+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MonaInCanada said:
Sorry for not provide all the information at once. I have one year foreign work experience.

I got 38 for 2nd sub-section (Foreign work experience – With Canadian work experience)
-1 year foreign work experience + CLB 7: 13
-1 year foreign work experience + 2 year Canadian work experience : 25

The 50 pts I mentioned is only for the 1st sub-section (Education):
If my bachelor counts:(total: 75)
-Two or More + CLB 7: 25
-Two or More + two years Canadian work experience : 50

Otherwise:(total 38)
-One post-secondary + CLB 7 : 13
-Post secondary + 2 year Canadian work experience: 25
In all, you have been awarded 88/100 for Skills Transferability.

That is exactly how it should be because the maximum you can score in each of the sub-sections is 50. In the first sub-section, you score 50 on basis of your Master and 2+ years of Canadian work experience and you max out there. In the second sub-section, you score 38 out of 50 because you don't have neither CLB 9 nor 2+ years of foreign work experience. You could have score 50 here even if you had 3+ years of foreign work experience.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!

MonaInCanada

Aug 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
In all, you have been awarded 88/100 for Skills Transferability.

That is exactly how it should be because the maximum you can score in each of the sub-sections is 50. In the first sub-section, you score 50 on basis of your Master and 2+ years of Canadian work experience and you max out there. In the second sub-section, you score 38 out of 50 because you don't have neither CLB 9 nor 2+ years of foreign work experience. You could have score 50 here even if you had 3+ years of foreign work experience.

Hope that clarifies. All the best!
Didn't realize there is maximum for each sub-section. Thank you for your help.
So for this case, do I still need ECA for my non-Canadian Bachelor?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MonaInCanada said:
Didn't realize there is maximum for each sub-section. Thank you for your help.
So for this case, do I still need ECA for my non-Canadian Bachelor?
Not at all. You've been awarded points based on your highest credential - Canadian Masters.

deepalivg

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hi,
My husband has 13 years of bank experience but no experience in Canada.Do we stand a chance to apply under express entry. He is preparing for his IELTS test next month. We are below 40.

Deepali

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepalivg said:
Hi,
My husband has 13 years of bank experience but no experience in Canada.Do we stand a chance to apply under express entry. He is preparing for his IELTS test next month. We are below 40.

Deepali
Calculate your projected CRS score here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

You will need the IELTS results and equivalency of your spouse's education credentials to calculate your score.

Follow this link to understand the EE process ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html;msg4108507#msg4108507

All the best!

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
annakrystyna13 said:
I need some advice.

I was on a work permit (LMO) which expired in February 2015. I applied for a bridging work permit because I was going to apply for LMIA, but unfortunately my employer did not get all the documents ready in time, so I applied for a restoration of status. I have not received any response from CIC, so I am under implied status. In the meantime I received a positive LMIA, and I want to add that to my profile to get the 600 points. My question is, do I need to get the work permit first, or will the LMIA number be sufficient?

Secondly, if I receive ITA, would it be an issue that I don't have a clear status in Canada? (Implied status only)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Anyone??

alrahwan_wy

Aug 3, 2015
Thank you for your cooperation.
I spent 4 years at secondary school and 7 years in the college. I want to know if i should mention my secondary school plus the college academic study or the college academic years are enough?

Balchev

Aug 3, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac,

When you have the time can you just give me a explanation about job education and NOC.
For example:
My wife have a professional education: science, information administrator which i don't know if its suitable for her job experience - NOC 1241. Her exact job title for the last couple of years is : Administrative secretary of CEO.
How and where can you find out if her professional education is the correct one for her job experience?
Is it a huge factor after all to be exact as her job experience?
Does we really stand a chance for express entry?

Thank you.

Princee

Aug 10, 2015
Hi,
I have another question, albeit of similar type I had asked earlier. I have done Masters in Science with Biotechnology subject from India. While filling out the express entry profile what should I select in level of education field? My WES Report states Bachelors Degree(4 years), but that's Canadian equivalency, whereas in the profile I will have to fill according to my Indian education. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Princee said:
Hi,
I have another question, albeit of similar type I had asked earlier. I have done Masters in Science with Biotechnology subject from India. While filling out the express entry profile what should I select in level of education field? My WES Report states Bachelors Degree(4 years), but that's Canadian equivalency, whereas in the profile I will have to fill according to my Indian education. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
No. You can claim points only for what is in your ECA report so you must choose Bachelors if your ECA report says so.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Balchev said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

When you have the time can you just give me a explanation about job education and NOC.
For example:
My wife have a professional education: science, information administrator which i don't know if its suitable for her job experience - NOC 1241. Her exact job title for the last couple of years is : Administrative secretary of CEO.
How and where can you find out if her professional education is the correct one for her job experience?
Is it a huge factor after all to be exact as her job experience?
Does we really stand a chance for express entry?

Thank you.
You can choose that NOC irrespective of educational credentials provided there is a significant overlap between the NOC main duties and job responsibilities. Education requirements are more recommendations than mandates.