+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Russians/Ukrainians/Soviets in here?

IcedCoffee

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
mashamasha said:
@IcedCoffee @div almost there! best of luck to you both! the home stretch is always the worst.
Thank you, mashamasha :)

dyv

May 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
File Transfer...
13-04-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-07-2016
mashamasha said:
@IcedCoffee @div almost there! best of luck to you both! the home stretch is always the worst.
Thank you, mashamasha!

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone clarify the situation with certified translations for me? How do I go about translating my PCC from Russian MVD? I currently reside outside Russia and have a PCC in Russian... Do I go to a local certified translator (I am in Kazakhstan) or do I send my scans to Canada? Please advise! Many, many thanks!

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mashamasha said:
Can someone clarify the situation with certified translations for me? How do I go about translating my PCC from Russian MVD? I currently reside outside Russia and have a PCC in Russian... Do I go to a local certified translator (I am in Kazakhstan) or do I send my scans to Canada? Please advise! Many, many thanks!
I would simply get them translated and notarized in the country of residence.
I have already done that with my current papers and plan to do so with PCC after I receive an ITA.

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
I would simply get them translated and notarized in the country of residence.
I have already done that with my current papers and plan to do so with PCC after I receive an ITA.
Thanks, Dedicated! I thought it had to be done by a professional translator only... But then I took a closer look at the website and found this:

Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language). If the translation is not provided by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, the translation must be accompanied by an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

In Canada:

a notary public
a commissioner of oaths
a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:
a notary public

Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mashamasha said:
Thanks, Dedicated! I thought it had to be done by a professional translator only... But then I took a closer look at the website and found this:

Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language). If the translation is not provided by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, the translation must be accompanied by an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

In Canada:

a notary public
a commissioner of oaths
a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:
a notary public

Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.
I have the following in my documents:

Translated by TRANSLATOR'S NAME

I, the notary of Notary Office in NAME OF THE CENTER/CITY

Certify the authenticity of signature of TRANSLATOR'S NAME known to me as a translator

Register No.
Fee charged
Notary: Signature
Stamp of Ministry of Justice.
No affidavit. I wonder if it's enough...

kulyoma

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masha, just get the professional translator to translate the doc and the notary to certify his-her signature.
If you need contacts of translator/notary in Almaty, let me know. Good luck!

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kulyoma said:
Masha, just get the professional translator to translate the doc and the notary to certify his-her signature.
If you need contacts of translator/notary in Almaty, let me know. Good luck!
Thanks so much, Leyla! I would greatly appreciate a translator contact if you already used them and are happy with the service :) I also asked about translations in the "Ready Reference" thread and heard that an affidavit is needed for non-certified translations.

DelPiero07 said:
Definitely do not translate the documents yourself. There are two ways to get it done.

1 - You find a certified translator - http://www.cttic.org/chercher.asp - he translates the documents and that's it.
2 - You find a non-certified translator - he translates the documents but in this case an affidavit and the notarization is required.

Cheers ;)

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
mashamasha said:
I ordered Russian PCC + translation through russian consulate in Toronto. They offer translation and notary services. That was accepted with no problem. Check if you can do the same in Kazakhstan

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pfse said:
I ordered Russian PCC + translation through russian consulate in Toronto. They offer translation and notary services. That was accepted with no problem. Check if you can do the same in Kazakhstan
Thank you for the recommendation!

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone! Quick question: have the VOs requested trudovaya knizhka from any of you and at what stage in the application? Do I need to attach it with my application or should I wait until they request it?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mashamasha said:
Hello everyone! Quick question: have the VOs requested trudovaya knizhka from any of you and at what stage in the application? Do I need to attach it with my application or should I wait until they request it?
I have never heard of it. The reference letters must suffice because they provide all the required information. And, besides that, is not the employment record book always with your current employer? So technically there is no way to obtain it...

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
I have never heard of it. The reference letters must suffice because they provide all the required information. And, besides that, is not the employment record book always with your current employer? So technically there is no way to obtain it...
I spoke with the Immigration Consultant and he said this is the first thing VOs ask for if it wasn't submitted as part of the application. He said that it is a very important document, because there are many cases of misrepresentation with Russians. He also said that the experience in trudovaya must match the experience as submitted in the EE application. Was wondering if anyone had experienced a request for trudovaya knizhka?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mashamasha said:
I spoke with the Immigration Consultant and he said this is the first thing VOs ask for if it wasn't submitted as part of the application. He said that it is a very important document, because there are many cases of misrepresentation with Russians. He also said that the experience in trudovaya must match the experience as submitted in the EE application. Was wondering if anyone had experienced a request for trudovaya knizhka?
If it is not in the list of the required documents, how can they demand it? I just don't understand...

There is not even a placeholder for it...