+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Russians/Ukrainians/Soviets in here?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone

I am a Canadian PR holder and my Ukrainian girlfriend has 10 year multi-entry visitor visa. We are now trying to get her a work permit so she can work in Canada. Is there a quicker and easier way to get an open work permit for her without a job offer and Labour Market Impact Assessment?
Thanks.
Basically, I don't think you can get an open work permit without pre-requisites for it, like finishing a degree in Canada. Most jobs need LMIA, so check if her qualifications/background make her exempt for any reason. What's her hypothetical CRS score for Express Entry?

Reactions: John Cohen

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Russian here. Working/living in Toronto on my PGWP. Expire date: end of July 2020. CRS Score: 459. Hoping to get an ITA soon.
Maybe I will re-do CELPIP(previous results: 8998).

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Russian here. Working/living in Toronto on my PGWP. Expire date: end of July 2020. CRS Score: 459. Hoping to get an ITA soon.
Maybe I will re-do CELPIP(previous results: 8998).
Your score is somewhere on the borderline. September-October draws were above 460. You can definitely retake CELPIP/take IELTS (whatever is cheaper/easier), because improving score by one point will make positive difference in your score.
Does your 459 score include the qualified job offer (+50 points?

Reactions: WunderCat

WunderCat

Star Member
Oct 7, 2019
Toronto
NOC Code......
Your score is somewhere on the borderline. September-October draws were above 460. You can definitely retake CELPIP/take IELTS (whatever is cheaper/easier), because improving score by one point will make positive difference in your score.
Does your 459 score include the qualified job offer (+50 points?
I don't think it falls under Job Offer category. Just a full-time developer position (already work her for a year, just hit 2 years of experience). Also asked my CTO and Office Administrator and they do not know anything about LMIA.

"
a valid offer is for a job that is:

"
Maybe I should contact someone because I apply within Canada and already have a job and this is just for people who apply beyond Canada. It is a little bit confusing.

John Cohen

Oct 18, 2019
Basically, I don't think you can get an open work permit without pre-requisites for it, like finishing a degree in Canada. Most jobs need LMIA, so check if her qualifications/background make her exempt for any reason. What's her hypothetical CRS score for Express Entry?
Her NOC is category B and i checked it requires LMIA. Without a job offer her express entry score is around 350.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Her NOC is category B and i checked it requires LMIA. Without a job offer her express entry score is around 350.
Score required to be selected through EE is around 460 right now. Unfortunately she has no hope of being selected under EE. Even with job offer points, she still wouldn't come anywhere close to having enough points. Suggest she look into the provincial programs and forget about EE.