+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Russians/Ukrainians/Soviets in here?

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dedicated said:
If it is not in the list of the required documents, how can they demand it? I just don't understand...

There is not even a placeholder for it...
Not immediately, but when your case is reviewed by the Visa Office (Moscow or Vienna), which is usually when it is 4-6 months into processing, they request it. So you can either attach it in the beginning as part of your employment records or you can wait until they ask for it, which may or may not be the case. But again.. my consultant told me it is almost a 100% chance they will.

Just wanted a second opinion from people who have already received PPR?

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mashamasha said:
Not immediately, but when your case is reviewed by the Visa Office (Moscow or Vienna), which is usually when it is 4-6 months into processing, they request it. So you can either attach it in the beginning as part of your employment records or you can wait until they ask for it, which may or may not be the case. But again.. my consultant told me it is almost a 100% chance they will.
Okay. Thank you for letting us know. Another hoop that we have to jump through...
I hope Ankara VO won't request it. Let's see.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
mashamasha said:
Hello everyone! Quick question: have the VOs requested trudovaya knizhka from any of you and at what stage in the application? Do I need to attach it with my application or should I wait until they request it?
Not required but you may attach it anyway if you wish. The most important document is a reference letter describing the job you're claiming points for printed on company letterhead an stated your duties, work hours, salary and employment dates. Anything else is not required but may support you case (I.e. record of employment, трудовая книжка, tax returns etc.). You don't need to prove jobs that you don't claim points for, just mention it in personal history. I know many Russians in Toronto but never heard someone have been asked for трудовая книжка.

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pfse said:
Not required but you may attach it anyway if you wish. The most important document is a reference letter describing the job you're claiming points for printed on company letterhead an stated your duties, work hours, salary and employment dates. Anything else is not required but may support you case (I.e. record of employment, трудовая книжка, tax returns etc.). You don't need to prove jobs that you don't claim points for, just mention it in personal history. I know many Russians in Toronto but never heard someone have been asked for трудовая книжка.
Thanks so much. I am asking because there is a slight discrepancy with the dates I have been actually employed and the entries in my трудовая книжка. It is pretty common for employers to only make an entry once the person passes the probation period, which in my case was six months. Now, this is for an experience I am claiming points for, and my reference letter includes the dates of my actual employment. I am just past the three-years work experience required to grant me an ITA, and am worried that if this experience is questioned, they are going to trust трудовая more. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
mashamasha said:
Thanks so much. I am asking because there is a slight discrepancy with the dates I have been actually employed and the entries in my трудовая книжка. It is pretty common for employers to only make an entry once the person passes the probation period, which in my case was six months. Now, this is for an experience I am claiming points for, and my reference letter includes the dates of my actual employment. I am just past the three-years work experience required to grant me an ITA, and am worried that if this experience is questioned, they are going to trust трудовая more. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Are you claiming points for the past job, not the current one? Waiting another 6 months is not an option? If so, I would submit the application without тк. If employment is under questions, ircc tends to call employer directly to verify experience instead of asking for record of employment but in case they ask it anyway, you can submit it with attached letter from your employer explainig discrepancy in the dates. To minimize chances they questioning your employment, submit some additional proofs if available, such as tax returns and pay slips.

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think I could wait a few more months, but I have received an ITA and really want to submit, because who knows what kind of changes are coming. If I do decide to wait, though, should I decline the ITA and make sure that my experience in the EE profile matches my тк?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
mashamasha said:
I think I could wait a few more months, but I have received an ITA and really want to submit, because who knows what kind of changes are coming. If I do decide to wait, though, should I decline the ITA and make sure that my experience in the EE profile matches my тк?
Yes, you may decline ita or just let it expire. Again, the reference letter is the "main" document, so EE profile should match your experience in reference letter, not in тк. It is better if you could get reference letter matching your тк, but you will still need to disclose these "missing months" in the personal history section. Personally, having good proofs for my work experience (i.e pay slips and ref. letter) I wouldn't bother too much about тк and would go ahead and apply for PR.

kor03

Nov 11, 2016
Hi to all, can you advise me about payment methods available from Ukraine for the OINP nomination. It must be, Bank draft or money order. Thanks!

