+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Have a safe trip hopefulgirl! :)

For those considering to take masters in Ryerson, let me just share how the process is based on my experience.

It's a two-step process. First, is to register online, fill up the form and then pay the application fee. Have scans of your transcript and make sure you contacted your academic reference prior to submitting your application form. After paying, you will receive an email giving you instructions for step two (uploaded specific documents). The school I am applying to informed me that my references will be contacted first before they contact me. They will be giving you a school ID number na agad kahit applicant pa lang so that adds excitement and motivation on my part ;D After your application is assessed by the admissions department, they will then forward it to the respective department you are applying for and then a final decision will be made.

Wish me luck! ;D

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
hello! mag update lang ako. I'm already here on student visa. I applied for OWP ng husband ko and Open study permit for my kid last August but they were refused nung September because walang NBI and birth certificate attached (online application will not ask for these docs so careful lang for those na aapply palang). I was heartbroken kasi I wanted them na sumunod na sana agad.

We resubmitted the application online nung September 29. We added all the papers they needed, yung docs on the previous application and updated the bank certs. Today, we received the email for passport requests!

Good luck to all who are applying for the Winter intake. Baunin ang init ng Pilipinas kasi -17 ngayon dito sa Alberta :)

If it's meant to be, it will be ;)

Hopefulgir08

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13, 2014 (July 1, 2014 refused due to foreign police clearance) October 29, 2014 (reapplied)
Med's Request
June 17, 2014
Med's Done....
June 19,2014
Passport Req..
Paper Application. November 4, 2014(approval email rceived)
VISA ISSUED...
November 6, 2014 Passport received
LANDED..........
November 2014
Thanks torque78, hope I'll get the same thing from IO. Yung wala ng tanong tanong pa. :)

Micmic, thanks! :) :)

koreanstudent

Jul 29, 2014
Hello everyone from Philippines,

I am a foreign student in Korea, I have applied for SP (PhD program with full scholarship) processed at MANILA.

I applied paper-based on 17 July 2014 for Fall 2014, my wife and son have also applied TRV (family accompany) together.

We all had done medical exam on 25 July 2014. I and my son had no problem, but my wife had to take further test for tuberculosis (Spectrum test). It took more than two months. At that time, I sent several emails to Embassy to request them for separating my application. However, they did not response anything. So I have to delay my enrollment to winter term.

My wife took spectrum test results (all in inactive) on 25 Sep, it was sent to Visa office. They also sent an email to request further x-ray test after spectrum test. And, my wife had done on 26 Oct.

My deferral letter (new admission letter) had sent to VO on 28 Oct upfront their requests.

Please give me advices for my case, what should i do now?

Thank you so much for helps.

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Soon :)
Hello Everyone!!!!! I just received a good news for my study visa application, already approved!!! Just 1 month processing!! i received the email of approval Nov 17. Finally after months of waiting (due to the maturity of settlement funds kasi need to be at least 4 months). HOWEVER, I have a problem pa :( my husband received a refusal letter :( ako lang yung approved. Ang case kasi namin sabay kami nag sumbit, he submitted an application for TRV, we received both emails na tanggap na ng embassy, and kami din dalawa naka received ng notification for medical, schedule for our medical was NOV 4 nang matapos namin ang medical, we got home and took a rest na, yun pala may email na refusal na sa husband ko. we are wondering kasi sa email nov 3 ang nakalagay, but we received it nov 4 na, at around 10pm :( natapos na ang medical and all. haaayyy

so we are planning to re apply for my husband, kasi our plan talaga is to travel together, our agent said na mas mabuti if mauna ako then later na cya mag re apply pag nasa canada na ako. OK kaya if ganun? Pero we will still take another chance na mag re apply habang nandito pa ako.

Can somebody help me kung ano yung mga possible documents na pwede namin i submit for my husband's re application? sabi ng agent namin the reason for his refusal was in general lang daw, parang hindi convinced ang embassy na he will just accompany me. Is it ok if gagawa kami ng letter of explanation or parang sort of SOP nya? wala din kasi kami any assets/business, both of us we're just employed lang kasi.

I just wanted to ask din for those na hindi dumaan sa agency kung ano yung mga docs na na submit sa embassy for your spouse...
help naman for those who applied with their hubby.. ano yung mga documents na inattach ninyo?

