+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
tipsy said:
micmic, masters ka din ba? I applied but they rejected me as well, I am not eligible to apply directly to masters since bach degree grad lang ako.
Hey tipsy,

just to clear things out, you applied also at Ryerson and they denied you? Or were you referring to the University you mentioned? :(
I think it's also a case to case basis since I talked to the guys at York University when I was considering a Masters in Environmental Studies and while it was stated that applicants from the Philippines must already posses a masters degree when applying, they did still consider me qualified after I sent them a copy of my transcript and said I will just go to the "non-standard applicant" route. The department on Sociology on the other hand was very strict and said ouright that they cannot entertain my application. I didn't push the application with York anymore since I found Ryerson's program to be more appropraite with my background and interests. I just wish they think likewise ;D

Friends, I passed the initial screening of Ryerson! Took them a week to inform me about it so I was surprised it was that fast...Wish me luck! I hope my next post here is sharing the good news! Here's hoping that my Christmas/New Year will be celebrated with an offer of place :D

chie26

Dec 3, 2014
aly911 said:
In my case, (where I got a refusal for my 1st application) it only took 2weeks for my application bago naaprove. I'm not really sure if the receipt would work for the upfront med exam since yung barcode/cclient identification number ang tinitingnan nla. Hmmm
Thank you po sa pag reply :)
Ang weird nga po eh =\ so ano po gagawin ko? Hihintayin ko po yung paper na ibibigay nila sakin (which will take weeks) then i-upload sa mycic? Pano po yun eh next month na po ang start ng school @_@ sobrang gahol sa oras ...

aly911

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 30, 2014/August 1, 2014
Med's Request
July 2, 2014
Med's Done....
July 14, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
chie26 said:
Thank you po sa pag reply :)
Ang weird nga po eh =\ so ano po gagawin ko? Hihintayin ko po yung paper na ibibigay nila sakin (which will take weeks) then i-upload sa mycic? Pano po yun eh next month na po ang start ng school @ _ @ sobrang gahol sa oras ...
Kelan ka nagmedical? Nasubmit mo na ba application mo?

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
tipsy said:
Nireject ako sa university of calgary, apply sana ako MSc Math/Stats kaso as per the website and confirmation from the department adviser

http://grad.ucalgary.ca/prospective/international-students/international-admission-requirements/asia/philippines

Hay...very limited ang university na applyan ko. mabuti na lang ang univ of alberta tinanggap ang application ko kaya waiting ako ng result.
I see... But it's a bit weird that your application was accepted in UofA. Before kasi naging independent ang University of Calgary, it was the Calgary campus of University of Alberta. Plus their screening is more stringent. Actually, they did not accept me there despite the fact that my GPA is 3.54 of 4.0 scale (1.56 of the reverse 5.0 scale). Hopefully matanggap ka...

here2share

Dec 3, 2014
Hi all,

I have applied online for the study permit for my PhD in Electrical Engineering at the University of Alberta. I am from India and now living in Japan (application goes to Philippines office) and applied online on November 13, but I have not got any updates yet after the confirmation of my application. My classes are starting from January 5, 2015 and I am starting to worry if they do not send me the decision in time, I may be late to meet the class starting date. You can check my profile below.

Applied for: Study permit for me and Visitor Visa for my wife (we are living together in Japan).
Admission letter: From University of Alberta for PhD in Electrical Engineering with the total RA/TA fund of 25,700 CAD.
Documents submitted: My Bachelors and Masters degree certificates and transcripts (with distinction) and IELTS score sheet with 7.5 score and letter of explanation including my SOP.
Financial documents: About 12,000 CAD as current bank deposit, TA/RA letter worth 25,700 CAD, letter of affidavit from my uncle (He is a current citizen of Canada with stable job) showing that he will help in case of financial necessities and my property evaluation certificate from my country.

As I am living in Japan for more than 2 years, I am exempt of medical test as per CIC website. I am not sure if they are going to ask for it. If they ask for the one, what is the tentative time it takes after I send the medical report?

If anyone have suggestion in my situation or have similar situation, please kindly post your opinion. My main worry is that, if they ask for the medical report now on, I may not be able to reach there in time for my classes it in time.

Thank you :)

softmallowgum

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Hey guys, I'm still waiting to hear from the Embassy after my medicals have been submitted to the embassy last Nov. 17, 2014. When I applied (paper based) last Oct. 30, 2014, the processing time for the Manila office was listed at 13 weeks at the CIC site. I randomly checked back, and now it seems they updated the times last Nov. 14, 2014 and changed it to 15 weeks. If this is true, I would be hearing from them only on the 1st- 2nd week of February. By then, it'll be a full month from when my classes begin (Jan 5, 2015).

Can I ask, for those who applied and those who had submitted their medicals on and after Nov. 14, 2014, have you heard from the Embassy? Do you have any updates on your application? I just want to see if we're all affected (so to speak) by the new 15 week processing time.

