+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

happy025

Aug 19, 2019
Hi po. sino po dto nkpgrefund na ng GIC sa CIBC? gaano mo ktgal? BPI po local bank. nrefund n po sa CIBC as per Dec19 email nla but up to now po wala pa daw s BPI. Kht floating or pending transction wla dw po.
Thank you po

Quill

Jan 4, 2020
Meron po ba dito mga medical proffesionals like nurses, medtech etc. Balak ko po sana kumuha ng masteral related namn xa sa course ko. Gusto ko lang sana itanong kung pag ka gradweyt pwede po ba mag apply ng pgwp kaagad kahit walang bridging program? And kailangan ba ung work na mahanap ko is related din dun sa natapos ko?

msmuffet

Mar 8, 2018
hi. been reading from this forum for a week now but failed to seek answers to all my questions.
im a husband of a student visa holder and shes currently in canada now.
can anyone here enlighten me of the steps to do to start my application of SOWP.
what are those requirements and documents i need to gather?
your help, opinions, suggestions and comments are highly thankful and appriciated.
thank you in advance kabayan!
Hi Andy02,

I dont know if this will help since it's been a year since I applied for my husband's SOWP. First thing, how many months/year js remaining in ur wofe's SP? If it's less than 6 mths, it's probably best if wait ko na lng na ma issue ang PGWP nya before applying for SOWP kasi malaki ang chance na ma reject xa since walang probable cause na mg stay ka together with her when 6 mths na lng ang naiiwan sa visa nya.

If mahaba pa, u'll have to submit the ff:
1. Letter of Intent
2. SP recordsni misis
3. Work Experience records mo
4. Travel Docs
5. Proof of funds
6. Police Clearance/NBI
7. Birth Certificates and Marriage Contracts
8. Any other supporting docs for your Family Ties back in Philippines.

Regards.

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Meron po ba dito mga medical proffesionals like nurses, medtech etc. Balak ko po sana kumuha ng masteral related namn xa sa course ko. Gusto ko lang sana itanong kung pag ka gradweyt pwede po ba mag apply ng pgwp kaagad kahit walang bridging program? And kailangan ba ung work na mahanap ko is related din dun sa natapos ko?
. Yes, can apply pgwp within 180 days after completion of your program. pGWP is usually an open permit, so you can work anywhere. But you need to take note that if you like to apply for PR in the future, your work must be with NOC level of B and A or 0

Blauer Adler

Jan 12, 2020
Category........
Hi guys I am a silent reader here and this forum is really helpful in my application. Just want to share my detailed timeline:

Nov 16 - Education counseling with IDP Ortigas
Nov 18 - Applied to school (University of Winnipeg)
Nov 21 - Received conditional LOA
Nov 23 - Taken IELTS Academic
Nov 30 - Online result of IELTS
Dec 05 - Wire transfer to school via Flywire and BPI
Dec 06 - Tuition payment confirmation
Dec 07 - Received IELTS test result from courier and emailed the copy to school
Dec 09 - Wire transfer to Scotiabank via BPI
Dec 10 - Received unconditional LOA
Dec 11 - Received internship letter endorsement from school
Dec 12 - Upfront medical test (St. Luke’s BGC)
Dec 13 - Received Scotiabank GIC certificate
Dec 15 - Lodge visa application (SDS online)
Dec 17 - Biometrics request
Dec 18 - Biometrics done
Dec 23 - Passed medical test
Jan 08 - Biometrics correspondence letter
Jan 09 - Passport request

Reactions: bbm1711 and dncm15

JMoses

Jul 5, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
For those struggling with refusal case, kindly read up here. If you are applying for the first time also read carefully before applying. Link below

scholarship2study.com/how-to-apply-for-canada-student-visa-outside-canada/

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
For those struggling with refusal case, kindly read up here. If you are applying for the first time also read carefully before applying. Link below

scholarship2study.com/how-to-apply-for-canada-student-visa-outside-canada/
Hi! Is it okay to just present your bank account and your sponsor’s only for the financial proof? I mean, no assets like land titles?

Blauer Adler

Jan 12, 2020
Category........
Hi! Is it okay to just present your bank account and your sponsor’s only for the financial proof? I mean, no assets like land titles?
If you would backread on this thread, one of the reasons why some of here were denied visa is because of “I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, based on your current assets and financial status”. If you can address this by another way then I guess there is no need for any land titles.

JMoses

Jul 5, 2018
Nigeria
Category........

Do you go through the link I posted there at all?

I have already explained it there. You need to prove home ties. IT IS A MUST.

Hope this help ?

limeyy

Jun 13, 2019
Hi,

Would like to ask if you need to do something with our consulate office once you're already in Canada as a student? Thanks!

Freddiruch

Nov 3, 2019
Kaka receive ko lng ng result. Refused ulit. Dame reason. “i dont believe you will leave canada after..” di ko alam if di ba strong ung SOP or baka dahil 1yr lng ang kinuha ko. Pero fully paid na ung tuition.
May minention ba na specific reason kung bakit ka narefuse? Ung sa course na kinuha namin 2 years.

CelticLuck

Nov 20, 2019
Good day

Any students from Georgian College? Mag apply kasi yung kapatid ko, tanong ko lang kung ok ba syang institution for international students...

Thanks

richmond08

Jan 4, 2020
Hello. Question lang po. Important po ba na may dalang baby book or yung record of immunization upon entering Canada? I have all vaccinations completed as a child pero namisplace po yung baby book ko. Thank you po!
Not needed upon entering but it is helpful for your additional medical records here in Canada just in case you need it. If you go to a clinic, they will also do blood test to confirm if you're immune or requires booster.

Hi,
Would like to ask if you need to do something with our consulate office once you're already in Canada as a student? Thanks!

No, I only go there if I need some documents.

Last edited: