+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gupti said:
Thanks for your advice. I was just concerned that because they ask for education credentials and I had declared that I had done A Levels, I would need to provide these as well because they are on my post secondary education history.
You are awarded points only for your highest education credentials. Your other credentials are subsumed into your highest education credentials automatically. So you don't need o even showcase them in education history leave alone get an ECA for them.

If you already have an ECA, you can certainly add those to your profile. There will be no impact on your PR application whether you attach your A levels or not.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
I need some advice.

I was on a work permit (LMO) which expired in February 2015. I applied for a bridging work permit because I was going to apply for LMIA, but unfortunately my employer did not get all the documents ready in time, so I applied for a restoration of status. I have not received any response from CIC, so I am under implied status. In the meantime I received a positive LMIA, and I want to add that to my profile to get the 600 points. My question is, do I need to get the work permit first, or will the LMIA number be sufficient?

Secondly, if I receive ITA, would it be an issue that I don't have a clear status in Canada? (Implied status only)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

pratz

Aug 11, 2015
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
I have 3 years and 10 months of work experience as mechanical design engineer. I am pursuing Masters in Engineering at a University in Canada. Do I need to have my Bachelor's degree assessed for applying to Express Entry? Because as I am doing my Masters in Canadian University it proves that my Bachelor's degree was assessed by a Canadian institution and was found appropriate.

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Anyone has details about Ontario PNP like how many nominations already done and how many still left ?

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
I need an advice.

Me with my spouse are planning on entering Express Entry. However, we will get enough points (about 450) only after I get my diploma, and that will happen next summer.
Now, we are considering two options:
1. Wait till I receive my diploma (next summer), submit a full application with all documents, receive ~450 points and wait in the pool.
2. My spouse submits the application right away with everything we currently have on hand (that is, without my diploma and without required amount of points), then, next summer, we update the profile with my newly acquired diploma information, gaining required amount of points.

Questions:
1. Is option number 2 considerably faster in bringing us to the pool with ~450 points? That is, is updating the profile with diploma information considerably faster? Are there any estimates on how long will that process take until the number of points is updated?
2. Is updating profile with newly acquired diploma information free?

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quarko said:
I need an advice.

Me with my spouse are planning on entering Express Entry. However, we will get enough points (about 450) only after I get my diploma, and that will happen next summer.
Now, we are considering two options:
1. Wait till I receive my diploma (next summer), submit a full application with all documents, receive ~450 points and wait in the pool.
2. My spouse submits the application right away with everything we currently have on hand (that is, without my diploma and without required amount of points), then, next summer, we update the profile with my newly acquired diploma information, gaining required amount of points.

Questions:
1. Is option number 2 considerably faster in bringing us to the pool with ~450 points? That is, is updating the profile with diploma information considerably faster? Are there any estimates on how long will that process take until the number of points is updated?
2. Is updating profile with newly acquired diploma information free?

Thanks in advance.
If your points lie between 400 and 450, there is some merit in creating a profile and getting into the pool right away. Else, create a profile after getting our diploma. EE profile will stay active for exactly one year from the date of creation. There are no charges for creating or updating an EE profile.

shweta.swiss

Aug 12, 2015
Hello,

Need help with the spouse IELTS score. My spouse has scored the below. Please tell me if these are eligible scores to be entered into the system or has he to appear again for IELTS. Will the system consider overall score as ZERO if the score in any subject is less than 5? please explain and help.

Listening - 6.0
Reading - 4.5
Writing - 5.5
Speaking - 7.0
OVERALL - 6.0

Thanks,
Shweta

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shweta.swiss said:
Hello,

Need help with the spouse IELTS score. My spouse has scored the below. Please tell me if these are eligible scores to be entered into the system or has he to appear again for IELTS. Will the system consider overall score as ZERO if the score in any subject is less than 5? please explain and help.

Listening - 6.0
Reading - 4.5
Writing - 5.5
Speaking - 7.0
OVERALL - 6.0

Thanks,
Shweta
If your spouse is the PA, they will be ineligible based on these scores and will need 6 in EACH section to be eligible. If you're the PA, these IELTS scores can be used to get additional CRS points.

deepalivg

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Hi,
After getting PR under Express entry, within how many months a person is required compulsoriliy to come and start staying in Canada.

