+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

UKRP

May 7, 2019
hi Guys,

So I got PR under Express Entry under CEC category recently. The thing is I am employed by a Toronto Employer but they send me to client office in Quebec (my role involves staying in client's office). In my application I provided my employment documents which state that I am based out of Toronto but currently sent to Quebec. I clearly mentioned my situation in my CEC application LOW that I am in Quebec only because my employer and have no intentions of settling here. (FYI all my documents salary slips, T4 etc have toronto address only). IRCC approved my application and I got PR under CEC while I am in Quebec.

Please note that my PR Card also shows I landed in Montreal.

I told this to my employer and asked me to move out of Quebec as I can't settle here. Unfortunately, they said that their contract is extended by 1 year and thus I cant immediately move out of Quebec.

FYI I got my SIN and RAMQ (health card) as well in Quebec.

I am very nervous now as I don't know if not moving immediately out of Quebec will cause any trouble when I apply for citizenship or extend my PR Card.

Please help guys what should I do. Someone told me to buy a house outside of Quebec and use it as permanent address to avoid all this but this is a little expensive route.
Could you please share the LOW format that you have used , that would be really helpful for many on this forum

hdkc777

Oct 12, 2021
Hi guys,

I recently got my eCoPR from TR to PR which is an IRCC program. I studied in Ontario for two years then moved to Montreal(Quebec)for my current position after graduation (with PGWP).
When I applied TR to PR I am physically in Montreal and I did attach an explanation letter to show my intent (LOW).

Shared my format here I hope this could help :)

{Name}
{Address}
{Phone Number}

Subject: Letter of Explanation – Intend to reside in a province other than Quebec

Attached: (1) {document name 1}, (2) {document name 2}, (3) {document name 3}

First, I have no family connections and friends in Quebec, and most of my friends are in Ontario. From 2018 to 2020, I was a resident in Ontario where I attended ______ College for Advanced diploma, so all of my friends are living in Ontario. Moreover, one of my best friends in my life, _______ is in Toronto. We have known each other for more than ten years, and she is the main reason why I decided to come to Canada in the first place. She was like my family so I was excited to start the adventure in a new country that she was in. I deeply hope I can live close to her, take care of each, and raise our children together in the near future.

Second, my employer _____ has countless based locations across countries, provinces, and cities. My current position’s main duties are working with vendors in the greater Montreal area. It was extremely hard for a new graduate to land a job during the first surge of a pandemic while I received this offer last summer. My financial situation was very stressful at that time. I didn’t have any income and I was running out of my savings, and I was also stressed about the student loan that I have to start paying in 2021. For a new immigrant and new graduate, it is more important to have a professional experience than select locations. As a result, I decided to accept this position and gain more experience in the professional fields then wait for an opportunity to transfer my position back to Ontario internal or external.

Third, it’s hard to live in Quebec without speaking French. French will be my fourth language and it is hard for me to learn. In most of the places in Quebec, the signs, labels, and documents are only displayed in French, and this causes lots of inconvenience in my daily life. It was also quite hard to understand Quebec Government’s websites because many parts of them are only in French.

Last but not least, when I have kids in the near future, I would like them to attend an English school since neither I nor my partner speaks French. My partner's and my first language is Mandarin and we hope that our next generation can be bilingual in Mandarin and English so we can narrow down the generation gap between us and the children. There is about a 10% population in the great Toronto area who can speak Mandarin, so we prefer to raise our children in the great Toronto area, so they can have a better environment learning Mandarin and English, for example, by attending a public English school and joining some local programs to learn Mandarin.

I hope all the above explained reasons show my clear intention to move out of Quebec province.

{Name}

Signature

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanjar718

UKRP

May 7, 2019
Hi guys,

I recently got approved from TR to PR which is an IRCC program. I studied in Ontario for two years then moved to Montreal(Quebec)for my current position after graduation (with PGWP).
When I applied TR to PR I am physically in Montreal and I did attach an explanation letter to show my intent (LOW).

{Name}
{Address}
{Phone Number}

Subject: Letter of Explanation – Intend to reside in a province other than Quebec

First, I have no family connections and friends in Quebec, and most of my friends are in Ontario. From 2018 to 2020, I was a resident in Ontario where I attended ______ College for Advanced diploma, so all of my friends are living in Ontario. Moreover, one of my best friends in my life, _______ is in Toronto. We have known each other for more than ten years, and she is the main reason why I decided to come to Canada in the first place. She was like my family so I was excited to start the adventure in a new country that she was in. I deeply hope I can live close to her, take care of each, and raise our children together in the near future.

