+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got 'One year graduate study' in WES Report?

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
skyliner4u said:
So what do they consider as Masters??

This is really annoying. After spending all money, Time, resources, Hard work we stuck at the point where Master is useless even after ECA (no matter from where it is being done). This way enthusiasts won't qualify in FSW and also suffers a lot on CRS. Not only that language (IELTS) itself takes 4-5 attempts to get the desired bands.

Has anybody in forum raised questions against it etc? or at least informed CIC?
I wrote to WES regarding this but they didn't change my ECA. They stated the reason that education system in Canada is different from other countries. So masters from our countries may not be recognized as masters in Canada! It apparently depends on the number of years of study in our countries, the quality of education, rigour of the syllabus and blah blah blah.
I can't comprehend this reason as many students who did masters with me and before me have gone directly to do PhD from Canadian and American universities...now according to WES's evaluation these (top-ranking) universities such as Mc Gill, Yale, Columbia UC Berkeley etc. have enrolled people for PhD without a masters and directly after bachelors!!

skyliner4u

Aug 4, 2014
I have asked them again for some explanation.

That is really sad and waste of money for ECA of Master Degree. I am afraid that now I have to work out the other way around to get qualified in FSW-67 since now I will be 1 point short of it :mad:

But is 67 points still needed for EE?

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
skyliner4u said:

That is really sad and waste of money for ECA of Master Degree. I am afraid that now I have to work out the other way around to get qualified in FSW-67 since now I will be 1 point short of it :mad:

On analyzing all such conditions, what basically found are -

1. WES don't recognize Indian Masters degree.
2. If it does, then it ends up giving either Bachelor (Four Year Canadian Equivalent) or One Year Graduate Studies.
3. There is no direct coordination between WES and CIC OR better to say, WES don't take much care of CIC norms; despite it has been appointed by CIC itself.

Overall, it is just like WES is nothing but ending up in giving any possible outlook for the problem, which is very sad. Especially, when on paying the company $322.05 for the assessment.

The whole scenario is resulting in huge frustration, thanks to both WES and CIC.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
skyliner4u said:

The score 67/100 was based on a old scoring system (still used for most of the PN applications) However for the new EE system (2015) scores are calculated based on "Comprehensive ranking system (CRS)"

Please calculate your current scores using the "Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - tool" on CIC website. For a detailed explanation on the ranking system read "Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria" again on CIC website.www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You might easily be eligible for EE.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
karenn1617 said:
On analyzing all such conditions, what basically found are -

1. WES don't recognize Indian Masters degree.
2. If it does, then it ends up giving either Bachelor (Four Year Canadian Equivalent) or One Year Graduate Studies.
3. There is no direct coordination between WES and CIC OR better to say, WES don't take much care of CIC norms; despite it has been appointed by CIC itself.

Overall, it is just like WES is nothing but ending up in giving any possible outlook for the problem, which is very sad. Especially, when on paying the company $322.05 for the assessment.

The whole scenario is resulting in huge frustration, thanks to both WES and CIC.
Very well said karenn. It is indeed highly frustrating :( :mad:
And worst part is neither WES nor CIC are easy to reach out to for answers and clarifications. And that is why many people have to rely on consultants who charge exorbitantly for their poor services.
The best is this forum where we can learn from each other's experiences and mistakes!
Cheers to all seniors and other helpful members... :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
The score 67/100 was based on a old scoring system (still used for most of the PN applications) However for the new EE system (2015) scores are calculated based on "Comprehensive ranking system (CRS)"

Please calculate your current scores using the "Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) - tool" on CIC website. For a detailed explanation on the ranking system read "Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria" again on CIC website.www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You might easily be eligible for EE.
Technically incorrect.

FSW applicants still need at least 67/100 to be eligible for EE. EE is just the umbrella program - eligibility is still driven by FSWP for applicants with no Canadian work experience.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Asivad Anac said:
Technically incorrect.

FSW applicants still need at least 67/100 to be eligible for EE. EE is just the umbrella program - eligibility is still driven by FSWP for applicants with no Canadian work experience.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp
@Asivad - Completely agree with you my friend. FSW score is must. One need to be eligible first in order to make an entrant into EE.

@Site1987 - Literally, first WES, then the idiotic consultants which are good for nothing. :D

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
So is it possible that someone is able to get good scores in EE profile (good enough to get an ITA !) and still be not eligible for FSW coz of lower scores according to FSWP? I thought they both use almost similar scoring parameters (based on age, education, work exp. etc.) Just asking out of curiosity.

