+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Jewelz

Jun 18, 2014
businessgirl2014 said:
I graduated last 2012 too! haha..sooo we kinda have the same sitch here..lol.. sayang nga our parents bought us land pero di pa titled.. i have no properties listed under my name too,, married early kase.. u know..myembro ako sa young moms.. i had my son when i was 20.. i did not mention anything about my study gap though..
Nakakatuwa naman may kagaya ko pa pala na nagpupush trhrough sa ganuto hehehe ako sis i gave birth to my first born when i was only 17. Pero d ako married. Living in the same house naman kami, makikita kc nla yun study gap sa transcript i think, not sure though. For pick up na docs ko bukas so i am kinda nervous na... God bless us! :)

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
Jewelz said:
Nakakatuwa naman may kagaya ko pa pala na nagpupush trhrough sa ganuto hehehe ako sis i gave birth to my first born when i was only 17. Pero d ako married. Living in the same house naman kami, makikita kc nla yun study gap sa transcript i think, not sure though. For pick up na docs ko bukas so i am kinda nervous na... God bless us! :)
how many kids do you have sis? ganun ba? ok lang yan..aja parin tau!! :) The important part is that we are trying to build our lives.

Jewelz

Jun 18, 2014
businessgirl2014 said:
how many kids do you have sis? ganun ba? ok lang yan..aja parin tau!! :) The important part is that we are trying to build our lives.
I already have three kids na... :) oo nga, push lng ng push! Balitaan mo ko sa application mo ha. Hehe paperbased ka rin ba o nagonline ka?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ humdrumdum

mron na ako G1 license, question and answer lang nmn un, 38/40 nakuha ko, 3 hours of study.
nung nakuha ko ung G1 license, sabi nung tauhan sa serviceontario na pwede ako mag skip ng G2 test at pwede n ako mag test para sa full G license (highway driving), dahil may driving experience na ako sa philippines. kailangan mo ipakita ang philippines driving license and certificate para pwede ka rin mag skip ng G2 test. :)

----------------------------------------------------------
@ frustratedcanadian

hindi ba saturated ang accounting field sa canada?

Thirdy21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29 and June 24
File Transfer...
April 29, 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
May 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 10, 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon

Hi everyone,

I just wanna share my experience regarding the application. First, here is my profile

BS Medical Technology Graduate Cum Laude
Funds of 1.3 Million pesos - parents bank account
1 year work experience - 14k per month
IELTS - 8
car and land titles
program is Advanced Biotechnology 3 years
Passport stamp in HK and Dubai

6 days after the submission of my medical results to the embassy, I received an email that my passport has been dispatched and my application has been finalized. The next day I received my passport without any visa. My application was denied with the following reasons:

Financial Capabilities
Employment Prospects and status
Travel History

I was heartbroken, but I did not succumbed into self-pity. I reapplied with my agency and they wrote a very good SOP which sounds very technical and as it it was written by a lawyer. I applied on June 24 and here is my new profile:

BS medical technology cum laude
Funds of 2.4 million pesos
Tuition payment of 3600 CAD
Own bank account with 100k
IELTS - 8
car and land titles

The agency answered the questions that the immigration officer is doubtful of. Like the employment prospects, we said that a medical technologist career does not always end in the laboratory. It could be in the academe, pharmaceutical companies, environmental laboratories, research institutes and many more. We also explained that as a fresh graduate, it is already a big feat here in the Philippines to secure a job paying 14k basic salary and that it is understandable that as someone who has just started, the bank account is not that impressive. Regarding the travel history, the agency said that i have not broken any immigration laws in dubai or hongkong and neither have i sought employment illegally and that I have no plans of breaking any immigration laws in the future, and that I am a bonafied student and much more legal terms that I do not understand.

After 2 weeks and a day, i received an email from the CIC with a letter attached that my application for student and work permit has been approved. Yay! Sometimes, God is changing something in us bago nya ibigay. All in God's perfect timetable. God is good, God is great, God is the best. To all those waiting for their visas, I pray you receive yours soon. I hope my story is helpful to you. God bless.

Thirdy21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29 and June 24
File Transfer...
April 29, 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
May 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 10, 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon

Hi I just wanna ask, ano ung mga docs na kailangan dalhin? DO i have to have MMR shots?
My program has an optional Co-op program, should I tell that to the immigration officer para mabigyan ako ng coop permit?
Thanks

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@ hell911: Oh I forgot to mention, I'm in BC pala so magkaiba ang licensing :( But that's interesting to know! In my case, since wala pa akong 2 years na driving experience, I have to go through the entire graduated licensing program huhu I guess similar system rin with Ontario, tawag lang sa BC is L -> N -> Full license hehe thanks!

