+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any temporary worker in Quebec, but applying for Express Entry, join here.

Barombi

Jan 25, 2023
HI,
I have a open PGWP. I temporarily moved into Quebec from NB, after getting a Job in a company headquartered in Quebec. I would be completing a year very soon and was planning on applying for CEC. I don't speak French and have no plans to stay inside Quebec for future.
My Employer may allow me to work remotely anywhere in Canada but since it is headquartered here is the main reason for me to move to Quebec. The other reason for me being here is because I have projects with a local utility, which sometimes requires site visits.
I'm planning to apply for CEC or FSW under express entry.
I wanted to know how could I prove that I don't have any intention to stay inside Quebec? (Except for the above mentioned reasons)
(I would also like to add something additional, I am also restricted from getting a PENG due to French language requirement.)
After I receive an invite does the application suggest me to move outside Quebec to proceed further with my PR process?

Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Cretae an EE profile, when you asnwer the questions, the first one is : Where will you live? if you choose Quebec, you can't create an EE profile, they suggest you to check a Quebec immigration program.
if you have one year experience in Canada (include QC) 1560 hours, you will be elligible to apply for the CEC program not FSW.
You have nothing to prove. just select a province other than Quebec in th efirst question :)
Good luck for the next

jfernan3

Jan 18, 2023
Cretae an EE profile, when you asnwer the questions, the first one is : Where will you live? if you choose Quebec, you can't create an EE profile, they suggest you to check a Quebec immigration program.
if you have one year experience in Canada (include QC) 1560 hours, you will be elligible to apply for the CEC program not FSW.
You have nothing to prove. just select a province other than Quebec in th efirst question :)
Good luck for the next
Thank you for your reply and detailed information.
I spoke to my company and they're okay with me working in another province nearby like Ontario. So in case I need to be onsite, I can make the commute easily.
I wanted to know if I can stay inside Quebec and apply. And as a supporting document, ill be attaching a letter stating my intention to leave Quebec at the end of the project. Is something like this acceptable?
Thank you for your time taken to read and replying to my post.

AlirezaJav

May 29, 2023
Hi,

I am living in Ontario and I have a job offer from Quebec and I have started remotely for two weeks. At the time, I didn't know how complicated the permanent residency route will be with a job offer from Quebec. I actually need the job offer score to get out of the pool. Can I claim the job offer point and stay in the Express entry pool, if they mention that I can work remotely for 6 months in my contract? What if they give me a fully remote contract?

Last edited:

shn411

Feb 27, 2022
I received ITA recently. I reside in Quebec. I have a temporary job with end date and I wish to move out immediately after the end with my wife. I have a sibling in Ontario. Will this be enough to explain the intention to move out of quebec?

SudipC23

Feb 6, 2023
I received ITA recently. I reside in Quebec. I have a temporary job with end date and I wish to move out immediately after the end with my wife. I have a sibling in Ontario. Will this be enough to explain the intention to move out of quebec?
This is a good reason but also provide as much explanation and documentation as you can. For e.g. a letter from your sibling if you're planning to stay with them or proof that you're looking for places out of QC. In my case I provided a copy of new lease agreement and a letter from my employer that I can work remotely(Mine is a permanent job). You never know how much would be enough for the officials :)

shn411

Feb 27, 2022
Thank you for your reply. Should I provide the letter now or after some query is asked. Also, I am applying for positions outside Québec should I put it now or after the query comes?

This is a good reason but also provide as much explanation and documentation as you can. For e.g. a letter from your sibling if you're planning to stay with them or proof that you're looking for places out of QC. In my case I provided a copy of new lease agreement and a letter from my employer that I can work remotely(Mine is a permanent job). You never know how much would be enough for the officials :)

SudipC23

Feb 6, 2023
Thank you for your reply. Should I provide the letter now or after some query is asked. Also, I am applying for positions outside Québec should I put it now or after the query comes?
Always a good idea to provide the documentation when submitting the full application so as to avoid any processing delays.

