+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
ycam said:
hello po.. Im a PR na but I want to bring at least one of my siblings in Calgary. Were thinking na mag apply xa ng SP pero ang gusto nya magmasteral. I don't even know where to start or is it better po ba na we seek the help of an agency in Manila? Usually magkano po ba ang singil s mga ganyang agency? and if u know somebody that could help us, please do let me know. Maraming salamat po. ;D
I applied through an agency before reading this forum. If I knew about this forum, I would have just applied on my own. I think it's faster and better when you do it on your own. Mahal mashado ang agency and sadly, I had to learn the lesson the expensive way.

sweetnovember14

Aug 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone ;D

I want to share the good news that my Study permit application was approved, it is indeed a sweet November ;D! God is really good and I owe it all to Him. I also want to thank all of you for being so ever helpful; this forum helped me a lot to process it all through, from the information that I've acquired, through gathering documents, and to submitting my application online; A BIG THANK YOU to all, to the seniors and special mention to Aly911, who took an extra miles to help me :-*; Aly, like I've always say, you are truly a heaven sent!

And to those waiting for their result and to those in the process of applying, I want to wish you all the best! Just always pray and surrender everything to God, He always know what is best for all of us; if a door close, this is because He is going to open a bigger door for you ;D.

I want to share this phrase that I've read from the 'Our Daily Bread': "In the face of all life's circumstances, we can know the peace of trusting the presence and power of God in the midst of trouble as we wait patiently and prayerfully for his deliverance. So drop your hands, for God's hands are busy on your behalf! - Joe Stowell"

When we put our problems in God's hands, He puts His peace in our hearts. May God continue to bless us all! ;D

Again thank you and best of luck to all of us!

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Congrats sweetnovember! :-*

Thanks for the info DocRZ!

Wish me luck guys! I'm still waiting for approval from Ryerson University :(

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
guys pwede po pa help? i will be studying disability studies in BVC and okay po ba nailgay ko to sa SOP ko? kasi to be honest onti lang tlga yung mga organizations dto sa pilipinas na nag ttake care sa mga clients with disability. im afraid kasi baka ma reject ako due to lack of employment in my home country. baka po may ma issuggest po kayo sa nilagay ko sa SOP ko? andf need ko din po ba ilagay ung mga job opportunities ko dito sa pinas after studying in canada?

"Even before I studied nursing, it has been my passion to help persons with disability. Perhaps this was influenced by my cousin who is an epileptic and was also diagnosed as mentally challenged. Whenever I visit him at their home, I feel sad because only his mother takes care of him. Unfortunately, only a few institutions professionally takes care of individuals with disability in the Philippines. This is further compounded by the acute lack of qualified and properly trained personnel to provide the support and services they need. As a result, these institutions are usually at their full operating capacity. Despite its limitations, my country is trying to catch up to be at par with developed nations of the world when it comes to caring for persons with disability. Yet it is not enough since human services for persons with disability is still in its infancy in the Philippines. It is in this light that I would like to add my contribution by studying abroad where I can get expert education. I hope to make a difference in the lives and well-being of children and adults with disabilities in my country. I firmly believe that such venture and advocacy will be both spiritually and materially rewarding."

and here's my plan after graduation..

"After graduation, I intend to go back to work with my employer while at the same time, convince her to expand her clinic’s support and services to include caring for persons with disability. If I will be unsuccessful at that, alternatively, I will venture on my own with my father providing the seed money to set up my own clinic to support individuals with special needs and disabilities. It will be a small beginning at first, but surely with dedicated work and passion, I look forward to expanding my business to serve not only our local community but the greater community in general."

okay na po kaya to? thank you!

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
10-1-14 transmitted 10-9-14
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
dreamingkag said:
Hi Thank you! My passport is already approved. But now I am undecided if I will choose home-stay or Apartment. My friend who also applied doesn't have her visa yet. And I don't want to live in Apartment without checking the place yet. But isn't it risky if I do home-stay? What if the family doesn't treat me well?