Second, my employer _____ has countless based locations across countries, provinces, and cities. My current position’s main duties are working with vendors in the greater Montreal area. It was extremely hard for a new graduate to land a job during the first surge of a pandemic while I received this offer last summer. My financial situation was very stressful at that time. I didn’t have any income and I was running out of my savings, and I was also stressed about the student loan that I have to start paying in 2021. For a new immigrant and new graduate, it is more important to have a professional experience than select locations. As a result, I decided to accept this position and gain more experience in the professional fields then wait for an opportunity to transfer my position back to Ontario internal or external.

Third, it’s hard to live in Quebec without speaking French. French will be my fourth language and it is hard for me to learn. In most of the places in Quebec, the signs, labels, and documents are only displayed in French, and this causes lots of inconvenience in my daily life. It was also quite hard to understand Quebec Government’s websites because many parts of them are only in French.

Last but not least, when I have kids in the near future, I would like them to attend an English school since neither I nor my partner speaks French. My partner's and my first language is Mandarin and we hope that our next generation can be bilingual in Mandarin and English so we can narrow down the generation gap between us and the children. There is about a 10% population in the great Toronto area who can speak Mandarin, so we prefer to raise our children in the great Toronto area, so they can have a better environment learning Mandarin and English, for example, by attending a public English school and joining some local programs to learn Mandarin.

I hope all the above explained reasons show my clear intention to move out of Quebec province.

{Name}

Signature
Thank you for sharing the letter, this would really helpful. However have a question, is this letter notarized or got it signed from a immigration lawyer etc?

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Hi guys,

I recently got approved from TR to PR which is an IRCC program. I studied in Ontario for two years then moved to Montreal(Quebec)for my current position after graduation (with PGWP).

{Name}
{Address}
{Phone Number}

{Name}

Signature
Thanks for sharing :) I have an lmia job offer from ontario, do you think this can be strong proof?

hdkc777

Oct 12, 2021
Thank you for sharing the letter, this would really helpful. However have a question, is this letter notarized or got it signed from a immigration lawyer etc?
Nope. I didn't notarize or sign the letter, but I do know someone did that.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
I think so, but you already submitted QSW?
Yes, applied september last year, but till now nothing. No aor. nothing. So, i'm thinking to apply to CEC too using my new LMIA job offer from ontario. The worst I will loose money, either CEC will proceed or QSW. How do you think?

Vikee2022

Jan 18, 2022
Hi All,
I am in process of applying for PR after ITA.
My scenario is as bellow-

1) I am primary candidate, works and stays in Ontario on closed work permit. I am claiming 50 points for offer letter from same employer
2) spouse works in Montreal, but tries to spend most of the time in Ontario. We have a place leased in Montreal. Spouse have photo I'd and health insurance with Ontario
3)spouse is trying to get job in Ontario, but don't have any offers as of now.

What additional information or documents should I provide show our intention of staying in Ontario?

Thanks

Vikee2022

Jan 18, 2022
Hi All,
I am in process of applying for PR after ITA.
My scenario is as bellow-

1) I am primary candidate, works and stays in Ontario on closed work permit. I am claiming 50 points for offer letter from same employer
2) spouse works in Montreal, but tries to spend most of the time in Ontario. We have a place leased in Montreal. Spouse have photo I'd and health insurance with Ontario
3)spouse is trying to get job in Ontario, but don't have any offers as of now.

What additional information or documents should I provide show our intention of staying in Ontario?

Thanks
Commenting for views

hdkc777

Oct 12, 2021
Commenting for views
Since your employer and your address are in Ontario, I don't think you need to worry too much about that.
I even think you and your spouse could also just provide the address in Ontario because you two do live there sometimes right?
If you are worried, you can provide an explanation letter explaining that your spouse is trying to get a job and move back to Ontario.

Vikee2022

Jan 18, 2022
Since your employer and your address are in Ontario, I don't think you need to worry too much about that.
I even think you and your spouse could also just provide the address in Ontario because you two do live there sometimes right?
If you are worried, you can provide an explanation letter explaining that your spouse is trying to get a job and move back to Ontario.
Thanks for your response. It’s a big relief.