@ Thirdy21: Wow, that's a wonderful success story, happy that everything worked out for you :)

Re: Docs - I guess it depends on your POE and how nice the Immigration Officer is :)) Best to be prepared with everything you submitted to the Embassy when you applied at mahirap nang matanong ng hindi handa haha Although when I got my SP at YVR, super friendly nung IO and wala syang tinanong haha

Re: Vaccination - It also depends on your program I think. I've seen some programs in my school na entry requirement ang immunization. Better check with the school, but as far as CIC is concerned, wala akong nabasa na required siya. Plus, when you already have your MSP, you can avail of free vaccinations with your school infirmary :)

Re: Co-op - Since optional siya, again, talk with your school. Most likely meron kayong Placement Office or something, usually sila naghahandle niyan. You need their endorsement for the permit, I would think. I don't advise handling it at the airport o_O I'm sure it's a different application process.

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
@thirdy21... finally... =)
congrats... =)
God is so good... =)

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
Jewelz said:
I already have three kids na... :) oo nga, push lng ng push! Balitaan mo ko sa application mo ha. Hehe paperbased ka rin ba o nagonline ka?
im not sure sis eh.. kase i applied thru agency..

Thirdy21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29 and June 24
File Transfer...
April 29, 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
May 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 10, 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Humdrumdum thank you so much. Ano airlines nyo ppunta?

businessgirl2014

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Request
22-09-2014
Thirdy21 said:

Hi everyone,

I just wanna share my experience regarding the application. First, here is my profile

BS Medical Technology Graduate Cum Laude
Funds of 1.3 Million pesos - parents bank account
IELTS - 8
car and land titles

6 days after the submission of my medical results to the embassy, I received an email that my passport has been dispatched and my application has been finalized. The next day I received my passport without any visa. My application was denied with the following reasons:

Financial Capabilities
Employment Prospects and status
Travel History

I was heartbroken, but I did not succumbed into self-pity. I reapplied with my agency and they wrote a very good SOP which sounds very technical and as it it was written by a lawyer. I applied on June 24 and here is my new profile:

BS medical technology cum laude
Funds of 2.4 million pesos
Tuition payment of 3600 CAD
Own bank account with 100k
IELTS - 8
car and land titles

The agency answered the questions that the immigration officer is doubtful of. Like the employment prospects, we said that a medical technologist career does not always end in the laboratory. It could be in the academe, pharmaceutical companies, environmental laboratories, research institutes and many more. We also explained that as a fresh graduate, it is already a big feat here in the Philippines to secure a job paying 14k basic salary and that it is understandable that as someone who has just started, the bank account is not that impressive. Regarding the travel history, the agency said that i have not broken any immigration laws in dubai or hongkong and neither have i sought employment illegally and that I have no plans of breaking any immigration laws in the future, and that I am a bonafied student and much more legal terms that I do not understand.

After 2 weeks and a day, i received an email from the CIC with a letter attached that my application for student and work permit has been approved. Yay! Sometimes, God is changing something in us bago nya ibigay. All in God's perfect timetable. God is good, God is great, God is the best. To all those waiting for their visas, I pray you receive yours soon. I hope my story is helpful to you. God bless.
wow!! nakaka inspire naman!! thanks for sharing!! thanks for giving us hope.. much appreciated. :) God bless you too!

jaydee_de_laza

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
|victoria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

4 days after my application was lodged, I received a medical request today, medyo unexpected in just less than a week.
Ask ko lang po if saan maganda for medical?
Please include the office hours po.
Salamat!

Godbless us all!

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
jaydee_de_laza said:
Hello guys,

4 days after my application was lodged, I received a medical request today, medyo unexpected in just less than a week.
Salamat!

Godbless us all!
ei I just did my upfront medical yesterday sa SLEC Ermita... 7am pa lang andun na ko and natapos ako around 1030am but they asked me to return at 130pm for my xray results... then nung pagbalik ko ok na daw ung xray ko then immunization interview... past 3pm na yata ko nakaalis ng clinic... then sabi nila follow up call na lang daw regarding sa status ng medical ko if nasubmit na nila sa CIC...

I just followed guikegod1 advise na wag pumunta dun ng Monday and Tuesday... so far wala naman masyadong tao yesterday... kc #5 ako pagdating ko dun... =)

Goodluck to all of us... =)

Jewelz

Jun 18, 2014
jaydee_de_laza said:
Hello guys,

Salamat!

Godbless us all!

Hi! Kelan ka po nagfile? Paperbased ka po ba or online?

jaydee_de_laza

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
|victoria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, so sa slec ermita nalang din ako.
Ano po tinatanong sa immunization? Wala na kasi akong record nun e.

@jewelz
Paper based po, july 7 nasubmit sa vfs then july 8 naforward sa CEM.