I wish we could contact the embassy directly, but even if we did, I have a feeling we would be denied of any info, especially since our papers are still within the "normal" 15 week processing time.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
micmic said:
Hey tipsy,

just to clear things out, you applied also at Ryerson and they denied you? Or were you referring to the University you mentioned? :(
I think it's also a case to case basis since I talked to the guys at York University when I was considering a Masters in Environmental Studies and while it was stated that applicants from the Philippines must already posses a masters degree when applying, they did still consider me qualified after I sent them a copy of my transcript and said I will just go to the "non-standard applicant" route. The department on Sociology on the other hand was very strict and said ouright that they cannot entertain my application. I didn't push the application with York anymore since I found Ryerson's program to be more appropraite with my background and interests. I just wish they think likewise ;D

Friends, I passed the initial screening of Ryerson! Took them a week to inform me about it so I was surprised it was that fast...Wish me luck! I hope my next post here is sharing the good news! Here's hoping that my Christmas/New Year will be celebrated with an offer of place :D

Ryerson was one of the canadian university who rejected my application since they said that our secondary is upto grade 10 only, therefore master's degree is required.

sample email reply ng Ryerson:

Please note, applicants from the Philippines need to have an undergrad and masters degree to be eligible to apply to our program.

tapos sa york, i found this sa website nila:
http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/graduate/country/philippines

Let me know if you ryerson accepted you. I will apply to that university kasi yan ang pinakamalapit sa haus ng bro ko.
Best of Luck
Thanks.

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
tipsy said:
Ryerson was one of the canadian university who rejected my application since they said that our secondary is upto grade 10 only, therefore master's degree is required.

sample email reply ng Ryerson:

Please note, applicants from the Philippines need to have an undergrad and masters degree to be eligible to apply to our program.

tapos sa york, i found this sa website nila:
http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/graduate/country/philippines

Let me know if you ryerson accepted you. I will apply to that university kasi yan ang pinakamalapit sa haus ng bro ko.
Best of Luck
Thanks.
depende yan sa dalhousie university ganun din nakalgay kailangan daw may masters para mag apply ng masters sa kanila

sa case ko nmn i did 4 years nursing tapos 2 years Com Sci at na accept ako sa masters of applied computer science nila

chie26

Dec 3, 2014
aly911 said:
Kelan ka nagmedical? Nasubmit mo na ba application mo?
upfront medical exam po two days ago. nagkasakit po kasi ako kaya hindi ko sya naasikaso ng mas maaga :( yun pa po yung isang concern ko ... wala po yung "next" button sa lower right to submit it - unless may i-upload akong document sa lahat ng required fields .... nag panic po kasi ako nung nalaman kong may 15 week processing time kaya i-nupload ko yung receipt sa proof ng medical exam ... naisip ko ifforward din naman ng st. lukes yung results sa embassy.

argh! feeling ko maling mali ang ginawa ko T_T

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
Hi chie26,

Nag upload ako ng receipt ng medical na tinanggap naman ng embassy (may sticker sa receipt yung samin to show yung code). Pero ibang case kasi yon dahil re application, meaning napasa na yung medical before. Hope tanggapin nila yung sayo :)

micmic

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
Praying for it!
Hey tipsy!

Thank you for your prompt response. I cannot find in Ryerson's website the same link similar to York's which details country specific requirements. I also had a face to face conversation with one of the program directors of Ryerson last August and she knew that I only have a bachelors and yet did not cite that requirement. Unless she wants me to find out the expensive way ;D

I just like to ask: Did they rejected you outright or you also underwent the second screening before they told you that you need to have a masters degree prior to applying? As I've mentioned, the admissions department already reviewed my credentials and are now forwarded to the department/college I am applying for final screening. I think they should have told me from the first screening that I am already disqualified from applying instead of letting me know that I am at the second stage of the application. They should have just killed my expectations before it started building up :(

In York for example, I cited the same link to two departments I am interested in. One told me I qualify and will undergo the non-standard application process. The other one first consulted with the admissions department before confirming with me that their college strictly abide by the said criteria. It would be unfair for Ryerson if they didn't make this criteria known and just let us fall victim into it :(

I hope you can shed light to my query as this is starting to make me REALLY nervous ;D Lastly, what program did you apply for?

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
vash021 said:
depende yan sa dalhousie university ganun din nakalgay kailangan daw may masters para mag apply ng masters sa kanila

sa case ko nmn i did 4 years nursing tapos 2 years Com Sci at na accept ako sa masters of applied computer science nila
San k kumuha ng 2-yrs mo? Ganyan din case ko pero mejo iba ng kaunti, bs math ako then nung ns 3rd yr nko nag computer technology ako so sabay ako grumadyet.

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
tipsy said:
San k kumuha ng 2-yrs mo? Ganyan din case ko pero mejo iba ng kaunti, bs math ako then nung ns 3rd yr nko nag computer technology ako so sabay ako grumadyet.
Sa case ko nmn 4 years nursingvsa san beda college mendiola graduated with a degree tapos kumuha ako ng 2 years comsci sa informatics eastwood also graduated with degree so bali may dalawang degree ako nung nag apply

Ilang years ka sa college? If 6 years or more i think they will consider your case

maxplank858

Sep 7, 2014
Hi po

Sino po dito ang nag apply sa george brown? ano na po ang status ng application nyo? medyo matagal pala sila mag review ng documents... nag submit ako last nov 17 at ang status ko submitted pa rin.. although meron na akong student id... but that's it. heheheh

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Hello kailangan ba ng letter galing sa titirhan ko sa canada when entering Canada? or just provide them with the address lang?