+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Sir @rogelcorral, when you applied for PGWP, do you still have a valid visa? Or just a valid study permit? I extended po kasi my permit already and it will cover the duration of the rest of my studies. But I was told that I didn't need to renew my visa, unless I plan on leaving Canada and returning, since it's only used for re-entry.

Napaisip lang ako, if needed yung valid visa while applying for PGWP. Para ma renew din namin before applying for PGWP.
Yes, kabayan, valid pa ang visa ko nung mag apply ako ng PGWP. Nag expire two months after ako mag apply at habang implied status. Pero hindi na kelangan ng visa sa pag apply ng PGWP, unless nga na kelangan mo mag travel outside Canada. Mag aaply pa lang ako ng bagong TRV pero pagkatapos na nitong pandemic. mahirap pa din naman lumabas sa panahon ngayon. Ang mahalaga lang may valid status ka to remain in Canada.

Reactions: noelvictoria

myze

Apr 8, 2021
Hi po ulit, anyone here who had to complete form imm5257b_1 form? For the travel history, did include all travels you've had even if it's less than 6 months? like leisure travels?

sureshK001

Apr 15, 2021
Hi po ulit, anyone here who had to complete form imm5257b_1 form? For the travel history, did include all travels you've had even if it's less than 6 months? like leisure travels?
sakin po tig 2weeks lang yung mga travel ko, lahat leisure lang pero nilagay ko pa din po.

Reactions: myze

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Hi dear friends. My file was lost or dead in the Manila Visa office after 11 months from my application (July 2020). Do you know any phone number to call them? I tried +63 2 8857 9000 and but I do not know the extension to enter? Is there any other phone number? Please help me in this case. This is urgent.

Last edited:

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi dear friends. My file was lost or dead in the Manila Visa office after 11 from my application (July 2020). Do you know any phone number to call them? I tried +63 2 8857 9000 and but I do not know the extension to enter? Is there any other phone number? Please help me in this case. This is urgent.
Did you link your application to your gckey?

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Did you link your application to your gckey?
Yes. I applied online from Japan. My file stucked in Manila office. However. they did not respond my emails and even a note written by the Ottawa IRCC office on my file. Do you know a phone number to call them and ask? Do you what extension should be entered over a phone call?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Yes. I applied online from Japan. My file stucked in Manila office. However. they did not respond my emails and even a note written by the Ottawa IRCC office on my file. Do you know a phone number to call them and ask? Do you what extension should be entered over a phone call?
Sorry, I don’t know the number. Have you raised a webform inquiry?

Reactions: eo93

myze

Apr 8, 2021
Hi po, received my BIL po today, but due to travel restrictions I can't immediately go to manila. According po sa letter I have 90 days or August to give my biometrics pero sa immigration website the notice said to submit biometrics within 30 days ng letter. Do you think there'd be any problem with my application if I submit my biometrics by August before the deadline stated sa BIL?

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
Sorry, I don’t know the number. Have you raised a webform inquiry?
Yes. I raised webforms several times, but I just got some generic responses. That's all. Actually, my admission and project were canceled. I do not know why they do not even withdraw that application. This is so embarrassing. Manila office is the worst IRCC office.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Yes. I raised webforms several times, but I just got some generic responses. That's all. Actually, my admission and project were canceled. I do not know why they do not even withdraw that application. This is so embarrassing. Manila office is the worst IRCC office.
I can feel your frustration. Manila office is actually one of the best IRCC processing offices, with high approval rate. Are you a Philippine citizen/resident? What were the responses in your webform inquiries?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi po, received my BIL po today, but due to travel restrictions I can't immediately go to manila. According po sa letter I have 90 days or August to give my biometrics pero sa immigration website the notice said to submit biometrics within 30 days ng letter. Do you think there'd be any problem with my application if I submit my biometrics by August before the deadline stated sa BIL?
Should not be a problem po. But to be sure, raise a webform and explain the situation that due to lockdowns, you cannot travel to Manila to do the biometrics.

Reactions: myze

eo93

Star Member
Oct 12, 2020
I can feel your frustration. Manila office is actually one of the best IRCC processing offices, with high approval rate. Are you a Philippine citizen/resident? What were the responses in your webform inquiries?
Maybe, bro. However, this is not true about my application. I live in Japan. Requests from some other countries like Japan and Korea are processing in the Manila office. Anyway, I request to withdraw my application 3 months ago and CIC sent a note to the Manila office to make a decision. But, there is no response yet!!!!! This is very very frustrating. You know, first I applied for a study permit last year July and got AIP shortly. Then, there is no update. My project and fund were canceled after this long delay. Then, I decided to withdraw my application. But again they do not respond. They did not answer my emails and webforms properly. They just sent some generic automated responses about the effect of the pandemic on processing times. That's all. This kind of mess is unbelievable.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Maybe, bro. However, this is not true about my application. I live in Japan. Requests from some other countries like Japan and Korea are processing in the Manila office. Anyway, I request to withdraw my application 3 months ago and CIC sent a note to the Manila office to make a decision. But, there is no response yet!!!!! This is very very frustrating. You know, first I applied for a study permit last year July and got AIP shortly. Then, there is no update. My project and fund were canceled after this long delay. Then, I decided to withdraw my application. But again they do not respond. They did not answer my emails and webforms properly. They just sent some generic automated responses about the effect of the pandemic on processing times. That's all. This kind of mess is unbelievable.
TBH, I am surprised that other Asian countries, with better standing in the geopolitical arena, would be processed in the Philippines, which usually gets the last seat in terms of international politics.

But, as far as I know, even local applicants are experiencing delays in their applications. Some do get processed more quickly, but they are the exceptions rather than the rule.