Tho i'm really thankful na finally approved na yung akin, kasi I know din mas mabigat if kaming dalawa yung refused hopefully hindi kami masyadong mahirapan sa re application ni hubby. Godbless to those who are still waiting for their application. :) God is really good, we had a lot of challenges along the way talaga, as in, still may challenges parin hehe

Sana matulungan nyo ako guys... Thank you :)

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
Hi jaycee1027,
When we submitted my husband's application, we included a letter of explanation (parang SOP). I put there kung how many years na sya sa work and how stable the work is pero he explained that we want the family to stay together, especially for our daughter. Here are the docs na we submitted:
-nbi clearance
-employment certificate
-car registration, land title and bank certs
-lease contract (meron kasi syang land na pinaparent)
-bank history
-travel history (passport stamps)

Please note though na may tourist visa sya sa Canada and nagpunta na sya once. We applied for Open Work permit nung nandito na ko on student visa. Hope this helps.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
koreanstudent said:

I am a foreign student in Korea, I have applied for SP (PhD program with full scholarship) processed at MANILA.

I applied paper-based on 17 July 2014 for Fall 2014, my wife and son have also applied TRV (family accompany) together.

We all had done medical exam on 25 July 2014. I and my son had no problem, but my wife had to take further test for tuberculosis (Spectrum test). It took more than two months. At that time, I sent several emails to Embassy to request them for separating my application. However, they did not response anything. So I have to delay my enrollment to winter term.

My wife took spectrum test results (all in inactive) on 25 Sep, it was sent to Visa office. They also sent an email to request further x-ray test after spectrum test. And, my wife had done on 26 Oct.

My deferral letter (new admission letter) had sent to VO on 28 Oct upfront their requests.

안녕하세요!
This is a bit tough since the application already includes your wife and kid. And as far as I know, decisions are all given at once for everyone included in the application. I think it is best for you to wait a bit more. You still have at least 6 more weeks before the start of the winter term. Hopefully the decision will be on your favor. If that happens, be prepared for a colder winter, especially if your university is not in British Columbia. 행은!

Hienz

Nov 29, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have been following this page and it seems very informative. Please correct me if I had missed but never read about Filipino who submitted an application for Study Permit outside the Philippines.

This is my concern:

I have been living in Thailand for 9 years planning to submit Study Permit for Canada.

Is it possible to have my study permit done here in Thailand?

I really appreciate your help guys...

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
hello,
tanong ko lang po sa mga seniors, pwede po ba ako makigamit sa friend ko na nasa Canada ng credit card niya sa pag apply ng visa? I dont have credit card po kasi. and by the way yung friend ko din po ang mag sponsor sakn na tumira sa place niya

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
mumay14 said:
Hi jaycee1027,
When we submitted my husband's application, we included a letter of explanation (parang SOP). I put there kung how many years na sya sa work and how stable the work is pero he explained that we want the family to stay together, especially for our daughter. Here are the docs na we submitted:
-nbi clearance
-employment certificate
-car registration, land title and bank certs
-lease contract (meron kasi syang land na pinaparent)
-bank history
-travel history (passport stamps)

Please note though na may tourist visa sya sa Canada and nagpunta na sya once. We applied for Open Work permit nung nandito na ko on student visa. Hope this helps.

Hi Mumay! thank you so much!!! this will really help me, I am planning to re apply by next week, sana ma ok agad, thank you ulit ha :)

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
koreanstudent said:

Hey there, I don't have an answer to your question but I have a history of extra-pulmonary Tuberculosis. I'm still waiting for my visa as well.

I can't post links but if you search Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive) on the search button, the first thread result *might* help you with regards to knowing more with the medical exam timeline for your wife. I did some back reading on it in order to expect what the Embassy might ask me to do, in case they want me to have further medical exams.

I hope it helps!

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
hello I'm coming to canada this dec. 10, port of entry will be vancouver and destination is calgary..

Any tips on the Port of Entry interview? Like what to show the officer to justify my student visa?

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
erwinjohn997 said:
hello,
tanong ko lang po sa mga seniors, pwede po ba ako makigamit sa friend ko na nasa Canada ng credit card niya sa pag apply ng visa? I dont have credit card po kasi. and by the way yung friend ko din po ang mag sponsor sakn na tumira sa place niya
you can use it naman as long as your friend will provide his card information to you, its very confidential though.

jaycee1027

Aug 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Makati (Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
10/20/2014
Med's Done....
11/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
11/17/2014
LANDED..........
Hi mumay! yes i will update :) I have one question pa pala, i clarify ko lang if nasa canada kana nung mag re apply ang husband mo?