Like in this case skyliner with 66/100, will he be able to create an EE profile?

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

This is how CIC asks us to "Determine your eligibility — Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)"

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
So is it possible that someone is able to get good scores in EE profile (good enough to get an ITA !) and still be not eligible for FSW coz of lower scores according to FSWP? I thought they both use almost similar scoring parameters (based on age, education, work exp. etc.) Just asking out of curiosity.

Like in this case skyliner with 66/100, will he be able to create an EE profile?
There is nothing stopping anyone from creating an EE profile but FSW eligibility will not show as 'Met' unless the applicant has at least 67/100 on the FSW grid.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
There is nothing stopping anyone from creating an EE profile but FSW eligibility will not show as 'Met' unless the applicant has at least 67/100 on the FSW grid.
Thanks for the info Asivad!

skyliner4u

Aug 4, 2014
Thank you all for your feedbacks.

I am in a critical condition now and it is very tough to get experience letters here with minor changes etc.

I will try to appear again for IELTS :-[ No other workaround is visible for now atleast. the height is that I got desired score after 6 attempts and 1 rechecking. And now dates are not available.

Waste of Money on WES, IELTS & later possibly for CIC too. I would have bought some expensive toys for my child.

Thank you all again.

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Sita1987 said:
I wrote to WES regarding this but they didn't change my ECA. They stated the reason that education system in Canada is different from other countries. So masters from our countries may not be recognized as masters in Canada! It apparently depends on the number of years of study in our countries, the quality of education, rigour of the syllabus and blah blah blah.
I can't comprehend this reason as many students who did masters with me and before me have gone directly to do PhD from Canadian and American universities...now according to WES's evaluation these (top-ranking) universities such as Mc Gill, Yale, Columbia UC Berkeley etc. have enrolled people for PhD without a masters and directly after bachelors!!
Hey Sita1987,

Thank you for sharing your inputs.

I wanted to quickly check if you also had the same issue of masters being considered as Bacherlors + 1 year graduate study? If yes, what did you end up choosing and how many points did you get?

I am trying to reach out to CIC as I am already in Canada to understand if we can consider Bachelors + 1 year graduate study as two or more degrees

I will keep the forum posted, but it is true that we must keep sharing our research as the consultants are good for nothing.

Cheers,

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi

I spoke to CIC today for the ECA part today. I have ECA from WES that has Bachelors equivalency + one year graduate study in it.

The Agent said that the situation is unique and recommended that I raise the query with CIC, so I can have an authenticated reply. I have sent my query to CIC and will keep you guys posted too. However, I believe all of us (who have the same issue) can also raise query and share the outpue.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.211057813.1890952024.1432133507

You can go to the above mentioned link and register your query, lets wait for some authenticated reply.

Cheers

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
oasis.gc1 said:
Hi

I spoke to CIC today for the ECA part today. I have ECA from WES that has Bachelors equivalency + one year graduate study in it.

The Agent said that the situation is unique and recommended that I raise the query with CIC, so I can have an authenticated reply. I have sent my query to CIC and will keep you guys posted too. However, I believe all of us (who have the same issue) can also raise query and share the outpue.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.211057813.1890952024.1432133507

You can go to the above mentioned link and register your query, lets wait for some authenticated reply.

Cheers
Thanks for the useful information Oasis!
Indeed my ECA states my masters as "one year graduate study"
And in the overall Canadian education equivalency it states just Bachelors (four years). To be precise, in my case the ECA reads as follows:

Canadian equivalency summary: Bachelors degree (four years)
Credential analysis:
1. Bachelor of Science
Canadian equivalency - Bachelors (four years)

2. Master of Science
Canadian equivalency - One year of graduate study

For both the credentials the institution status is showing as "recognized"

For now I have only selected Bachelors degree in my EE profile as there is a lot of confusion regarding it. And just to be on the safer side I am taking the advice of seniors on this forum and even my consultant clearly told that it is the equivalency stated in your ECA's Summary which CIC considers in the end. So until I hear something from WES or CIC stating that "one year graduate study" actually can be counted as "study towards masters" I am letting go of 25+7 points in my EE profile :-[

Please keep us posted if you hear anything from CIC. Also can you clearly and in detail mention what your ECA mentions? As in this format:

Canadian Equivalency Summary: _________________
Credential analysis:
1. Credential One: Canadian equivalency:___________
2. Credential Two: Canadian equivalency:___________

Thanks