Eight-Frogs

Nov 29, 2023
I am 42 year 2 months old and have a bachelors degree in IT, four year degree course which is WES verified.
My wife too, same age and she also has a similar bachelors degree which is WES verified.
We both are good in English and can get a CLB 8.
Our Daughter is 12 yrs old.

We both not good in French.

I have a closed work permit. I work for a company in Montreal and my work permit is valid till jun 2026.
My wife is looking for a job and she has an open work permit. I think She can work anywhere in Canada. Her open work permit is also valid till jun 2026.

Have a cousin in Toranto who is a PR.

My overall IT experience is 20 years. Building it in Montreal for CEC it’s been 4 months here in Montreal working.
Wife’s overall IT experience is 10 plus years.
My NOC is 20012 and wife NOC is 21230.

Do you think we can get PR ? We cannot score good in French test

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am 42 year 2 months old and have a bachelors degree in IT, four year degree course which is WES verified.
My wife too, same age and she also has a similar bachelors degree which is WES verified.
We both are good in English and can get a CLB 8.
Our Daughter is 12 yrs old.

We both not good in French.

I have a closed work permit. I work for a company in Montreal and my work permit is valid till jun 2026.
My wife is looking for a job and she has an open work permit. I think She can work anywhere in Canada. Her open work permit is also valid till jun 2026.

Have a cousin in Toranto who is a PR.

My overall IT experience is 20 years. Building it in Montreal for CEC it’s been 4 months here in Montreal working.
Wife’s overall IT experience is 10 plus years.
My NOC is 20012 and wife NOC is 21230.

Do you think we can get PR ? We cannot score good in French test
Although your wife has an OWP she is expected to live with you and she was granted an SOWP to join you in Canada not live separately. Your age is one of the issue and lack of French. Does your employer have offices elsewhere in Canada? If not would suggest either both you and your wife look for other opportunities outside Quebec. Some provinces have specific techs pathways.

Eight-Frogs

Nov 29, 2023
Although your wife has an OWP she is expected to live with you and she was granted an SOWP to join you in Canada not live separately. Your age is one of the issue and lack of French. Does your employer have offices elsewhere in Canada? If not would suggest either both you and your wife look for other opportunities outside Quebec. Some provinces have specific techs pathways.

Eight-Frogs

Nov 29, 2023
Can’t I live in Ontario and daily travel for work to Quebec. If I rent a place in Ontario and put my daughter to school there, open bank acc etc, I may convince VO that I can sink my roots in Ontario. No ?

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Can’t I live in Ontario and daily travel for work to Quebec. If I rent a place in Ontario and put my daughter to school there, open bank acc etc, I may convince VO that I can sink my roots in Ontario. No ?
You can be an inter-provincial worker. It is your place of residency and not the place of work that denotes residency ties.
You could be working remotely and you don't have to explain a whole bunch of stuff in that case. If you are commuting daily, they would definitely asses how realistic that commute is, and it would be wiser to attach commuter passes/receipts, alongside lease, utility bills, bank statement, in optional documents once you get the ITA.

Eight-Frogs

Nov 29, 2023
You can be an inter-provincial worker. It is your place of residency and not the place of work that denotes residency ties.
You could be working remotely and you don't have to explain a whole bunch of stuff in that case. If you are commuting daily, they would definitely asses how realistic that commute is, and it would be wiser to attach commuter passes/receipts, alongside lease, utility bills, bank statement, in optional documents once you get the ITA.
thanks! So:
1. is it a good strategy for a 42 year old bachelor degree holder like me to live in Ontario and work in Quebec via daily commute? And apply in CEC class EE after 1 year
2. Would it be ok to use job offer of my existing company in qubec to get 50 extra points in my application? As explained I am on closed work permit till 2026 June and plan to apply next year in Aug when I finish my 1 year in Canada