take days for a response. They are both under SDS application. Just sharing

Reactions: ErikaLouise

jazzyc

Jan 17, 2020
Hi everyone. I was supposed to apply for a study permit earlier this year but I didn't push through with my application because of insufficient funds. My family's main source of income is farming. Would our livelihood be a reason for refusal? Since mas nakakaangat sa buhay yung uncle ko, he presented to help with my studies. So next year, I'm hoping to be admitted for the Fall intake of Global Business Management program at Centennial College, and start my application for the SDS either by April or May. My question is, has anybody here explicitly stated (in their IMM1294 and Statement of Purpose) that their studies will be sponsored by someone other than yourself or your parents? In my case, my parents will be funding my GIC but my paternal uncle will be the one covering for my tuition and other miscellaneous expenses. As per my accommodation, I will be staying under the same roof as my paternal aunt who is a Canadian citizen. I'm already collating the requirements as early as now so it'll be all set when the time comes, but I'm really lost at the moment ☹ If I am to declare all of this, what supplementary documents should I provide? For my uncle, would a sponsorship declaration plus bank statements suffice? For my aunt, is the letter of invitation applicable? Would having an aunt in Canada be a reason to refusal?

Also, I find the SDS quite confusing dahil I've read that although you have proof of one year tuition fee paid and a GIC equivalent to CAD 10K, other proofs of financial capacity would still be needed, but it would vary per case? If I already have a GIC with me, is it still necessary to show bank statements and such? I'm hesitant to opt for the regular stream because I believe that my best bet would be SDS. Sorry for this long ass post, but I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed a light, please po. Thank you very much.

P.S. Anybody lurking here with plans of studying for September 2020 as well? Message me!
in our case, yes we were required by our agent to submit other proof of funds despite the fact that we chose SDS ..bank records and certifications and even land titles..I think it doesn't guarantee an approval but for some it is a plus in your application.

lildudz

Jan 19, 2020
Hello guys!

I've noticed 99% of visa refusal is because the SOP isn't good or convincing enough, so I'm sharing with you a guide on how to make a good SOP:
  • Introduction: Applicant's background and brief family description
  • Educational background and working experience
  • Interest in the field chosen and reason to study abroad
  • Immediate and long term goals
  • Reasons for deciding to pursue education in Canada and at a particular institution
  • Who will support your studies financially, your relationship to them and reason
  • Ties you have to your home country as your reason to comeback
  • Benefit of Canadian diploma or certificate in your future career
It should be in a letter format addressed to the visa officer. At least 2-3 pages, it must be direct to the point, objective and factual SOP.

HELPFUL TIPS:
  • Include at least 10 job prospects (just search online and print screen) with your application to assure the VO that you have lots of job opportunities in your home country once you go back and it must be related to the program that you have chosen to study in Canada.
  • Never mention or hint in your SOP that you'll be staying in Canada after your study or seek employment there even if you're planning to do so. You have to convince the VO that your sole purpose of going to Canada is to just study.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :)

Meron po bang gumawa ng SOP stating n ang pagaaral sa canada e makakatulong sa pagkuha ng additional points para sa express entry?

Freddiruch

Nov 3, 2019
Hi, ask ko lang po, paano process ng medical for student visa sa st lukes? (Walk in)
Thank you.
For St.Lukes BGC, punta ka lang and bring your original passport, 2pcs na photocopy ng passport, 3 pcs passport size picture and Letter of acceptance from school pag student visa.

katecenteno

Sep 7, 2017
Hello po. Can anyone help me sa situation ko ngayon?

My PGWP is expiring soon. Siguro mid April, so 2 and a half months nlang from now. Pero may boyfriend ako na Canadian Citizen na dito sa Canada. He’s willing to marry me sa February. Can anyone help me out kung Paano yung next step? Should I get a lawyer or I can handle it and do DIY?

ErikaLouise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Cavite
Visa Office......
Makati
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
Doc's Request.
01-08-2019
Hi! Wanna share my timeline.. so this is my 4th application. My 3rd application was by SDS stream. Now I tried paper application....

Jan 21- submitted docs to VFS
Jan 22 - passed medical (linked online)
Jan 29- correspondence letter about biometrics

Now I'm so nervous because usually when a correspondence letter is sent, a decision letter is coming... I'm so nervous and hoping for a positive result now...

