+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
jaydee_de_laza said:
Thank you, so sa slec ermita nalang din ako.
Ano po tinatanong sa immunization? Wala na kasi akong record nun e.

@ jewelz
Paper based po, july 7 nasubmit sa vfs then july 8 naforward sa CEM.
ask lang nila if may MMR vaccine ka na then they will suggest to have it there in SLEC kasi required daw un sa POE... then you need to pay an additional of 1300 plus 495 for female applicants because of you need to have pregnancy test before ka nila mabigyan ng MMR vaccine... bibigyan ka rin naman nila ng certificate after... =)

Jewelz

Jun 18, 2014
jaydee_de_laza said:
Thank you, so sa slec ermita nalang din ako.
Ano po tinatanong sa immunization? Wala na kasi akong record nun e.

@ jewelz
Paper based po, july 7 nasubmit sa vfs then july 8 naforward sa CEM.
Paperbased rin po kc ako. Pinick up yung docs nung july 10, do u know kelan nila marereceive yun? Hehe thanks po

jaydee_de_laza

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
|victoria
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually makikita po sa tracking. Sa akin the following day sya nadeliver.
Check with your courier po.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
hell911 said:
@ humdrumdum

mron na ako G1 license, question and answer lang nmn un, 38/40 nakuha ko, 3 hours of study.
nung nakuha ko ung G1 license, sabi nung tauhan sa serviceontario na pwede ako mag skip ng G2 test at pwede n ako mag test para sa full G license (highway driving), dahil may driving experience na ako sa philippines. kailangan mo ipakita ang philippines driving license and certificate para pwede ka rin mag skip ng G2 test. :)

----------------------------------------------------------
@ frustratedcanadian

hindi ba saturated ang accounting field sa canada?
My degree here is Financial Mgmt so I decided to push through with Accounting nalang kasi sabi nila kailangan related sa course mo dito yung ittake mo doon. I have no idea how saturated is the acctg field in canada though

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
Thirdy21 said:

Hi everyone,

I just wanna share my experience regarding the application. First, here is my profile

BS Medical Technology Graduate Cum Laude
Funds of 1.3 Million pesos - parents bank account
1 year work experience - 14k per month
IELTS - 8
car and land titles
program is Advanced Biotechnology 3 years
Passport stamp in HK and Dubai

6 days after the submission of my medical results to the embassy, I received an email that my passport has been dispatched and my application has been finalized. The next day I received my passport without any visa. My application was denied with the following reasons:

Financial Capabilities
Employment Prospects and status
Travel History

I was heartbroken, but I did not succumbed into self-pity. I reapplied with my agency and they wrote a very good SOP which sounds very technical and as it it was written by a lawyer. I applied on June 24 and here is my new profile:

BS medical technology cum laude
Funds of 2.4 million pesos
Tuition payment of 3600 CAD
Own bank account with 100k
1 year work experience - 14k per month
IELTS - 8
car and land titles
program is Advanced Biotechnology 3 years
Passport stamp in HK and Dubai

The agency answered the questions that the immigration officer is doubtful of. Like the employment prospects, we said that a medical technologist career does not always end in the laboratory. It could be in the academe, pharmaceutical companies, environmental laboratories, research institutes and many more. We also explained that as a fresh graduate, it is already a big feat here in the Philippines to secure a job paying 14k basic salary and that it is understandable that as someone who has just started, the bank account is not that impressive. Regarding the travel history, the agency said that i have not broken any immigration laws in dubai or hongkong and neither have i sought employment illegally and that I have no plans of breaking any immigration laws in the future, and that I am a bonafied student and much more legal terms that I do not understand.

After 2 weeks and a day, i received an email from the CIC with a letter attached that my application for student and work permit has been approved. Yay! Sometimes, God is changing something in us bago nya ibigay. All in God's perfect timetable. God is good, God is great, God is the best. To all those waiting for their visas, I pray you receive yours soon. I hope my story is helpful to you. God bless.
God is good! Your profile is really inspiring..

Tanong ko lang po, how you explain the sudden increase in your bank balance and its source? Minsan po kasi naq-question yun sa ibang applicants..

Thanks!

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Hi guys! I just passed my IELTS exam and now am seriously on the way to getting a student visa! This is it!
I'm already choosing which college to go to. Is it okay to choose a course with co-op? Cause I read here before that mas mahirap pag yung course may coop work due to complications sa student permit.

Would appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance!

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

does anyone know how long does it take for CIC, Manila to make a decision after we submit our PCC's? My wife and I submitted our PCC's on 7th July. It's been a week and we are worried. Can any one tell if there's a probability of a rejection even after submitting PCC's? We submitted our application on 14th april 2014 and received the medical request the next day. After submitting the medical, we received the PCC request on 14th May ( 1 month later and it took us almost 2 months to get our certs). We've applied from Japan.

Thanks for reading.

FrankJ

Feb 4, 2014
Korea
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2014
Doc's Request.
01-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront medicals
Hi people, I would like to know if anybody here have heard of anybody with valid Temporary Visitor's visa ever been rejected for student visa.
I have a 10 years TRV that will expire in 2023 and am planing to submit an application for a Student permit this month in Manila. Does anyone know if TRV put me in a better position.
Thanks in advance

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
jaydee_de_laza said:
Hello,

May test po ba for eyesight
Sa medical exam?
Thanks in advance
just to share my experience at SLEC-Manila...

I arrived around 7am... pinataas ako sa 3rd flr Canada Reception then kumuha ako ng number tapos pinagfill-up ko ng form... after nun photo encoding... pinataas ako ng 5thflr (cashier)... I paid P5250... then bumaba ako ng 3rdflr for xray test... 4thflr for urine and blood test... 5th floor for BP and visual acuity... after nun naghintay ako ng medyo matagal for medical examintation tapos nun medyo naghintay ulit me ng konti tapos tinawag na ko sa 5thflr Canada Reception... they asked me to pay additional P2765 for additional test due to my ear piercing... natapos ako ng mga past 10am then they advised me to come back at 130pm sa 3rdflr for my xray results... pagbalik ko dun tinawag na ko and sinabi na ok na daw ung medical results ko wala naman daw problem... =) but still they instructed me to go down at 2ndflr for immunization interview... medyo mabilis rin lang... tinanong lang ako ng doctor if I want to have my MMR vaccine at their clinic kasi required na daw ung sa POE ng Canada... so ayun additonal 1795 again (P1300 for MMR vaccine and P495 for pregnancy test <female applicants>) after nun binigyan na ko ng MMR certificate... past 3pm tapos na ko... then sabi magfollow-up na lang ako if naforward na daw sa CIC ung medical results ko...

hope this helps... =)

mjessie

Jul 9, 2011
Jewelz said:
Paperbased rin po kc ako. Pinick up yung docs nung july 10, do u know kelan nila marereceive yun? Hehe thanks po
sa next working day po ate jewelz. we applied on the same date. :)