+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Hi po. Mag ask lang po ako ng advice re my application. Nakapag apply kasi ask student visa 8 times, pero laging refused due to purpose of visit saga studies not reasonable. Ask ko po if ok lang po ba mag-apply uli or hindi na? Thanks!

PDA_1201

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi po. Mag ask lang po ako ng advice re my application. Nakapag apply kasi ask student visa 8 times, pero laging refused due to purpose of visit saga studies not reasonable. Ask ko po if ok lang po ba mag-apply uli or hindi na? Thanks!
Please share your profile

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Please share your profile
40 years old w spouse and child, graduate BS Comm Technology 2002, Content Writer. Nagtry ako mag apply maraming beses for Grad Cert (Advertising, Marketing, Technical Comm) pero lagi pong refused. Inexplain ko naman po sa SOP ko na hindi ko po nakag aaralan yung program na kukunin ko and nilist ko subjects and prospects ko, and na may assets ako dito pinas, saka family na babalikan pero ayaw po talaga nila iapprove

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
40 years old w spouse and child, graduate BS Comm Technology 2002, Content Writer. Nagtry ako mag apply maraming beses for Grad Cert (Advertising, Marketing, Technical Comm) pero lagi pong refused. Inexplain ko naman po sa SOP ko na hindi ko po nakag aaralan yung program na kukunin ko and nilist ko subjects and prospects ko, and na may assets ako dito pinas, saka family na babalikan pero ayaw po talaga nila iapprove
Kabayan, paano mo po ni-relate ang content writing sa intended program mo sa SOP mo? Ano po nilagay mo na job prospects or career progression pag uwi ng home country?

Dorabach

Star Member
Jun 2, 2021
Hi. Pareho tayo pero once lang ako refused. nag reapply uli ako. kontakin ako sa FB messenger.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Kabayan, paano mo po ni-relate ang content writing sa intended program mo sa SOP mo? Ano po nilagay mo na job prospects or career progression pag uwi ng home country?
Hi Sir, inexplainable ko po na Technical Comm is different from the type of writing that I do which is regular comm, and the program also has subjects like web design graphic design, etc na hindi ko pa nakukuha, and I want to learn them kasi I want to adapt to the times and be employable for a technical writer job which has salary of around P70k up. Right now kasi kulang credentials ko to be tech writer. Tapos eventually magtatayo ako sariling business I the future pam established na ako. Right now din po kasi average lang yung salary ko (nagrerely lang ako sa funds ng parents ko for sponsorship) and taking up tech comm program from Canada, which is one of the premier education destinations in the world, would help me greatly in my career. Nilist kong prospects Tech Writer, IT Manager, etc po. Iniisip ko dahil marami na ako refusal, baka hindi na po convincing reasoning ko.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi Sir, inexplainable ko po na Technical Comm is different from the type of writing that I do which is regular comm, and the program also has subjects like web design graphic design, etc na hindi ko pa nakukuha, and I want to learn them kasi I want to adapt to the times and be employable for a technical writer job which has salary of around P70k up. Right now kasi kulang credentials ko to be tech writer. Tapos eventually magtatayo ako sariling business I the future pam established na ako. Right now din po kasi average lang yung salary ko (nagrerely lang ako sa funds ng parents ko for sponsorship) and taking up tech comm program from Canada, which is one of the premier education destinations in the world, would help me greatly in my career. Nilist kong prospects Tech Writer, IT Manager, etc po. Iniisip ko dahil marami na ako refusal, baka hindi na po convincing reasoning ko.
Higher chance po ng refusal if marami nang prior refusals, but not entirely impossible to get approved (approval/refusal rests on VO alone). I think your previous refusals were because the VO was not convinced on how your intended program relates to your work experience or previous educational background. If you can work on your SOP to connect your intended program to your current work experience, and provide information on how that program would lead to career progression, that could sway the VO’s decision to favor your application.

My program was entirely different from my degree back in the Philippines. However, my work experiences were related to the program I took up here (IT). I was approved even though my program was lower (college diploma) than my previous degree in the Philippines (Aeronautical Engineering).

You can try reapplying again, just prepare a strong SOP and prove home ties. Best wishes to your future plans.

eagerly

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Higher chance po ng refusal if marami nang prior refusals, but not entirely impossible to get approved (approval/refusal rests on VO alone). I think your previous refusals were because the VO was not convinced on how your intended program relates to your work experience or previous educational background. If you can work on your SOP to connect your intended program to your current work experience, and provide information on how that program would lead to career progression, that could sway the VO’s decision to favor your application.

My program was entirely different from my degree back in the Philippines. However, my work experiences were related to the program I took up here (IT). I was approved even though my program was lower (college diploma) than my previous degree in the Philippines (Aeronautical Engineering).

You can try reapplying again, just prepare a strong SOP and prove home ties. Best wishes to your future plans.
Yes Sir, I understand po. Pero sobra na rin pong frustrating because 8th time ko na rin po marefuse, and I 've done sobra na rin pong mga revisions about connecting my plan sa SOP. I even had it checked na po and hired consultants twice na rin, and even secured rehire letters pero to no avail po. :(

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Yes Sir, I understand po. Pero sobra na rin pong frustrating because 8th time ko na rin po marefuse, and I 've done sobra na rin pong mga revisions about connecting my plan sa SOP. I even had it checked na po and hired consultants twice na rin, and even secured rehire letters pero to no avail po. :(
Hello ulit kabayan, I can feel your frustrations... Sino po consultant mo? Check mo po ang Fortrust, wala po bayad assessment nila (pero di po ako gumamit ng consultant, diy lang po ako).

PDA_1201

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi, anyone who has travelled from the Philippines with spouse? Does my husband need an authorization letter from IRCC? Because I worry that he will be denied entry at the border if they deem his visit is non-essential.