+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

chechegb

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Hi :) Meron po ba ditong nag-aaral or nag-apply sa Concordia University College of Alberta? :)
Sa proof of funds po ba pag sa tuition po, pwede po bang tuition fee for the first term lang or dapat yung lahat-lahat na?

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hi! I'm just 3 hours away here in the University of Calgary. As far as I can remember, requirement when applying for a visa that you provide a proof that you are able to pay 1 year of fees plus 1 year of living expenses. Reason nila for having this requirement is to allow the atudents to adjuat in Canada and prevent them from working more that 20 hours a week.

dreamingkag

Nov 7, 2014
wondergirl1992 said:
it's totally okay to do home stay or apartment, since they won't ask for it YET during your online application,
they will only question your place of stay once your VISA has been approved, on your POINT OF ENTRY to Canada :)

So, If "home stay" will save you a heck lot of money, instead of renting an apartment (which is expensive coz you have to pay for everything) then just ask the person you are staying with to prepare a LOI for you, indicating the address, telephone number and citizenship of the Person you will be staying at :)

hope that helps :3
Hi Thank you! My passport is already approved. But now I am undecided if I will choose home-stay or Apartment. My friend who also applied doesn't have her visa yet. And I don't want to live in Apartment without checking the place yet. But isn't it risky if I do home-stay? What if the family doesn't treat me well?

chechegb

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
DocRZ said:
Hi! I'm just 3 hours away here in the University of Calgary. As far as I can remember, requirement when applying for a visa that you provide a proof that you are able to pay 1 year of fees plus 1 year of living expenses. Reason nila for having this requirement is to allow the atudents to adjuat in Canada and prevent them from working more that 20 hours a week.
May i ask po if how much yung proof of funds niyo sa bank? Thank you po :)

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
chechegb said:
May i ask po if how much yung proof of funds niyo sa bank? Thank you po :)
I showed them approximately $20,000. But since I have some form of stipend from the University of Calgary because my program is reseach based, I was able to prove that I have enough money that is good for a year with just $20,000 in my bank account.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
chechegb said:
May nakapag-apply na po ba diyo sa University of Alberta? Mahirap po bang makapasok?
I know someone here sa forum. She uses hopefulangel as her profile name. She's now with University of Alberta. As far as I know she's an occupational therapist. I tried to get a scholarship but I never got any response. It probably depends on the program you're trying to admission. If it's course based Postgraduate degree, then it would be easier since you don't need a professor that will serve as your supervisor (which is actually the hardest requirement to fulfill). Give it a try. Make sure your credentials are really competitive. Good luck!

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
I am also applying for U of A for Fall 2015. I dont know how long ang result nila. Although, they have emailed me that mid Dec 2014 they will start sending the result.

Sino pa po going sa U of A? Rent tayo ng house, sharing na lang po tayo.

chechegb

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
DocRZ said:
I know someone here sa forum. She uses hopefulangel as her profile name. She's now with University of Alberta. As far as I know she's an occupational therapist. I tried to get a scholarship but I never got any response. It probably depends on the program you're trying to admission. If it's course based Postgraduate degree, then it would be easier since you don't need a professor that will serve as your supervisor (which is actually the hardest requirement to fulfill). Give it a try. Make sure your credentials are really competitive. Good luck!
Thank you so much, DocRZ :)

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
hi softmallowgum! hindi ako maka pag send ng PM sayo kasi full daw ung inbox mo :(

ycam

Jun 21, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello po.. Im a PR na but I want to bring at least one of my siblings in Calgary. Were thinking na mag apply xa ng SP pero ang gusto nya magmasteral. I don't even know where to start or is it better po ba na we seek the help of an agency in Manila? Usually magkano po ba ang singil s mga ganyang agency? and if u know somebody that could help us, please do let me know. Maraming salamat po. ;D

Torque78

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
27-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-09-2014 In God's graces!
ycam said:
hello po.. Im a PR na but I want to bring at least one of my siblings in Calgary. Were thinking na mag apply xa ng SP pero ang gusto nya magmasteral. I don't even know where to start or is it better po ba na we seek the help of an agency in Manila? Usually magkano po ba ang singil s mga ganyang agency? and if u know somebody that could help us, please do let me know. Maraming salamat po. ;D
Good for you! It's up to you if you still decide to seek help from an agency after backreading from this forum. It's a long read but it's worth it! There are lots of tips & different cases telling the requirements & all the stuff you need for a Study Permit application. A lot of helpful forum mates & opinions here too, just ask your questions. My husband & I got a lot of information which really helped us in our application since we decided to try not to go to an agency to save the money for this endeavour. We did just fine. Good luck!

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
ycam said:
Hi. I'm studying here in the University of Calgary. It depends what kind of Masters program your sibling wants. If it's course based MSc, it's pretty easy to get admitted. Just look up for the requirements and if thry are all satisfied, admission can be granted. Then the visa will be easy since CIC also checks which university the student is attending. Downside is you have to pay a hefty amount yearly. Around $12,000 on the first year. Now if it's a research based MSc, your sibling might need to do extensive research on the admission requirements. Isa kasi sa requirement is to have a research supervisor (the toughest requirement). But once your sibling gets into a research based MSc, you need not support him/her financially kasi students enrolled in research programs are given minimum $20,000/year.

No need for consultants! They charge at least P70,000. Pamasahe na yun.

Good luck!