+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Mrecords

Aug 14, 2015
Hi,
I am preparing my Express Entry appplication. I hold a MSc and have 3 years of experience in NOC 2255. I don't have a job offer.
I am about to fill the the ECA form icascanada.ca/IOS/Applications/NewApplicant.aspx

First, the form asks "Report Required For: College, Employment, ...Other", but there is no "Express Entry"
Should I select "Other" and Type "Express Entry" in the text box?

Second, which assessment should I select?
Is "General" enough or should I select "Postsecondary Comprehensive"?

Thank you!

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Tocanadawego said:
This has been discussed in several other threads. There is a glitch in the system where the second question is worded wrongly. This was reported to CIC, and I don't know whether they fixed it or not.
For me this appeared in the spouse section. For the 1st question I answered English, and regardless of the wording of the 2nd question I input IELTS results. I plan on submitting an LOE with the application to explain the discrepancy.
Oh Mann... I didn't notice this, as I seleted English and then it gave me the IELTS for selection. But now I see in my application that in the wording it also says "French" despite the fact I answered English! :-( As I sent it already, I can't add a LOE!

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Hi ,
I was wrking in automobile dealership as mechanic for 2 years after that i did ITI(mechanic trade)..now if i apply under EE my noc would be 7321 which is FST programme....i want to ask will cic accept wrk experience which is before my qualification or they just need experience letter...
Graduation-2011(arts)
Wrk experience as mechanic- 2011 to 2013
ITI-2013 to 2015...
Do i need to get experience again? Or this would be fine..
Thanks

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Duskyblue said:
Oh Mann... I didn't notice this, as I seleted English and then it gave me the IELTS for selection. But now I see in my application that in the wording it also says "French" despite the fact I answered English! :-( As I sent it already, I can't add a LOE!
I'm sure it'll be fine as you did nothing wrong on your part. Besides, by now, CIC must be aware of the problem so I don't see why they would be punishing applicants for it.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Hey guys i need help...i just got my supervisor LMIA 2 days ago ....but i found out i need at least one year skill experience to apply for EE..unfortunately i dot have any...any suggestion how will i apply for EE? Thanks in advance..pls help ..

Mehki

Aug 15, 2015
Dear All,
I am currently in Canada on a work permit post my education. My work permit is expiring in Oct 2016.

I am working in a company since Dec 2014 on payroll. However, I am not able to procure a LMIA since my designation is supervisor but there is no team under me on payroll to supervise.

I have already spent 8 months in this job, can I switch my job now to another bigger company in the same industry/ role . Will my experience of 8 months go waste or get counted towards total work experience requirement of 1 year.

Need advise from fellow forum mates.

Thanks

Mehki

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Mehki said:
Dear All,
I am currently in Canada on a work permit post my education. My work permit is expiring in Oct 2016.

I am working in a company since Dec 2014 on payroll. However, I am not able to procure a LMIA since my designation is supervisor but there is no team under me on payroll to supervise.

I have already spent 8 months in this job, can I switch my job now to another bigger company in the same industry/ role . Will my experience of 8 months go waste or get counted towards total work experience requirement of 1 year.

Need advise from fellow forum mates.

Thanks

Mehki

Mehki, if your job falls in NOC O,A,B you will get benefit of 8 months as long as you get reference letter from employer. In CEC experience doesnot have to be just 1 company for 1 year. You can do 1 year in more than 1 company.

Richie....

Apr 15, 2015
Hello Guys!!

I have read about this in the forum but still not sure what to mention in EE profile.
I have a bachelors from FOREIGN country and Masters from Canada. Now I have read in the forum that we do not need to evaluate bachelors when we have a masters from Canada(thanks to Asivad and others). But, my question is that do we even need to mention bachelors degree in Education section when we have mentioned masters from Canada.
Would it be a misrepresentation? Do we require full DISCLOSURE for education(bachelors from FOREIGN country+masters from canada).

And, if I am correct, we do not need full DISCLOSURE of work experience as well. We just need to update the work, for which we have reference letter,right.

Thank you.

