+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anybody got 'One year graduate study' in WES Report?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Caspper said:
Here are my two cents, back in January WES assessed my diplomas as :

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (three years) and one year of graduate study

Even though, I believed that I was already qualified to two or more diplomas section, to avoid any misunderstanding with CIC, I asked WES to review my ECA, I explained that CIC isn't clear if one year of graduate study would be recognized or not. After couple weeks, they replied and changed my equivalency to:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (three years) and post-graduate certificate (one year)
With that WES summary, one can certainly claim "Two or more...". But I'm not sure everyone can get it reassessed "One year of graduate study" to "Post-graduate certificate".

@Faithope, definitely worth a shot though/

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad Anac,

I sent my case for re-evaluation but it remained same.

Actually it is nearly impossible to contact WES.

They have emailed me to contact CIC for CIC terminology.

Which option do you think I should choose? As my Bachelors is Bachelors 4 years and Masters is One year of graduate study.

Thanks.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Faithope said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

I send my case for re-evaluation but it remained same.

Actually it is nearly impossible to contact WES.

They have emailed me to contact CIC for CIC terminology.

Which option do you think I should choose? As my Bachelors is Bachelors 4 years and Masters in One year of graduate study?

Thanks.
CIC feedback does sound more important here as if they reply you back with the thing in your favor "two or more..." Then you can attach that email along with other education documents.

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi AgentC,

Waiting for your update from the last post after contacting WES or CIC.

I have done B.Tech (4-years) and post that full time 2 years MBA. I also received this 'One year graduate study' assessment. Unfortunately, as I understand, we cant claim points for Master's level. Correct me if I am wrong.

P.S: I have written to WES indicating this might be erroneous assessment because on CiC website they have clearly mentioned what all assessments a 2-year MBA degree can be awarded and 'One Year Post-Graduate study' doesn't appear in that list. I will keep you posted if I hear back anything from WES.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Faithope said:
Can anyone please tell me how to contact CIC from outside Canada?
That would be the best option! To get it clarified from CIC. Since on this forum we are going round and round the same arguments :-[

May be we cannot claim the points for two or more certificates as Asivad and many other pointed out...still it will be more reassuring to hear it directly from CIC

skyliner4u

Aug 4, 2014
I have a situation here. My spouse is the principal applicant and we have completed the ECA evaluation through WES.

1st evaluation (excluding Master of Science) was done in 2014 for which we have ECA report already. Below is the final ECA (July 2015) which is creating a problem getting 67 points even after CLB7 and relevant work experience, since she was working full time too during her Masters.

Canadian Equivalency Summary

Bachelor's Degree (four Years) and Bachelor of Education

Second evaluation (original completed in 2014)

Credential Analysis
Credential:Bachelor of Science
Year:2008
Awarded By: Gujarat Uni.
Institution Status:Recognized.
Admission requirements:Secondary School graduation
Length of Program:Three years
Major/Specialization:Mathematics
Canadian equivalency:Bachelor's Degree (Three years)

Credential:Bachelor of Education
Year: 2011
Institution Status:Recognized
Admission requirements:Bachelor's Degree
Length of Program:One Year
Major/Specialization:Education
Canadian equivalency:Bachelor of Education

Credential:Master of Science
Year:2013
Institution Status:Recognized
Admission requirements:Bachelor's Degree
Length of Program:Two Years
Major/Specialization:Statistics
Canadian equivalency: Bachelor's Degree (Four Years)

Q. If we consider Master of Science(stat) do we still need to get 67 points for EE or CRS should considered?
Problem: If we show that we are short of 1 point which has to be covered through either IELTS, Experience or other right?

Q.Why Master is still considered Bachelor even after Bachelor (Maths-3 years)
Q. What if we only submit very 1st ECA report and get more IELTS bands, experience etc.
Q. Should we consider 126 in CRS or 119.
Q. Weirdly I am short of 1 point in FSW if Master shown.

I request senior forum members to suggest on how to proceed with masters or without it (with old evaluation report).

Awaiting response.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also got the same results for provisional degree equivalency tool by wes..

And I am losing points for education and skill transferability in CRS due to this evaluation of my masters degree as 4 years bachelors degree by WES.

I have mentioned in a separate post and also asking the same question here..

Will there be any changes in ECA if we do it for ICAS or CES??

If anyone has knowledge about the difference in ECA done by WES and ICAS or CES??

pls share if anyone has any info about this.

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
munjal said:
I also got the same results for provisional degree equivalency tool by wes..

And I am losing points for education and skill transferability in CRS due to this evaluation of my masters degree as 4 years bachelors degree by WES.

I have mentioned in a separate post and also asking the same question here..

Will there be any changes in ECA if we do it for ICAS or CES??

If anyone has knowledge about the difference in ECA done by WES and ICAS or CES??

pls share if anyone has any info about this.
Hello guys,

Will say instead of upgrading your ECA report better order a new one as it will give much clear picture.

Best,
K

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karenn1617 said:
Hello guys,

Will say instead of upgrading your ECA report better order a new one as it will give much clear picture.

Best,
K
Yes.. that's what I am thinking about now.. to order a new ECA report..

but dont you think that with WES, the report will remain the same in this new report too..

So, I just wanted to know if there are any real instances seen in this forum that people have got different ECA when they did it from ICAS or CES compared to the ECA report done by WES??

If there are any such positive incidences, then only it will be worth of spending extra money and more time.. (as ICAS takes 20 weeks and CES takes 13 weeks to complete ECA compared to just 21 days of WES)

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hey,

Could anyone manage to get points for Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees when your ECA said Bachelor's Equivalency and One-year graduate study?

I have not created my profile for the same reason as I am confused what to choose Bachelors or Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Yes.. that's what I am thinking about now.. to order a new ECA report..

but dont you think that with WES, the report will remain the same in this new report too..

So, I just wanted to know if there are any real instances seen in this forum that people have got different ECA when they did it from ICAS or CES compared to the ECA report done by WES??

If there are any such positive incidences, then only it will be worth of spending extra money and more time.. (as ICAS takes 20 weeks and CES takes 13 weeks to complete ECA compared to just 21 days of WES)
It will be very surprising if the 3 agencies gave assessment reports which do not agree with each other. That will rule out any objectivity in their assessment standards. I haven't seen any member reporting such behavior in the forum yet.

skyliner4u

Aug 4, 2014
So what do they consider as Masters??

This is really annoying. After spending all money, Time, resources, Hard work we stuck at the point where Master is useless even after ECA (no matter from where it is being done). This way enthusiasts won't qualify in FSW and also suffers a lot on CRS. Not only that language (IELTS) itself takes 4-5 attempts to get the desired bands.

Has anybody in forum raised questions against it etc? or at least informed CIC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skyliner4u said:
So what do they consider as Masters??
Only the following are considered for 'Two or more..." category and Masters would be considered where the final Canadian equivalence summary shows up as Masters on top of the WES report.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

ECA assessment results

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Graduate Certificate
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
Study Toward a Master's Degree

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
oasis.gc1 said:
Hey,

Could anyone manage to get points for Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees when your ECA said Bachelor's Equivalency and One-year graduate study?

I have not created my profile for the same reason as I am confused what to choose Bachelors or Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
No one is 100% sure about this. So I at least have chosen only bachelors in my EE profile for now until I hear from WES directly or better still CIC clarifying our doubts. Meanwhile it is better to be in the EE profile with the safer option of bachelors for now.
Better safe than sorry!