Deepali

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deepalivg said:
Hi,
After getting PR under Express entry, within how many months a person is required compulsoriliy to come and start staying in Canada.

Deepali
You will have to 'land' once in Canada within 1 year of your Medicals or passport expiry date, whichever is earlier. After that landing, you can choose to return to your home country but you will have to spend 2 years out of the next 5 years in Canada (can be a single stay or accumulated over multiple stays) to maintain PR status.

alrahwan_wy

Aug 3, 2015
Thank you for your generous offer. Iam a general practitioner,
If Isubmit EE profile before receiving my ECA, will it be ineligible?
The answer for the question about how many years academic study did I completed, should I mention secondary school as well as the college?
Thank you
Looking forward to hearing from you
Yours dr walaa

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alrahwan_wy said:
Thank you for your generous offer. Iam a general practitioner,
If Isubmit EE profile before receiving my ECA, will it be ineligible?
The answer for the question about how many years academic study did I completed, should I mention secondary school as well as the college?
Thank you
Looking forward to hearing from you
Yours dr walaa
The system will prompt for ECA reference number while creating EE profile and you won't be able to proceed without providing a valid input.

I can't recall the exact wordings for the 2nd question so mention overall years of academic study if that is the import of that question.

MonaInCanada

Aug 12, 2015
Hi:

I am confused about how to calculate points of Skill Transferability factors education section. I just got invited under Federal Skill Worker Program and I got 50 for that section with a Canadian master degree and a non-Canadian bachelor (no ECA, also check no when I create my EE profile), two years Canadian working experience. My IELTS is 7(Reading), 7(Speaking), 6.5(Listening), 6.5(Writing) which I believe is less than CLB9.

If I am still qualified for Two or more post-secondary program credentials without having an ECA for my bachelor degree, my total points should be 25+50 = 75;

If am not, it should be 13+25 = 38;

I am not sure whether I need an ECA for my non-Canadian bachelor degree based on my current points and have no idea why I got 50 pts in total. Also If my points is still meet the invitation requirements with 38pt for that section. I can still apply or do I need to notify cic to recalculate my points before submit my application.

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MonaInCanada said:
Hi:

I am confused about how to calculate points of Skill Transferability factors education section. I just got invited under Federal Skill Worker Program and I got 50 for that section with a Canadian master degree and a non-Canadian bachelor (no ECA, also check no when I create my EE profile), two years Canadian working experience. My IELTS is 7(Reading), 7(Speaking), 6.5(Listening), 6.5(Writing) which I believe is less than CLB9.

If I am still qualified for Two or more post-secondary program credentials without having an ECA for my bachelor degree, my total points should be 25+50 = 75;

If am not, it should be 13+25 = 38;

I am not sure whether I need an ECA for my non-Canadian bachelor degree based on my current points and have no idea why I got 50 pts in total. Also If my points is still meet the invitation requirements with 38pt for that section. I can still apply or do I need to notify cic to recalculate my points before submit my application.

Thank you
If you have zero foreign work experience, you will get 0 points for the 2nd sub-section while you get 50 points for the 1st sub-section corresponding to 2+ years of Canadian work experience AND 'Two or more....'. So your overall points would be 50 for Skills Transferability.

You will get more than 50 on Skills Transferability only if you showcase any foreign (non Canadian) work experience.

MonaInCanada

Aug 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
If you have zero foreign work experience, you will get 0 points for the 2nd sub-section while you get 50 points for the 1st sub-section corresponding to 2+ years of Canadian work experience AND 'Two or more....'. So your overall points would be 50 for Skills Transferability.

You will get more than 50 on Skills Transferability only if you showcase any foreign (non Canadian) work experience.
Sorry for not provide all the information at once. I have one year foreign work experience.

I got 38 for 2nd sub-section (Foreign work experience – With Canadian work experience)
-1 year foreign work experience + CLB 7: 13
-1 year foreign work experience + 2 year Canadian work experience : 25

The 50 pts I mentioned is only for the 1st sub-section (Education):
If my bachelor counts:(total: 75)
-Two or More + CLB 7: 25
-Two or More + two years Canadian work experience : 50

Otherwise:(total 38)
-One post-secondary + CLB 7 : 13
-Post secondary + 2 year Canadian work experience: 25