Reactions: bbm1711 and Roa08

Roa08

Aug 21, 2017
Philippines
Category........
Hi guys I am a silent reader here and this forum is really helpful in my application. Just want to share my detailed timeline:

Nov 16 - Education counseling with IDP Ortigas
Nov 18 - Applied to school (University of Winnipeg)
Nov 21 - Received conditional LOA
Nov 23 - Taken IELTS Academic
Nov 30 - Online result of IELTS
Dec 05 - Wire transfer to school via Flywire and BPI
Dec 06 - Tuition payment confirmation
Dec 07 - Received IELTS test result from courier and emailed the copy to school
Dec 09 - Wire transfer to Scotiabank via BPI
Dec 10 - Received unconditional LOA
Dec 11 - Received internship letter endorsement from school
Dec 12 - Upfront medical test (St. Luke’s BGC)
Dec 13 - Received Scotiabank GIC certificate
Dec 15 - Lodge visa application (SDS online)
Dec 17 - Biometrics request
Dec 18 - Biometrics done
Dec 23 - Passed medical test
Jan 08 - Biometrics correspondence letter
Jan 09 - Passport request
My plane ticket kang included?

canada_goos3

Oct 17, 2019
Hi, all! I’ll be submitting my application online (non-SDS) soon. My question is, has anyone experienced just providing a bank certificate with no statement? I’m using a show money service that’s attached to a consultancy and they just open an account with the money and give a bank cert daw. I’m just not sure if this is common practice.

Another thing—for non-SDS applications, do you know if they have a preference for paper-based, or will online suffice?

Hope someone can share their experience. Thanks.

Roa08

Aug 21, 2017
Philippines
Category........
Hi, all! I’ll be submitting my application online (non-SDS) soon. My question is, has anyone experienced just providing a bank certificate with no statement? I’m using a show money service that’s attached to a consultancy and they just open an account with the money and give a bank cert daw. I’m just not sure if this is common practice.

Another thing—for non-SDS applications, do you know if they have a preference for paper-based, or will online suffice?

Hope someone can share their experience. Thanks.
Hello,

I have tried the show money option. Pero sabi ng agency ko, much better daw if ung pera sa bank is matured. Like 6months and above ang maturity. Tapos depending sa length of stay ung amount na nirerequire nila. Like for me 1yr, nirequire nila ko ng 1.2M na show money (not under my name) na dapat daw matured. I dont know din if thats the right practice. Pero share ko lng din since agency din nag suggest.

Reactions: canada_goos3

canada_goos3

Oct 17, 2019
I'm currently doing our forms and I'm now at my common-law partner's Open Work Permit application. My question is, do I just leave the entire "prospective employer" section blank because his application is attached to my student permit application? Has anyone done this?

Furthermore, does he need to submit IELTS, too?

canada_goos3

Oct 17, 2019
The minimum funds to show for you is 10k CAD, for spouse/2nd family member is 4k CAD, then 3k CAD for each additional family member. Note that above amount is good for 1 year living expenses only. Technically above amount is the minimum requirement regardless if you will take a 2 yr or more program however it may be best to show (if kaya) either the minimum or more amount good for 2 years if its a 2 year program or show the source of income for the succeeding years if you can only currently show liquid funds good for 1 year. You may check cic website for more info :)
Hi, I have question related to this. I'm about to apply for myself as student and my common-law partner for the SOWP. My question is, is it okay to just put in the CAD10,000 for the GIC and also submit bank certs/statements (more than CAD4,000) for my partner? Has that been done? Or do I need to put the entire CAD14,000 in the GIC? Thanks!

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
Hi guys I am a silent reader here and this forum is really helpful in my application. Just want to share my detailed timeline:

Nov 16 - Education counseling with IDP Ortigas
Nov 18 - Applied to school (University of Winnipeg)
Nov 21 - Received conditional LOA
Nov 23 - Taken IELTS Academic
Nov 30 - Online result of IELTS
Dec 05 - Wire transfer to school via Flywire and BPI
Dec 06 - Tuition payment confirmation
Dec 07 - Received IELTS test result from courier and emailed the copy to school
Dec 09 - Wire transfer to Scotiabank via BPI
Dec 10 - Received unconditional LOA
Dec 11 - Received internship letter endorsement from school
Dec 12 - Upfront medical test (St. Luke’s BGC)
Dec 13 - Received Scotiabank GIC certificate
Dec 15 - Lodge visa application (SDS online)
Dec 17 - Biometrics request
Dec 18 - Biometrics done
Dec 23 - Passed medical test
Jan 08 - Biometrics correspondence letter
Jan 09 - Passport request
wow University of Winnipeg. 4 year course po kinuha mo?

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015