+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

Jewelz

Jun 18, 2014
jaydee_de_laza said:
Hi dbc, where is your point of entry?

Heres my timeline
Application filed: july 5,2014
Waiting..
Waitng..
Hi i am abt to apply also this week by my agency. Saan po school nyu? ;) im kinda worried kc sa application ko. I have no working experience since housewife lng ako almost 2 years na since i graduated.. Ikaw po, may i know your profile if u dont mind me asking? ;) ty in advance

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi all! It's been a while :) I'm back in the Philippines (grabe na talaga ang init, pati ang traffic haha)! Won't be back in Canada until August though :/ I miss the ease of transport back in BC, hindi na ako makaalis sa bahay these days haha

Btw, to those who want to open a bank account even before landing in Canada, you can do it online with Scotiabank. I wasn't able to do this because I only got my Student TRV 2 weeks before I landed, and I was already too late when I found out. You can check it out here: http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,6194,00.html

Scotiabank is okay, I chose them for the Scene card :D (I love movies!) Although BMO has good deals with their SPC credit card, and if you like going to concerts, there are exclusive deals with TD.

Anyway, let me know if there's something I can help you with :)

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Hi for the proof of funds okay lang po ba na 1 month lang nka standby yung show money ko pero yung sa parents ko na bank account kung swan galing yung money 4 months plus. and constant yung monthly na pag pasok salary. will that be okay?

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Hi,

for those who applied online for student visa.. kailangan po ba mg apply separately ng temporary resident visa? nakita ko kasi sa online checklist ko wala yung form?

so i wanted to ask how.

Thanks

elyxandria

Apr 22, 2014
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
CIO - NS
App. Filed.......
24/03/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
(Upfront)
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time... =)
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
jaydee_de_laza said:
Hello, sa mga nag pa advanced medical exam prior to submission to Cem, ano po requirements because im planning to do upfront medical this june. Thank u very much.
@jaydee_de_laza
ei ask ko lang sana if natuloy ka magpa upfront medical... and if ever po san ka nagpamedical? thanks in advance... =)

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
humdrumdum said:
Hi all! It's been a while :) I'm back in the Philippines (grabe na talaga ang init, pati ang traffic haha)! Won't be back in Canada until August though :/ I miss the ease of transport back in BC, hindi na ako makaalis sa bahay these days haha

Btw, to those who want to open a bank account even before landing in Canada, you can do it online with Scotiabank. I wasn't able to do this because I only got my Student TRV 2 weeks before I landed, and I was already too late when I found out. You can check it out here: http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,6194,00.html

Scotiabank is okay, I chose them for the Scene card :D (I love movies!) Although BMO has good deals with their SPC credit card, and if you like going to concerts, there are exclusive deals with TD.

Maganda rin sa scotiabank debit card ang unlimited transactions, sa TD 50 lang e. Bumalik din ako sa pinas last may after 8 months ng study, medyo weird ang feeling, pawis agad pag labas ng airport tapos reckless driving haha.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
humdrumdum said:

Hi! Were you issued pgwp already? Sayang naman i waa hoping we would bump into each other at BCIT.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
dbc said:
Hi everyone! iamvenus how are you doing there? Looks like you're well adjusted now:) anyway, I did your advise, placed all in a clear book, we arrived last night and everything went better than expected:) Well except for the long queue at immigration. The IO didn't ask anything, she's very accommodating. :)
Hi sis! Kaya pala you weren't replying na hehe. Btw, did you get your mmr done before you left?

dk101

Jul 29, 2013
hello everyone! meron ako question.. kailangan ba na latest month bank statement ipasa? if i submit ngayong July, as of May ang meron ako.. Should I ask for a new one?

Thank you!

Jul 6, 2014
Good day every all! Im new here and just like everyone, I would like to apply for Study Permit in Canada. Just habe some things that I need clarified as well po:

1. We already had medicals with SLEC but for our student visa application in Australia. To cut the story short, we were not granted due to insufficient funds. Would we still need to undergo another medical examination for our student permit application to Canada?

2. For the proof of funds, we currently have a peso bank account at UCPB, do we need to open a CAD account and transfer all our pesos there?

3. Can we also use properties which are under my wife's name as proof of funds? How about our parent's properties and business?

I hope somebody can attend to my questions po. I am waiting for my LO from my Uni and trying to beat the Sept intake deadline talaga e.

Thanks guys and goosluck sa lahat. We pray na lahat would get positive results!

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
I'm glad you're finally in Canada! Wooohooo! :) Adjusted in terms of transportation pa lang pero sa weather, NO. Hahaha! Buti nalang wala siyang tanong. Feeling ko kasi bago yung IO naghandle sa akin kasi tanong siya ng tanong sa katabi niya na IO about Co-Op, etc. Anyhow, I wish you well in.. Toronto ba? :)

dk101

Jul 29, 2013
thatCAdream0323 said:
Good day every all! Im new here and just like everyone, I would like to apply for Study Permit in Canada. Just habe some things that I need clarified as well po:

1. We already had medicals with SLEC but for our student visa application in Australia. To cut the story short, we were not granted due to insufficient funds. Would we still need to undergo another medical examination for our student permit application to Canada?

2. For the proof of funds, we currently have a peso bank account at UCPB, do we need to open a CAD account and transfer all our pesos there?

3. Can we also use properties which are under my wife's name as proof of funds? How about our parent's properties and business?

I hope somebody can attend to my questions po. I am waiting for my LO from my Uni and trying to beat the Sept intake deadline talaga e.

Thanks guys and goosluck sa lahat. We pray na lahat would get positive results!
hello! i think new medicals ang kailangan pero i'm not sure.. it's okay to use your peso bank account as long as active siya for the past four months at least and enough ung balance for the required proof of funds.. properties di ako masyado sure it's more of assurance that you're coming back to the philippines rather than as proof of funds eh..

I'm also trying for the Sept intake. :)

Jul 6, 2014
dk101 said:
hello! i think new medicals ang kailangan pero i'm not sure.. it's okay to use your peso bank account as long as active siya for the past four months at least and enough ung balance for the required proof of funds.. properties di ako masyado sure it's more of assurance that you're coming back to the philippines rather than as proof of funds eh..

I'm also trying for the Sept intake. :)
Thanks for the response po. Any idea if a back to back loan can be used? Can my Bro in law sponsor us as well ba? I spoke to him yesterday and he told us he is willing to help us with the accomodation.

dbc

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/03/2016
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
frustratedcanadian said:
Hi sis! Kaya pala you weren't replying na hehe. Btw, did you get your mmr done before you left?
Hi! Yup we did, but they didn't ask for it:) mainit rin dito, when I go out ako lang ang nakapayong hahaha...

dbc

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/03/2016
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 2016
iamvenus said:
I'm glad you're finally in Canada! Wooohooo! :) Adjusted in terms of transportation pa lang pero sa weather, NO. Hahaha! Buti nalang wala siyang tanong. Feeling ko kasi bago yung IO naghandle sa akin kasi tanong siya ng tanong sa katabi niya na IO about Co-Op, etc. Anyhow, I wish you well in.. Toronto ba? :)
Yes Toronto, weather here is humid, and the sun still shines at 8pm, really! What about in van city? You are in Vancouver right? In your study permit, was it stated there that you can work too? Anyway, I will pm you nlang about this:)