Eksler

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Hi. Neither I was asked to submit my трудовая, nor I heard about anybody who had to do this, though I read that some people attach it to their applications. At least it was true for 2015. If you work in a small company you're not required to have one. As well as if you work on contract. You can also lose it or forget at your previous employer without any serious consequences, as all the data is currently online and can be easily accessible by pension fund without that outdated книжки.

You should probably change your solicitor or do everything by yourself. Practice shows that solicitors are just a waste of money and in 99% they are absolutely useless.

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eksler said:
Hi. Neither I was asked to submit my трудовая, nor I heard about anybody who had to do this, though I read that some people attach it to their applications. At least it was true for 2015. If you work in a small company you're not required to have one. As well as if you work on contract. You can also lose it or forget at your previous employer without any serious consequences, as all the data is currently online and can be easily accessible by pension fund without that outdated книжки.

You should probably change your solicitor or do everything by yourself. Practice shows that solicitors are just a waste of money and in 99% they are absolutely useless.
Thank you so much. Greatly appreciate it. I did get a pension fund statement as well, and the dates of my employment match with the dates in my трудовая книжка. It's just the Russian way of doing things and skipping on paying taxes for your employees. Anyway, I believe if I cannot provide sufficient evidence that I have in fact been employed longer than on paper, the best option is to decline ITA and wait until I accrue the months I am missing in my current job. Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated.

mashamasha

Star Member
Mar 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pfse said:
Yes, you may decline ita or just let it expire. Again, the reference letter is the "main" document, so EE profile should match your experience in reference letter, not in тк. It is better if you could get reference letter matching your тк, but you will still need to disclose these "missing months" in the personal history section. Personally, having good proofs for my work experience (i.e pay slips and ref. letter) I wouldn't bother too much about тк and would go ahead and apply for PR.
Thanks so much for your response, pfse. My main concern is that for the months I have not been "officially" employed, I was working overseas a lot, travelling nearly every month for expanded periods of time, as we were launching the brand internationally. Now I am afraid that it would raise questions as I have no proof other than a reference letter to confirm that I have in fact been working during those months. My reference letter confirms that I have been working on expanding the brand's exposure internationally. Do you still think it is a good idea to apply for PR at this time? I could also try and get copies of payslips, but would that be enough? I am very hesitant to decline the invite because of CIC's new scoring system, and am afraid that my 481 points wouldn't get me an invite anytime soon.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
  • mashamasha said:
    Thanks so much for your response, pfse. My main concern is that for the months I have not been "officially" employed, I was working overseas a lot, travelling nearly every month for expanded periods of time, as we were launching the brand internationally. Now I am afraid that it would raise questions as I have no proof other than a reference letter to confirm that I have in fact been working during those months. My reference letter confirms that I have been working on expanding the brand's exposure internationally. Do you still think it is a good idea to apply for PR at this time? I could also try and get copies of payslips, but would that be enough? I am very hesitant to decline the invite because of CIC's new scoring system, and am afraid that my 481 points wouldn't get me an invite anytime soon.
    Yes, I still think it's a good idea to apply. Even if they refuse your application, you may still apply again and the only thing you lose is the money you paid for it. Any way, no one can guaranty that if you decline ITA now and apply later, your application will be approved. Regarding your situation, the only mandatory document IRCC request as a proof for work experience is a "reference letter". If you can get payslips as well, that should be more than sufficient.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
        • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
        • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
      • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
        should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
        should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
        if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Lupus

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

Anyone from Ukraine/Russia still waiting for PPR?

My AOR is Jan 12, BC PNP inland

lecos

Mar 20, 2017
Help needed! Anyone in Ukraine had their fingerprints taken in Kiev? I must send my fingerprints in order to obtain a police certificate from Hong Kong.

Teemka

Jul 11, 2018
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if I need to translate the apostille for Kazakhstan diploma?
I have my Kazakh diploma translated into English before i sent it for apostille. And I received it with apostille and stamp in Kazakh language. Can I just send apostilled diploma and translation to WES or I need to translate apostille and stamp prior posting for ECA.