Congrats on your visa!! :D

I am pretty sure the family you will be staying at will treat you right, because from what I know, (from a friend in Canada who accepts students to home stay) the families are assessed and screened before they are allowed to accept international students in their house- so I can say that it's pretty safe. Don't also miss out the fact that Canadians are well- known for their generosity and kindness.

If you opted to stay in an apartment, perhaps it would be better to have a roommate with you to share the expenses (just make sure you can trust that roommate!! you wouldn't want your stuff to be stolen, right?). The living expenses in Canada can be really expensive, so if you have a friend or relative there- might as well stay with them! :) but in the end, it is your choice!

Just always think that no matter what you choose- make sure to make the most out of it and don't worry too much! :) enjoy your stay :D

Where exactly are you going to live btw? Toronto?

wondergirl1992

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-26-14
Med's Request
9-29-14
Med's Done....
10-1-14 transmitted 10-9-14
Passport Req..
10-15-14
VISA ISSUED...
10-23-25
LANDED..........
soon...
superman2012 said:
guys pwede po pa help? i will be studying disability studies in BVC and okay po ba nailgay ko to sa SOP ko? kasi to be honest onti lang tlga yung mga organizations dto sa pilipinas na nag ttake care sa mga clients with disability. im afraid kasi baka ma reject ako due to lack of employment in my home country. baka po may ma issuggest po kayo sa nilagay ko sa SOP ko? andf need ko din po ba ilagay ung mga job opportunities ko dito sa pinas after studying in canada?

"Even before I studied nursing, it has been my passion to help persons with disability. Perhaps this was influenced by my cousin who is an epileptic and was also diagnosed as mentally challenged. Whenever I visit him at their home, I feel sad because only his mother takes care of him. Unfortunately, only a few institutions professionally takes care of individuals with disability in the Philippines. This is further compounded by the acute lack of qualified and properly trained personnel to provide the support and services they need. As a result, these institutions are usually at their full operating capacity. Despite its limitations, my country is trying to catch up to be at par with developed nations of the world when it comes to caring for persons with disability. Yet it is not enough since human services for persons with disability is still in its infancy in the Philippines. It is in this light that I would like to add my contribution by studying abroad where I can get expert education. I hope to make a difference in the lives and well-being of children and adults with disabilities in my country. I firmly believe that such venture and advocacy will be both spiritually and materially rewarding."

and here's my plan after graduation..

"After graduation, I intend to go back to work with my employer while at the same time, convince her to expand her clinic's support and services to include caring for persons with disability. If I will be unsuccessful at that, alternatively, I will venture on my own with my father providing the seed money to set up my own clinic to support individuals with special needs and disabilities. It will be a small beginning at first, but surely with dedicated work and passion, I look forward to expanding my business to serve not only our local community but the greater community in general."

okay na po kaya to? thank you!

sounds good! I think you just need to provide evidence that you have strong ties to your country. Like a current job, properties, etc.
Your SOP seems quite different from mine since, mine is direct to the point, in bullet form and precise (I didn't really went so much into the specifics- just my career goal and purpose of studying in canada), but I think that will do as well, because it sounds honest :)

If you can include more about:
>WHY YOU HAVE TO COME BACK to the Philippines?
>WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO STUDY IN CANADA AND not in any other countries?
>Why did you pick that specific school?
>How can this course help in improving your career in the PHilippines (i think this one is pretty much covered by your SOP)?

then that would be cool :) and of course always provide supporting documents to back up your statement :)
Good luck! :D

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
wondergirl1992 said:
sounds good! I think you just need to provide evidence that you have strong ties to your country. Like a current job, properties, etc.
Your SOP seems quite different from mine since, mine is direct to the point, in bullet form and precise (I didn't really went so much into the specifics- just my career goal and purpose of studying in canada), but I think that will do as well, because it sounds honest :)

If you can include more about:
>WHY YOU HAVE TO COME BACK to the Philippines?
>WHY DID YOU CHOOSE TO STUDY IN CANADA AND not in any other countries?
>Why did you pick that specific school?
>How can this course help in improving your career in the PHilippines (i think this one is pretty much covered by your SOP)?

