+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got 'One year graduate study' in WES Report?

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi All,

Initially WES evaluation for my Bachelors . and after two months now , evaluated my Masters .
So my upgraded WES says "Bachelors ( 4 yrs) and Master's degree" .

1)In the upgraded report , not able to see the ECA # . When i called WES they said the upgrade is not specific to CIC . It is generic one . Only the report specific to CIC will have the ECA # . So they asked me to apply for a duplicate copy for CIC .

2)My report has name issue . Last name is incorrect . i am struggling to get that also corrected from WES .

Please guys .. if anyone has similar exp , please post here to give me a positive wave.
Hi sraj07,
congrats to you for getting your degree evaluated as Master.
But what is standard format of ECA? Is it not considered valid for CIC??

Also,pls can you share your bachelors and masters degree stream..?? such as BSc and MSc or BCom and MCom.

and what was the reason that WES changed your ECA to masters degree?
Have you written a mail or highlighted superiority of your masters education or something else??
pls share it here, so that it can also help many other applicants to get a better idea of ECA done by WES.

PR1988

Jul 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have cleared all 3 levels of CFA and expecting to get CFA charter once I complete 4 years workex (Sept 2015). Does WES assess credentials for CFA?

Has anyone on this forum got CFA credential assessed?

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Munjal

1) Education History
---------------------
Bachelor's :- B.E (4 yrs) Computer science
Master's :- MBA (Distance mode) Finance - 2 yrs (Please don't ask me how computers and finance are related :) )

So my Canadian equivalence is Bachelors (4 yrs) and Master's Degree

2) WES will evaluate the degree to Canadian terms , No matter what is the purpose of evaluation whether job,education,CIC , your degree evaluation doesnot change . Report specific to CIC will have report number as xxxxIMM and standard report (non CIC ) will have report number as xxxx.

So if you completed 4 yrs bachelors and 2 yr master , then it is evaluated as Master's by WES . If you have done 3 yrs Bachelors and 2 yrs Master's ( for eg Bsc, Msc) then it is equal to 4 yr bachelors in Canada .

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi Guys ,

Its me again. Good news WES corrected my name in the certificate and provided me with the report specific to CIC now . I struggled for all this for a week . I spent extra 60 USD to get the duplicate report .

Thanks to Sita and others who helped me ..

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
Hi Munjal

1) Education History
---------------------
Bachelor's :- B.E (4 yrs) Computer science
Master's :- MBA (Distance mode) Finance - 2 yrs (Please don't ask me how computers and finance are related :) )

So my Canadian equivalence is Bachelors (4 yrs) and Master's Degree

2) WES will evaluate the degree to Canadian terms , No matter what is the purpose of evaluation whether job,education,CIC , your degree evaluation doesnot change . Report specific to CIC will have report number as xxxxIMM and standard report (non CIC ) will have report number as xxxx.

So if you completed 4 yrs bachelors and 2 yr master , then it is evaluated as Master's by WES . If you have done 3 yrs Bachelors and 2 yrs Master's (for eg Bsc, Msc) then it is equal to 4 yr bachelors in Canada .
Hi sraj07,

it is good to see that WES is evaluating distance mode education and you got your ECA as masters degree.

Can you share, from which institute you did your MBA by distance mode?

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Unfortunate for all of us who have completed a masters degree in India. We produce many of the best researchers/engineers but still our degrees are not recognized.

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Do the marks obtained in degrees affect WES assessment?

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
forcanada said:
Do the marks obtained in degrees affect WES assessment?
No. It doesn't matter. All it requires the final degree for assessment.

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
karenn1617 said:
No. It doesn't matter. All it requires the final degree for assessment.
Thank you karenn. Now I can say that we are unlucky.

indianaspirant

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
Yes marks matter as only degrees with first division will be counted, this I read somewhere on the WES website, u can double check with them

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
indianaspirant said:
Yes marks matter as only degrees with first division will be counted, this I read somewhere on the WES website, u can double check with them
I read it too. I have First division in masters but Second division(below 55%) in bachelors. Does it mean that I would not get any assessment for post secondary study?
I have already created the profile on WES and added both the degrees. Awaiting for transcripts from the university.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indianaspirant said:
Hi,
Thank you for this info. :)

pls can you share the exact link on WES website where you read this info about ECA?

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Oasis.gc1 and Sita1987,

I have contacted WES several times and they are just sending same replies as you guys got. Twice they put my file on review and not explaining "One year of graduate study". Are you claiming points for Two or more... or just Bachelors?

Please let me know if you heard anything from WES or CIC.

