+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

sakshikapoor

Apr 25, 2020
Hello all, I am working as a software engineer in Quebec on Post Graduate Work Permit. My company has allowed me to work remotely from anywhere within Canada. I have already obtained the CSQ and in the process of applying QSW PR. However, I plan to live in Edmonton, Alberta with my family right now. Is it allowed, since I will be living outside Quebec while my application for PR will be in process?

nrmr82

Jan 9, 2018
Longueuil
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
July 2020
Doc's Request.
Nov 2020
Hello all, I am working as a software engineer in Quebec on Post Graduate Work Permit. My company has allowed me to work remotely from anywhere within Canada. I have already obtained the CSQ and in the process of applying QSW PR. However, I plan to live in Edmonton, Alberta with my family right now. Is it allowed, since I will be living outside Quebec while my application for PR will be in process?
No it is not! as QSWP is for Quebec residents.

gotPrUnderCEC

Star Member
Sep 18, 2021
hi Guys,

So I got PR under Express Entry under CEC category recently. The thing is I am employed by a Toronto Employer but they send me to client office in Quebec (my role involves staying in client's office). In my application I provided my employment documents which state that I am based out of Toronto but currently sent to Quebec. I clearly mentioned my situation in my CEC application LOW that I am in Quebec only because my employer and have no intentions of settling here. (FYI all my documents salary slips, T4 etc have toronto address only). IRCC approved my application and I got PR under CEC while I am in Quebec.

Please note that my PR Card also shows I landed in Montreal.

I told this to my employer and asked me to move out of Quebec as I can't settle here. Unfortunately, they said that their contract is extended by 1 year and thus I cant immediately move out of Quebec.

FYI I got my SIN and RAMQ (health card) as well in Quebec.

I am very nervous now as I don't know if not moving immediately out of Quebec will cause any trouble when I apply for citizenship or extend my PR Card.

Please help guys what should I do. Someone told me to buy a house outside of Quebec and use it as permanent address to avoid all this but this is a little expensive route.

Reactions: Sanjar718

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
hi Guys,

So I got PR under Express Entry under CEC category recently. The thing is I am employed by a Toronto Employer but they send me to client office in Quebec (my role involves staying in client's office). In my application I provided my employment documents which state that I am based out of Toronto but currently sent to Quebec. I clearly mentioned my situation in my CEC application LOW that I am in Quebec only because my employer and have no intentions of settling here. (FYI all my documents salary slips, T4 etc have toronto address only). IRCC approved my application and I got PR under CEC while I am in Quebec.

Please note that my PR Card also shows I landed in Montreal.

I told this to my employer and asked me to move out of Quebec as I can't settle here. Unfortunately, they said that their contract is extended by 1 year and thus I cant immediately move out of Quebec.

FYI I got my SIN and RAMQ (health card) as well in Quebec.

I am very nervous now as I don't know if not moving immediately out of Quebec will cause any trouble when I apply for citizenship or extend my PR Card.

Please help guys what should I do. Someone told me to buy a house outside of Quebec and use it as permanent address to avoid all this but this is a little expensive route.
Congrats! I think everything is fine, you have a strong proof that its not your fault. Just save those emails from your employer.

MamataChintakindi

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-02-2021
Med's Done....
14-03-2021
Hi All,
I am here to get some input on how I should write my letter or intent to reside outside quebec.
I was deputed on closed ICT work permit in Montreal , quebec from the period of October 2019 to November 2020 from my Indian employer. After returning I applied for EE and got the invitation under CEC category in February 2021 and applied for same.
I had not included LOE for living outside quebec while submitting the application. Now I received the request to submit the LOI. How should write my letter here.
Appreciate any help.

aravindkj1988

Nov 17, 2020
Hi all, I made an express entry application and got ita last November. I filed the documents in February this year. Now I have a closed work permit for one year in McGill university Quebec as a postdoc.
Now I know it will be a conflict of interest as I am not supposed to show intent of settling down in Quebec. How ever I have a job contract of one year. How do I demonstrate my intent of not settling down in Quebec. How do I navigate around this? Any thoughts?
Does it have any implications on my PR application? If so is it possible to send an letter of intent at what stage?

MamataChintakindi

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-02-2021
Med's Done....
14-03-2021
Hi all, I made an express entry application and got ita last November. I filed the documents in February this year. Now I have a closed work permit for one year in McGill university Quebec as a postdoc.
Now I know it will be a conflict of interest as I am not supposed to show intent of settling down in Quebec. How ever I have a job contract of one year. How do I demonstrate my intent of not settling down in Quebec. How do I navigate around this? Any thoughts?
Does it have any implications on my PR application? If so is it possible to send an letter of intent at what stage?
Try adding the letter of intent (You can do it before they ask using Webfarm) you can mention about you closed work permit. Whereas I would suggest try moving out of Quebec province if possible for reducing chances of rejection if any.

aravindkj1988

Nov 17, 2020
Try adding the letter of intent (You can do it before they ask using Webfarm) you can mention about you closed work permit. Whereas I would suggest try moving out of Quebec province if possible for reducing chances of rejection if any.
Do you think, I have to give a letter of intent in this case in the webform? Shall I do it right away or wait until my work permit is approved?
Thanks.

MamataChintakindi

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-02-2021
Med's Done....
14-03-2021
Do you think, I have to give a letter of intent in this case in the webform? Shall I do it right away or wait until my work permit is approved?
Thanks.
Yes it would be good if you provide the intent letter right away. Because in my case , I have not submitted the intent while submitting the application and after 8 months I received request letter to submit the letter of intent .

Reactions: Aman1212

aravindkj1988

Nov 17, 2020
Yes it would be good if you provide the intent letter right away. Because in my case , I have not submitted the intent while submitting the application and after 8 months I received request letter to submit the letter of intent .
Oh that's cool. May I ask what was the outcome after submitting the intent. Do you have any key pointers to include in the letter of intent?
Thanks so much for your response.
Aravind

MamataChintakindi

Mar 30, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-02-2021
Med's Done....
14-03-2021
Oh that's cool. May I ask what was the outcome after submitting the intent. Do you have any key pointers to include in the letter of intent?
Thanks so much for your response.
Aravind
I am waiting for response after submitting the intent ( Submitted on 23rd October). I have stated the reason I was on closed work permit and submitted the application from outside canada.

Reactions: aravindkj1988

A2D2

Jul 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi All, After PFL for intent to leave Quebec, if the application is approved and received portal email, can we keep the Quebec address or we need to immediately move out of Quebec. Can we move out of Quebec after receiving the PR.

NeverOnTime44

Dec 18, 2021
Hi All, After PFL for intent to leave Quebec, if the application is approved and received portal email, can we keep the Quebec address or we need to immediately move out of Quebec. Can we move out of Quebec after receiving the PR.
You can give your QC address, worked for me.

Reactions: A2D2

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I received my XEP (QSWP) back in Oct'20 however still haven't received my AOR. Anybody in the same boat? When i submitted my application i was an outlander, however i'm currently in Montreal on a WP.

Couple of my friends that applied during the same time as outlanders recently received their AOR and Bio req. I know i may not need a Bio as i recently did it for my WP, however as i haven't received my AOR/medical reqs yet, im wondering if should do something to check my appln status. Called IRCC and they asked me just to wait! If anyone had to deal with a similar situation, please share your experience