+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Russians/Ukrainians/Soviets in here?

peachylemon

Jul 12, 2018
Hi guys! I'm a newbie here writing you from Almaty, Kazakhstan. Just in the very beginning of the journey :oops:
Well, as for first steps I'm waiting for my WES and IELTS results.
In addition, I have to get an FBI clearance since I lived there for more than 6 months over the last 10 years...well, anyhow, I need to send them my fingerprints....does anyone know how to get those in Kazakhstan? Google is not helping...now I'm thinking of just buying ink and getting them by myself...

peachylemon

Jul 12, 2018
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if I need to translate the apostille for Kazakhstan diploma?
I have my Kazakh diploma translated into English before i sent it for apostille. And I received it with apostille and stamp in Kazakh language. Can I just send apostilled diploma and translation to WES or I need to translate apostille and stamp prior posting for ECA.
no idea. I just know that CES, on the contrary, doesn't require you to apostle your diploma...if that helps.

tamik

Sep 3, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi everyone. Does someone have an experience evaluating incomplete education for ECA?
I have my BA degree and 2 years of masters studies (passed all the exams, however, didn't finish my project) no MSc degree awarded. But I have an academic certificate (академическая справка) with the list of the subjects studied along with the credits number for each subject (90 credits total). Is there any chance that my academic certificate can be evaluated as a postgrad certificate, so I could claim points for 2+ degrees and certificates?
Which organization should I send my documents to?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hi everyone. Does someone have an experience evaluating incomplete education for ECA?
I have my BA degree and 2 years of masters studies (passed all the exams, however, didn't finish my project) no MSc degree awarded. But I have an academic certificate (академическая справка) with the list of the subjects studied along with the credits number for each subject (90 credits total). Is there any chance that my academic certificate can be evaluated as a postgrad certificate, so I could claim points for 2+ degrees and certificates?
Which organization should I send my documents to?
Until you satisfy all the requirements of your degree you can’t claim points for it. I don’t think an agency will even start evaluation process until it has all the required documents (diploma and transcripts). Agencies are very specific in their requirements. Anyway, you canalways ask them.
You can send the documents to WES. They work quite well with Russian degrees. At least I didn’t have any issues with mines. Don’t forget though that WES requires apostles from the Ministry of Education to be placed on Russian diplomas and transcripts. You can do at the local Department of Education in your city. It takes around a month or so.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all!
Let's try to revive this thread! I'm having my IELTS this coming Saturday and hoping to start filling the EE profile as soon as I get the results!
I'm from Moscow, Russia, currently in the US on F1 visa (OPT expiring next June).

Any inspiring PR success stories from my beloved compatriots?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hi all!
Let's try to revive this thread! I'm having my IELTS this coming Saturday and hoping to start filling the EE profile as soon as I get the results!
I'm from Moscow, Russia, currently in the US on F1 visa (OPT expiring next June).

Any inspiring PR success stories from my beloved compatriots?
Hey, I am also in the US on F-1. Got PPR on August 2nd, currently waiting for my passport and COPR. Hopefully, moving to Canada in the end of August or beginning of September.

If you've questions about the process, just let me know

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey, I am also in the US on F-1. Got PPR on August 2nd, currently waiting for my passport and COPR. Hopefully, moving to Canada in the end of August or beginning of September.

If you've questions about the process, just let me know
Congratulations! Great news and best of luck with your moving and landing! Will be excited to read your landing story as well!

A few questions:
How long did it take you to get the FBI certificates and book the medical appointment?
Did you make your appointment before or after the ITA?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Congratulations! Great news and best of luck with your moving and landing! Will be excited to read your landing story as well!

A few questions:
How long did it take you to get the FBI certificates and book the medical appointment?
Did you make your appointment before or after the ITA?
Thank you!

FBI took a week or so after I sent my fingerprints as far as I can remember. It's quite a quick process.

I did medical exam after ITA. We get 60 days to apply after ITA, so it's more than enough. The cost of medical exam in the US is very high but it's even higher on the East Coast (tri-state area) where I live. In the mid-west it's considerably cheaper. Unfortunately, insurance doesn't cover medical exams for immigration.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you!

FBI took a week or so after I sent my fingerprints as far as I can remember. It's quite a quick process.

I did medical exam after ITA. We get 60 days to apply after ITA, so it's more than enough. The cost of medical exam in the US is very high but it's even higher on the East Coast (tri-state area) where I live. In the mid-west it's considerably cheaper. Unfortunately, insurance doesn't cover medical exams for immigration.

Thanks for the update!
I live in Boston and here the medical is close to $500 per adult (and we're a family of 4), a bit less for kids.
Which province are you moving to?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Thanks for the update!
I live in Boston and here the medical is close to $500 per adult (and we're a family of 4), a bit less for kids.
Which province are you moving to?
Wow, the prices have gone up! For me it was around $400. I live in CT, so I called several doctors' offices in NY, CT and MA and the prices were roughly the same. I went to a doctor in Stamford. This guy: http://greencardmedicals.com/

We did around $350-400 for adults (I don't remember exactly) and $175 for kids.

I am not sure about the province yet. Depends on the job situation.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Wow, the prices have gone up! For me it was around $400. I live in CT, so I called several doctors' offices in NY, CT and MA and the prices were roughly the same. I went to a doctor in Stamford. This guy: http://greencardmedicals.com/

We did around $350-400 for adults (I don't remember exactly) and $175 for kids.

I am not sure about the province yet. Depends on the job situation.
Can I ask you one more question?
Did you have to submit the copy of 'trudovaya knizhka' (labor book) post-ITA along with your job reference letters? Same for 'voenniy bilet'.
I noticed it in country-specific requirements for Russia, but under a different PR class (family sponsorship). Couldn't find it under the EE checklist though.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Can I ask you one more question?
Did you have to submit the copy of 'trudovaya knizhka' (labor book) post-ITA along with your job reference letters? Same for 'voenniy bilet'.
I noticed it in country-specific requirements for Russia, but under a different PR class (family sponsorship). Couldn't find it under the EE checklist though.
No, don't provide those documents unless they ask you to do so. The best way is to provide only those documents that are required - more paperwork leads to more possibilities of issues with it

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No, don't provide those documents unless they ask you to do so. The best way is to provide only those documents that are required - more paperwork leads to more possibilities of issues with it
Thanks! I wasn't going to provide it upfront and I even have no idea where mine is. Good to know it's not required.

Waiting for my IELTS results now, and hope that the EE score won't skyrocket.

John Cohen

Oct 18, 2019
Hi everyone

I am a Canadian PR holder and my Ukrainian girlfriend has 10 year multi-entry visitor visa. We are now trying to get her a work permit so she can work in Canada. Is there a quicker and easier way to get an open work permit for her without a job offer and Labour Market Impact Assessment?
Thanks.