4AB Mom

Aug 11, 2015
My husband just received his express entry with 181 points. His prior application he withdrew for this much "IMPROVED" Express app. Yet that application had 226 points with more credits applied. No points were given either time for the FULL TIME job/POSITION he holds IN Senior Management. (His prior application had 50 points for CRS skills this time it's zero. Prior gave me, his spouse, 5 points, this application zero puts. ( I have 4 year degree) Neither gave him ANY points for Arranged Employment - Yet he is working here for past 3 years. This is a VALID JOB. With omitted points and his 3 year job he should have 836 points by our estimate. Any suggestions about who or how to contact at CIC? Would appreciate this very much. Thank you kindly for your genuine interest in helping us navigate this system.
;) :eek: :)

Aug 11, 2015
Hi,

Is it okay if I will put " Zero" on the proof of funds on my post-ITA even though I put an amount on the pre-ITA? I am under CEC, will funds really matter on the assessment?

TIA

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Richie.... said:
Hello Guys!!

I have read about this in the forum but still not sure what to mention in EE profile.
I have a bachelors from FOREIGN country and Masters from Canada. Now I have read in the forum that we do not need to evaluate bachelors when we have a masters from Canada(thanks to Asivad and others). But, my question is that do we even need to mention bachelors degree in Education section when we have mentioned masters from Canada.
Would it be a misrepresentation? Do we require full DISCLOSURE for education(bachelors from FOREIGN country+masters from canada).

And, if I am correct, we do not need full DISCLOSURE of work experience as well. We just need to update the work, for which we have reference letter,right.

Thank you.
Full disclosure is not required for education or work experience. For education, you will get the points for highest completed educational credential. In your case, that is Canadian Masters and if it enough if you showcase just that. There is no need to include Bachelors, high school et al in education history. If you retain them, you will be prompted for ECA. You can also choose NO to ECA and upload degree certificate if prompted.

Same is the case with work history. Provide work experience which gets you CRS points. If you have work experience which doesn't get you points, you can choose to leave it out of your history. If you retain it, you will be asked for reference letters.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
secondchance14 said:
Hi,

Is it okay if I will put " Zero" on the proof of funds on my post-ITA even though I put an amount on the pre-ITA? I am under CEC, will funds really matter on the assessment?

TIA
If you were invited under CEC, you are exempted from POF requirements. Change it to Zero in post ITA profile, you won't be prompted for POF and you can choose to attach an LOE to explain these actions.

Aug 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If you were invited under CEC, you are exempted from POF requirements. Change it to Zero in post ITA profile, you won't be prompted for POF and you can choose to attach an LOE to explain these actions.
Thank you Asivad Anac ;)

rahulbakshi

Apr 8, 2015
Hello friends,

I have a question regarding PCC - Police Clearance Certificate.

• I am an Indian Citizen. I have lived in India for more than 25 years.
  • I went to Singapore and stayed there for 4 months only.
  • Iam currently living in Dubai (UAE). I have moved here recently. Just 15 days here. I have a work permit and will be staying here in Dubai till I get PR of Canada.

Now my questions are:

• Do I need to get PCC from Singapore. (It is written that PCC is required if a person lives in a country for more than 6 months.)
  • Do I need PCC from Dubai (UAE). I have recently moved here. But I will be a permanent resident here.
  • How do I get PCC from India? Do I get it from Consulate in Dubai or from Delhi Online portal??

Seniors please suggest.

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahulbakshi said:
Hello friends,

I have a question regarding PCC - Police Clearance Certificate.

• I am an Indian Citizen. I have lived in India for more than 25 years.
  • I went to Singapore and stayed there for 4 months only.
  • Iam currently living in Dubai (UAE). I have moved here recently. Just 15 days here. I have a work permit and will be staying here in Dubai till I get PR of Canada.

Now my questions are:

• Do I need to get PCC from Singapore. (It is written that PCC is required if a person lives in a country for more than 6 months.)
  • Do I need PCC from Dubai (UAE). I have recently moved here. But I will be a permanent resident here.
  • How do I get PCC from India? Do I get it from Consulate in Dubai or from Delhi Online portal??

Seniors please suggest.

Regards
You don't need PCC from anywhere except India, for now. If you continue living in Dubai for more than 6 months in a row, you will then need a PCC from there.

Apply for Indian PCC at your nearest embassy/consulate ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/india.asp