then that would be cool :) and of course always provide supporting documents to back up your statement :)
Good luck! :D
thank you so much wonderful girl. Illgay ko din po ba yung mga job opportunities ko dto sa philippines like pde ako mag work in private and public organizations, hospital, school etc? :) yep nailagay ko na din po yung why canada mejo nag research tlga ako about calgary canada and mga mggandang places dun hehe. Thanks

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
DocRZ said:
Hi. I'm studying here in the University of Calgary. It depends what kind of Masters program your sibling wants. If it's course based MSc, it's pretty easy to get admitted. Just look up for the requirements and if thry are all satisfied, admission can be granted. Then the visa will be easy since CIC also checks which university the student is attending. Downside is you have to pay a hefty amount yearly. Around $12,000 on the first year. Now if it's a research based MSc, your sibling might need to do extensive research on the admission requirements. Isa kasi sa requirement is to have a research supervisor (the toughest requirement). But once your sibling gets into a research based MSc, you need not support him/her financially kasi students enrolled in research programs are given minimum $20,000/year.

No need for consultants! They charge at least P70,000. Pamasahe na yun.

Good luck!

Nireject ako sa university of calgary, apply sana ako MSc Math/Stats kaso as per the website and confirmation from the department adviser

http://grad.ucalgary.ca/prospective/international-students/international-admission-requirements/asia/philippines

Hay...very limited ang university na applyan ko. mabuti na lang ang univ of alberta tinanggap ang application ko kaya waiting ako ng result.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
micmic said:
Congrats sweetnovember! :-*

Thanks for the info DocRZ!

Wish me luck guys! I'm still waiting for approval from Ryerson University :(
micmic, masters ka din ba? I applied but they rejected me as well, I am not eligible to apply directly to masters since bach degree grad lang ako.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
ycam said:
hello po.. Im a PR na but I want to bring at least one of my siblings in Calgary. Were thinking na mag apply xa ng SP pero ang gusto nya magmasteral. I don't even know where to start or is it better po ba na we seek the help of an agency in Manila? Usually magkano po ba ang singil s mga ganyang agency? and if u know somebody that could help us, please do let me know. Maraming salamat po. ;D
Hi. Pagsearchin mo muna cya ng univ pagna admit cya madali nyo ng magagawa ang SP application nya. pero dapat may laman n bank nya atleast CAD 20k. para pag apply kau ng visa maapprove.

Hope this helps.

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
May nag try ba sa inyu na mag follow up status ng application?

Nov 5 ako nag apply(Online) na recieve nila medicals ko nung mga Nov 17 tapos mula noon wala pa akong natatangap na bagong balita mula sa kanila

yung sa inyu ang bibilis

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
vash021 said:
May nag try ba sa inyu na mag follow up status ng application?

Nov 5 ako nag apply(Online) na recieve nila medicals ko nung mga Nov 17 tapos mula noon wala pa akong natatangap na bagong balita mula sa kanila

yung sa inyu ang bibilis
Online ka ba nagsubmit? I got my result 2weeks after ng medical. Baka this week, darating na rin result mo.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
canadaeh1234 said:
hello I'm coming to canada this dec. 10, port of entry will be vancouver and destination is calgary..

Any tips on the Port of Entry interview? Like what to show the officer to justify my student visa?
Nuod ka ng border security ng Canada for info. Kasi may mga things we dont really thought of.. I have seen nga 1 filipino na nafeatured sa tv series na ito, his bringing canned goods, di nya dineclare na with poultry or meat cya kasi for him canned goods un.

Try mo kung may time ka pa d-load mo muna at watched then delete mo.

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
aly911 said:
Online ka ba nagsubmit? I got my result 2weeks after ng medical. Baka this week, darating na rin result mo.
oo online ako nag apply nakaka kaba lng
kung ma deny man sisimulan ko na sa application ko for australia