+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Am-I-Ineligible

Aug 27, 2015
Hi I am forum newbie, but desperately need help understanding why I am EE ineligible for FSWP.

Here is my situation
- I am British, live in the UK, 37 single male, no dependents and can bring adequate funds to support myself (>31,291 CAD)
- I score 76 on the eligibility calculator (satisifying the 67 threshold)
- I calculated my CRS as 437
- IELTS score 8.5 passed in August 2015 (I have worked around the CIC bug that displays "Has XXXX taken an approved language test to assess their French skills?" even when you select English from the previous dropdown, by selecting "Yes" and providing my IELTS results.)
- Master's degree with ECA# in August 2015 (I have tried submitting the form with and without mentioning my undergrad degree, nothing helped)
- NOC 2171 with 11 contiguous years experience
- Territory preference ON and BC
- No job offer, no CAN relatives, no CAN experience

I have tried to enter the EE pool multiple times and each time i get "Profile Ineligible" :eek:

Here are the reasons given each time, none of which make any sense:
Reasons you would not be
eligible for Express Entry include:
• not having a valid language test
• language test results that are more than two years old
• a language test score that is too low
• not having enough relevant work experience
• not having the required education level
• not having enough funds

CIC call centers block UK calls, so I feel I am running out of options...Please can someone help me :'(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Am-I-Ineligible said:
Hi I am forum newbie, but desperately need help understanding why I am EE ineligible for FSWP.

Here is my situation
- I am British, live in the UK, 37 single male, no dependents and can bring adequate funds to support myself (>31,291 CAD)
- IELTS score 8.5 passed in August 2015 (I have worked around the CIC bug that displays "Has XXXX taken an approved language test to assess their French skills?" even when you select English from the previous dropdown, by selecting "Yes" and providing my IELTS results.)
- Master's degree with ECA# in August 2015 (I have tried submitting the form with and without mentioning my undergrad degree, nothing helped)

I have tried to enter the EE pool multiple times and each time i get "Profile Ineligible" :eek:

Reasons you would not be

CIC call centers block UK calls, so I feel I am running out of options...Please can someone help me :'(
You are eligible for EE. I just tried a mock exercise on the 'Come to Canada' tool using the information you provided and I was informed by the system that the profile is eligible for EE.

Try again and start with the 'Come to Canada' tool.

Am-I-Ineligible

Aug 27, 2015
Hi Asivad,

Thanks for replying and taking the time to try it out, but my problem happens at the next step.
I start with the "Come to Canada" tool, it tells me I am eligible, I then go through to the profile creation steps, provide all of my details in full and transmit my application. Usually about 30-45mins later I get an email saying there is a message against my EE profile. I access my account and download the pdf message, which states the following:

Dear XXXXXX

You are not eligible for Express Entry
To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker
Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on your
profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs. Reasons you would not be
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you can take steps to improve your qualifications and
register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your language score or gain a
higher level of education.

Its the same thing every time (I have tried 4 times already and have a 5th profile ready to be submitted), its clearly an automated response which is being triggered incorrectly, and I am unable to progress past it.
Although I am tempted to try and see if having a job offer would tip me over the edge, I won't try it, since you need to electronically sign the form declaring that it contains the truth. Am I a lost cause?

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Am-I-Ineligible: It sounds like you did everything right... But perhaps an option would be that you upload the form you sent (I think one can look at sent applications and print / download them), and we could go through it and see if we notice anything that might cause the problem?

Am-I-Ineligible

Aug 27, 2015
Did it again this morning....5th time worked a charm!

I realise my mistake was trying to fill out the forms at 1am, which wasnt a smart idea :)
I spotted where my problem was, I had mistakenly selected "In good standing, but no award" for my masters degree, and then gotten into the habit of selecting the first option each time i retried. ???

Time to hit the job bank!

deepalivg

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hi,
I have few questions for applying:
1. My Husband has 13 years of banking experience and he is an MBA. Can he apply under FSW?
2. How to apply for 1 year old daughter under FSW if both parents are applying under FSW?
3. One of my qualification degree institute is not ready to attest, how to proceed for ECA?
4. Can we apply for ECA and FSW together or we need to get ECA first to apply for FSW?
5. What is the processing time for PR under FSW applied from India. DO I have to submit PR documents to New Delhi office?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepalivg said:
Hi,
I have few questions for applying:
1. My Husband has 13 years of banking experience and he is an MBA. Can he apply under FSW?

Yes.

2. How to apply for 1 year old daughter under FSW if both parents are applying under FSW?

She will be a part of your application.

3. One of my qualification degree institute is not ready to attest, how to proceed for ECA?

There is no workaround for this. You will have to figure out if you need that particular degree assessed or not. For PA's spouse, ECA is not mandatory.

4. Can we apply for ECA and FSW together or we need to get ECA first to apply for FSW?

ECA for PA (Principal Applicant) is mandatory. You can't create an EE profile without that.

5. What is the processing time for PR under FSW applied from India. DO I have to submit PR documents to New Delhi office?

EE is completely online, all document submissions happen through the portal. Local visa office is hardly involved throughout the process. Processing time is typically 4-6 months from the time of post ITA document submissions.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Am-I-Ineligible said:

Here is my situation

Reasons you would not be

Remove your territory option BC. The don't encourage anyone without tie. U just select all province .

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Hmm, that's news to me. According to the fact sheet, you remain in the pool for one year only, but after that you can create a new profile.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-spo-sheet.asp

shqkrkwk

Aug 1, 2015
Hi..
I got ITA and prepare IMM documents.

Do I have to sign IMM document(schedule A)?; Print, sign, Scan and upload.

Thank you for your help.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Frenz...
For ECA ....My highest qualification is bachelor degree through CORRESPONDENCE ...does it mandatory that study must be REGULAR for ECA????
And after short term course in web designing..i worked as webdesigner...now would it be a problem? Coz my bachelors is in arts???
Anyone plz help...

vipsv

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hello ,

DO i have to show $12000 as CEC applicant, even if i have FT job?

Which documents should i show for Proof of Means of Financial Support as CEC applicant in Canada.?

How do i show home ownership in Canada? I mean which document?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vipsv said:
Hello ,

DO i have to show $12000 as CEC applicant, even if i have FT job?

Which documents should i show for Proof of Means of Financial Support as CEC applicant in Canada.?

How do i show home ownership in Canada? I mean which document?
If you are invited under CEC, you are exempted from POF requirements.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna_1979 said:
Thank you Duskyblue... Appreciate your help... yes, I am also finding the similar information but my concern is, if a candidate can be on express entry pool, only for two years, then the ageing of the profile is quite risky... Due to this reason, my wife has not yet created her profile, as we are not sure on this, but I have read it somewhere like that... We both fall under 300-400 points category, so there is no point in her creating profile unless the points start dropping majorly. Hence, only I have created my EE profile...
If this news is true, we are in risk, as already our profile is at least 6 months old and we will just have 1.5years to be eligible for Express Entry stream...
Dear friends kindly gather some info on this and share...
Profile is valid for 1 year from the date of creation. After that, this profile will be deactivated and you can immediately create a new profile.

deepalivg

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
We want to apply for Canadian PR, however we have Brother in law settled in Australia and he is asking us to come and settle there.
So I wanted to take an opinion here to support our decision:
Which country would you prefer - Canada or Australia from below aspects:
1. Children education
2. Job security in finance industry
3. Health / medical assistance by government.
4. Weather
5. Cost of living