+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got 'One year graduate study' in WES Report?

fkiddy12

Jul 23, 2013
Hi all,

For my M.Sc CS, WES assessed it as 'one year graduate study' as canadian equivalency. Also, I have B.Sc CS which is assessed as 'Bachelor's Degree (four years) by WES report in the report. How many points can i claim for this foreign education in my express entry profile?

Please help!!!

walesege

Jan 5, 2015
fkiddy12 said:
Hi all,

For my M.Sc CS, WES assessed it as 'one year graduate study' as canadian equivalency. Also, I have B.Sc CS which is assessed as 'Bachelor's Degree (four years) by WES report in the report. How many points can i claim for this foreign education in my express entry profile?

Please help!!!
Masters in Canada is typically 1 Year, you get max point for masters

mehta_hd

May 17, 2014
I have a similar situation. 4 year bachelors and my Master in Marketing ( 3 year part time ) is described as 1 year graduate study. Were you able to find out if you are entitled for 21 or 22 points?

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the WES report indicates "Years of study" and not a completed degree, it is to admissible. My WES report said I had many years of studies, but I was notified that It needed to indicate a complete program of education and not the equivalency in years. Did you finish the program?

mehta_hd

May 17, 2014
Yes Garj, I did complete. And it shows as recognized in canada. With the programme as marketing management ( but it says 1 year of graduate study for my 3 years part time masters in marketing management from university of mumbai ).

Thanks

ANXIOUS1

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am in a similar situation. I have a post graduate diploma in international studies and wes indicated that its equivalent to "one year graduate study"

I do not know if its equivalent to a Canadian Masters or what? So i do not know if to claim points as masters or bachelors level

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it's equal to a Canadian masters, the report will say so. If it doesn't, then it's not and you can't claim points for a masters.

simonawo

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
I have someone who sent only her MBA qualification to WES for evaluation. The expectation is that WES ECA report will be Canadian Masters however, my question is, since she did not send her Bachelors for evaluation, is it necessary she indicates details of her of her Bsc while filling her educational background on EE? Thank you

AG-Canada

Mar 30, 2015
Re: Anybody got 'Bachelor's degree (four years)' in WES Report?

Hi,

I did BCA and Msc IT but in my ECA report i got only Bachelor's degree (four years). So how much points i can claim?
If anyone knows then plz reply asap.

Thanks

AgentC

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
fkiddy12 said:
Hi all,

Please help!!!
I have done B.Tech (4-years) and post that full time 2 years MBA. I also received this 'One year graduate study' assessment. Unfortunately, as I understand, we cant claim points for Master's level. Correct me if I am wrong.

P.S: I have written to WES indicating this might be erroneous assessment because on CiC website they have clearly mentioned what all assessments a 2-year MBA degree can be awarded and 'One Year Post-Graduate study' doesn't appear in that list. I will keep you posted if I hear back anything from WES.

ajanoni

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Sao Paulo - SP
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016
Nomination.....
08-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-03-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2016
AgentC said:
I have done B.Tech (4-years) and post that full time 2 years MBA. I also received this 'One year graduate study' assessment. Unfortunately, as I understand, we cant claim points for Master's level. Correct me if I am wrong.

P.S: I have written to WES indicating this might be erroneous assessment because on CiC website they have clearly mentioned what all assessments a 2-year MBA degree can be awarded and 'One Year Post-Graduate study' doesn't appear in that list. I will keep you posted if I hear back anything from WES.
I am at the same situation. If I understand, "one year of graduate study" does not make any points because it must be written exactly as ECA table conversion to count.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkiddy12 said:
Hi all,

Please help!!!
Yes. My ECA also said I had the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree plus one year of graduate study. It's actually true, since I completed the first year of an MBA but not the second. I got points only for the Bachelor's degree, which is okay - it's their game and we have to play by their rules.

Caspper

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I have a different interpretation regarding that:

According to WES, Graduate means a Study or program undertaken after bachelor’s degree, usually in preparation for master’s degree or Ph.D. (doctorate).

And from the CIC website it is considered Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees:.

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Study Toward a Master's Degree
Isn't a One-year of graduate studies a Study Toward a Master's Degree ? I believe if you have a bachelor's degree you can claim more points if you have an ECA as One-year of graduate study as well.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caspper said:
Hey guys, I have a different interpretation regarding that:

According to WES, Graduate means a Study or program undertaken after bachelor's degree, usually in preparation for master's degree or Ph.D. (doctorate).

And from the CIC website it is considered Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees:.

Isn't a One-year of graduate studies a Study Toward a Master's Degree ? I believe if you have a bachelor's degree you can claim more points if you have an ECA as One-year of graduate study as well.
But in the EE application, as I remember, when asked for how ECA classified my education, there was no place for one year of graduate studies.