Thanks,

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Faithope said:
Hi Oasis.gc1 and Sita1987,

I have contacted WES several times and they are just sending same replies as you guys got. Twice they put my file on review and not explaining "One year of graduate study". Are you claiming points for Two or more... or just Bachelors?

Please let me know if you heard anything from WES or CIC.

Thanks,
Hey Faithope

In fact my ECA also was put under review twice by WES but both times no change and the same standard reply.
I had sent a CSE to CIC a week back but again they gave a standard reply which was of no further help to me. Here I am sharing it with all forum members for your benefit:

Dear Client,

Candidates who have two or more post-secondary program credentials would earn points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for their highest level of education only. If the credentials are at the same level (e.g., two bachelor’s degrees), then candidates can select the appropriate level of education for “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” when completing their profile. CRS points for education are awarded only to those who have a Canadian credential or an educational credential assessment (ECA). Note that points will not be awarded to any educational program that is not completed or if no certificate, diploma or degree was awarded.

For example, a candidate with:

- a bachelor’s degree from a non-Canadian university and a master’s degree from a Canadian university should choose the Master’s level of education in their profile. An ECA is not required for the bachelor’s degree as no points will be awarded for that degree.
- a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the Master’s level of education. The master’s degree needs to have an ECA.
- a one-year post-secondary diploma and a four-year bachelor’s degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” level of education. Both the diploma and the degree need to have an ECA.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Applicant Information:-----
Enquiry:
Dear CIC, I am facing a unique issue with regard to my ECA conducted by WES. It has evaluated my masters in science program (full time 2 years course) in environmental studies as equivalent to "one year graduate study" in Canada. With this I am unable to choose either masters or "two or more post-secondary degrees" in my EE profile on mycic. Can I at least select "two or more post secondary degree option"? Both my bachelors and masters are from recognized university (as stated in my ECA report as well). Thanks

So you can see they clearly mention unless both the degrees are complete, as in our ECA states "degree" "diploma" or "certificate" we cannot unfortunately claim any points for it. This is beyond frustrating but alas I have lost hope now that anything can be done about it with WES or CIC.

Only option is getting your degrees evaluated by CES and see how that turns out to be. In case of Oasis.gc I know that he/she has got their degrees re-evaluated by CES and guess what their masters was evaluated as post-graduate diploma by CES. So now Oasis can claim points for "two or more.."
I am also thinking of getting my masters re-evaluated by CES but it seems like a daunting and long process :(

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
Hey Faithope

In fact my ECA also was put under review twice by WES but both times no change and the same standard reply.
I had sent a CSE to CIC a week back but again they gave a standard reply which was of no further help to me. Here I am sharing it with all forum members for your benefit:

Dear Client,

Candidates who have two or more post-secondary program credentials would earn points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for their highest level of education only. If the credentials are at the same level (e.g., two bachelor's degrees), then candidates can select the appropriate level of education for “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” when completing their profile. CRS points for education are awarded only to those who have a Canadian credential or an educational credential assessment (ECA). Note that points will not be awarded to any educational program that is not completed or if no certificate, diploma or degree was awarded.

For example, a candidate with:

- a bachelor's degree from a non-Canadian university and a master's degree from a Canadian university should choose the Master's level of education in their profile. An ECA is not required for the bachelor's degree as no points will be awarded for that degree.
- a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the Master's level of education. The master's degree needs to have an ECA.
- a one-year post-secondary diploma and a four-year bachelor's degree, both from non-Canadian universities, should choose the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” level of education. Both the diploma and the degree need to have an ECA.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada I Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

Applicant Information:-----
Enquiry:
Dear CIC, I am facing a unique issue with regard to my ECA conducted by WES. It has evaluated my masters in science program (full time 2 years course) in environmental studies as equivalent to "one year graduate study" in Canada. With this I am unable to choose either masters or "two or more post-secondary degrees" in my EE profile on mycic. Can I at least select "two or more post secondary degree option"? Both my bachelors and masters are from recognized university (as stated in my ECA report as well). Thanks

So you can see they clearly mention unless both the degrees are complete, as in our ECA states "degree" "diploma" or "certificate" we cannot unfortunately claim any points for it. This is beyond frustrating but alas I have lost hope now that anything can be done about it with WES or CIC.

Only option is getting your degrees evaluated by CES and see how that turns out to be. In case of Oasis.gc I know that he/she has got their degrees re-evaluated by CES and guess what their masters was evaluated as post-graduate diploma by CES. So now Oasis can claim points for "two or more.."
I am also thinking of getting my masters re-evaluated by CES but it seems like a daunting and long process :(
Hi Sita1987,

I think, do they mentioned here that in order to choose the “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” level of education, it is mandatory to do ECA for both the degree separately.

What does this mean??