+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got 'One year graduate study' in WES Report?

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
oasis.gc1 said:
Hi

I spoke to CIC today for the ECA part today. I have ECA from WES that has Bachelors equivalency + one year graduate study in it.

The Agent said that the situation is unique and recommended that I raise the query with CIC, so I can have an authenticated reply. I have sent my query to CIC and will keep you guys posted too. However, I believe all of us (who have the same issue) can also raise query and share the outpue.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.211057813.1890952024.1432133507

You can go to the above mentioned link and register your query, lets wait for some authenticated reply.

Cheers
Oasis as mentioned in my previous post I have selected bachelors degree in my EE profile and have been scored as follows:

Level of Education - 120 (with spouse)
Skill transferability factors:
Post-secondary program credential of one year or longer - 25 (Points for CLB 9 or more on all four first official language abilities)

I have already raised this query with both WES and CIC...whether we can consider 'one year of graduate study' as study towards masters or it is equivalent to nothing! So far have not heard from either...will update on the forum if I get to know something.

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi Sita1987,

Thank you for sharing your details. I will also opt for EE now. I also have the same words in my ECA as mentioned by you. I will keep the forum posted if I hear back anything from CIC. WES has responded to me that they will look into it, but I do not expect anything much positive from them.

Cheers

kaizadhans

Star Member
Jun 27, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20/04/2016
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
If anyone hears back from WES then kindly reply here...

skyliner4u

Aug 4, 2014
Nothing as such yet. File under review but original received.

On CIC too, they are still reviewing.

Let's hope for the best.

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Awaiting for the response. I told them to move the equivalency from one year graduate study to study towards masters.

Lets see

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
oasis.gc1 said:
Awaiting for the response. I told them to move the equivalency from one year graduate study to study towards masters.

Lets see
All the best to you Oasis but I really doubt WES will heed to your request! They explicitly replied to my mail that they do not consider Bachelors (3 years) + Masters (2 years) from India as masters! They stated various reasons like length of study, rigour of courses etc. etc. I then tried assessing masters from various universities in India on their free assessment tool...in all cases it was equivalent to one year graduate study. Only in cases where you enter B Tech (4 years) + M tech or MSc (2 years) it assesses it as masters.
So really bleak hope for masters. But I am at least hoping it is counted as study towards masters, which can give us some extra points.

jchristina

Jul 23, 2015
Guys...Please help me...

My WES report summary is "Bachelor's degree (four years) and Bachelor of Education"

Can I choose the option "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" in express entry?

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
jchristina said:
Guys...Please help me...

My WES report summary is "Bachelor's degree (four years) and Bachelor of Education"

Can I choose the option "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" in express entry?
If this is the exact wording in the summary column of your ECA you can select "two or more post-secondary.." Congratulations on a positive ECA report!

But if you are doubtful..please share your entire ECA report wording as it is...just to make 100% sure you are making the right choice

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
jchristina said:
Guys...Please help me...

YES you can. Good Luck.

jchristina

Jul 23, 2015
Thanks Guys for the fast reply.

Please find my complete report

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and Bachelor of Education

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2010
Awarded by: University of Kerala
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: English Language and Literature
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2012
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

3. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Education
Year: 2013
Major/Specialization: English Education
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor of Education

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
jchristina said:
Thanks Guys for the fast reply.

Please find my complete report

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and Bachelor of Education

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2010
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2012
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

3. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Education
Year: 2013
Major/Specialization: English Education
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor of Education
Looks like you can choose "two or more post-secondary..." option. Just see this link also for more clarity http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/eca_table_en.pdf

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hey guys,

Has anyone tried opting for two or more degrees in EE when one is given bachelor's equivalency for one degree and one-year graduate study for the Masters?

I mean what happens if we opt for two degrees, receive invite and CIC feels that it is not upto the mark... I understand that we do not receive PR just because we choose, but does it affect our chance of applying again?

Thanks

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
kaizadhans said:
If anyone hears back from WES then kindly reply here...
I heard back from WES and they mentioned that they can not change my bachelors equivalency to masters. I have 3 years bachelors and 2 years masters.

I have asked them to move one year graduate study to study towards masters. Lets see what happens. Did any one try this before with WES???

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
oasis.gc1 said:
I heard back from WES and they mentioned that they can not change my bachelors equivalency to masters. I have 3 years bachelors and 2 years masters.

I have asked them to move one year graduate study to study towards masters. Lets see what happens. Did any one try this before with WES???
I knew Oasis that WES is not going to change our equivalency certs. I asked them if not change it atleast to clarify what 'One year graduate study' means whether it is the same as study towards masters or it is nothing. They replied back after 2 weeks that for CIC immigration related information I should refer to the CIC website!!
CIC has not replied to my query yet, I don't know if they ever will.. So for now I have chosen only bachelors degree in my EE profile. As advised by many seniors on this forum it is highly risky choosing two or more post secondary degrees with an ECA such as ours.

If anyone else hears from CIC or WES please let us know in the forum

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi All,

Initially WES evaluation for my Bachelors . and after two months now , evaluated my Masters .
So my upgraded WES says "Bachelors ( 4 yrs) and Master's degree" .

1)In the upgraded report , not able to see the ECA # . When i called WES they said the upgrade is not specific to CIC . It is generic one . Only the report specific to CIC will have the ECA # . So they asked me to apply for a duplicate copy for CIC .

2)My report has name issue . Last name is incorrect . i am struggling to get that also corrected from WES .

Please guys .. if anyone has similar exp , please post here to give me a positive wave.