+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Mojito5

Dec 19, 2019
I just got my student permit approved for the Fall 2020 intake. Here is my profile and approval timeline:
- Single, mid-30’s, female
- 10 years work experience in the Marketing field
- Graduated with a B.A. in Integrated Marketing
- Resigned from corporate last year but working with the family business
- Will be taking up my Post-Grad for Digital Marketing in the Fall 2020 intake (1 year with a 2 month internship and a Post- Graduate Work Permit)

Non-SDS/Regular stream, online application (No Agency, everything was DIY but I did a lot of research and this forum helped a lot too.)

Approval Timeline:
December 7 - Submitted all documents online
December 9 - Medical Exam Passed
December 19 - Correspondence letter and request for passport

I already have my biometrics as I have an existing Tourist visa. Approval process took a total of 12 days from the time I submitted online to the time of approval (only 9 business days excluding weekends). Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hi! Can I submit my father’s financial documents only? Since he’s the one who’s paying for everything? Or do I need to have the money to transfer in my account? Thank you in advance.
Submit an Affidavit of Support from your father

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
My study permit was approved this morning and I'm confused what to do next. I will be fetching my Passport in Makati tomorrow. Do you guys have any tips on what will be the next steps? I will be grateful if you can answer my queries below:
1. What vaccines i need? Since I passed the medical, do I need to have one?
2. The validity of my study permit is until march 2022, can i book a dec 24 ticket?
3. What questions will i expect in the immigration? One in the NAIA and once I arrive in Vancouver.
4. How much money you suggest i bring? In Canadian dollars? My aunt will fetch me at the airport.
5. Do i need a very thick jacket? Not sure what is the weather when I arrive if i book dec 24 flight.

My classes will start on jan 06. Thank you all in advance for the replies. This forum is very helpful in my application.
1. Just bring a Record Immunization from your pediatrician or the doctors who administered the vaccines;

2. If you start on Jan 6 and ends on Mar 2022, is it a 2 yr program you are taking?...you are allowed to come by Dec 24 because you still need to register in your school, I think...and be settled before classes start

3. Normally, in NAIA, they will just ask for the stamped student visa in your passport...but just be prepared with the other documents which the Canada Border Officer will ask from you also such as the letter of approval of your application for SP, Tuition Fee Receipts, Financial Docs, how much money you have...with regards to the questions - it will be about your intention why you came to Canada, about your course, the duration, source of your funds

4. Not more than $10K

5. Just bring along a winter jacket...if you have none, a thick jacket will suffice, as long as you have 2 layers of clothing underneath

spunsnow

Oct 8, 2019
1. Just bring a Record Immunization from your pediatrician or the doctors who administered the vaccines;

2. If you start on Jan 6 and ends on Mar 2022, is it a 2 yr program you are taking?...you are allowed to come by Dec 24 because you still need to register in your school, I think...and be settled before classes start

3. Normally, in NAIA, they will just ask for the stamped student visa in your passport...but just be prepared with the other documents which the Canada Border Officer will ask from you also such as the letter of approval of your application for SP, Tuition Fee Receipts, Financial Docs, how much money you have...with regards to the questions - it will be about your intention why you came to Canada, about your course, the duration, source of your funds

4. Not more than $10K

5. Just bring along a winter jacket...if you have none, a thick jacket will suffice, as long as you have 2 layers of clothing underneath
Hi! I’m assuming you’re already in Canada? Did you have to show your immunization records? Because I had completed my shots as a child, I didn’t get anything else and only had the booster for MMR since it was specifically required.

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hi! I’m assuming you’re already in Canada? Did you have to show your immunization records? Because I had completed my shots as a child, I didn’t get anything else and only had the booster for MMR since it was specifically required.
No, we did not show my daughter’s immunization records because it was not asked...As I have witnessed the process since I accompanied my daughter here in Canada, the border officers may ask anything from the visa holders...just be prepared with all your documents...and pray that all will be fine

Roa08

Aug 21, 2017
Philippines
Category........
Actually my Fiancee. Yup SDS siya May 2020 ung intake namin. ikaw?
Kaka receive ko lng ng result. Refused ulit. Dame reason. “i dont believe you will leave canada after..” di ko alam if di ba strong ung SOP or baka dahil 1yr lng ang kinuha ko. Pero fully paid na ung tuition.

limeyy

Jun 13, 2019
My study permit was approved this morning and I'm confused what to do next. I will be fetching my Passport in Makati tomorrow. Do you guys have any tips on what will be the next steps? I will be grateful if you can answer my queries below:
1. What vaccines i need? Since I passed the medical, do I need to have one?
2. The validity of my study permit is until march 2022, can i book a dec 24 ticket?
3. What questions will i expect in the immigration? One in the NAIA and once I arrive in Vancouver.
4. How much money you suggest i bring? In Canadian dollars? My aunt will fetch me at the airport.
5. Do i need a very thick jacket? Not sure what is the weather when I arrive if i book dec 24 flight.

My classes will start on jan 06. Thank you all in advance for the replies. This forum is very helpful in my application.
Same here, just got my passport last Dec. 12, class starts on Nov. 6. Will be flying na tom.

limeyy

Jun 13, 2019
Hi all, based on my experience last night. Inask lang ng officer where i'll stay and if bayad na tuition. She didn't ask na for copies of any docs or immunization. That's all!

P.S. baka may students po jan for Centennial College- Progress campus. Hi po!

dncm15

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Hi! Question lang po. My father will be retiring soon, can we use the part of his retirement fund as my show money for studies, plus my personal savings? Thank you! And good luck to all :)

jd1996

Jan 5, 2020
Hello. Question lang po. Important po ba na may dalang baby book or yung record of immunization upon entering Canada? I have all vaccinations completed as a child pero namisplace po yung baby book ko. Thank you po!