App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Yes I got refunded the processing fee and the RPRF fee. When you click on the second link , you can select .. express entry but the only option available is include your spouse / dependent to the application .. which includes both fees. Do you know any other section to pay the processing fee if it's refunded? .. once you make the payment I need to attach the receipt to the application ..(there is a place to upload)
i guess that's correct then. gotta add 2 when paying. i have no idea about refunds but that's the only place to pay RPRF in

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi, kindly tell me that I go for eca of my spouse too .
are you asking if you should get an ECA for your wife? If so, then yes, could get more points or even end up putting her as primary

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

QQ - I am currently working and have a 2 year 7 months experience, planning to create my express entry profile this month.
Do i mention my experience to be 2 years? Or do i round off to 3 years considering the whole process would take about 6 months and i would complete 3 years experience eventually.

The difference in years of experience is creating a significant difference in my CRS score.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

You should not round up. If you say it is 3 years experience and submit your profile this month, then get an ITA soon due to a score based on this inaccurate info, your subsequent PR Application can be rejected. What matters is your circumstances including your work experience at the time of receiving an ITA. If on the date you get an ITA you do not truly have 3 years experience or more and you will possibly be setting yourself up for an unpleasant ending. When CIC assesses your PR Application they will recalculate your score to use the correct and precise amount of work experience, and if it falls below what the CRS cutoff was on the day you got ITA your application will be rejected.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
I am working as Pharmacy Technical Assistant And I have License from Ontario College Of Pharmacist for title Pharmacy Technician
but i am still not sure if i should say yes for certificate of qualification (i have heard it is just for Federal skilled trade and i have applied under federal skill worker)
my CRS score is 405 so iwanted to know if i can say yes to certificate of qualification as it is my license to work as a pharmacy technician,
please advice!

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
I am working as Pharmacy Technical Assistant And I have License from Ontario College Of Pharmacist for title Pharmacy Technician
but i am still not sure if i should say yes for certificate of qualification (i have heard it is just for Federal skilled trade and i have applied under federal skill worker)
my CRS score is 405 so iwanted to know if i can say yes to certificate of qualification as it is my license to work as a pharmacy technician,
please advice!

Nish_j

Sep 9, 2017
are you asking if you should get an ECA for your wife? If so, then yes, could get more points or even end up putting her as primary

Thanks for your help ...

Just wondering now that I got my case reopened so that profile becomes active , I had received an invitation from another profile (as was planning to reapply) Do I need to withdraw the application

Noah Adams

Nov 4, 2017
Hi Guys,

Undergoing the procedures for Express entry, there are a few concerns I had in mind.

I think a lot of other people in the process might have the same, so I hope it helps them as well :)

1. In my case, having a Masters Degree from USA and a Bachelors Degree (B.Tech) form India, I am confused about the Educational credential evaluation.

Doubt: Since the CIC website also mentions - you get 135 points for Masters. and 120 for Bachelors.
Assuming getting both evaluated doesn't get you 135+120.

Conclusion: I assume, if I get the Masters credential accessed I will get 135. But is it necessary to get the Bachelors also accessed when you have a Masters ?

Also, not getting the bachelors evaluated and just the Masters credential evaluated leaves some risk ? --> Suggestions

2. The Financial requirements say a min of $12,300(CAD) are needed for a single person -

Assuming it can be a combination of different Banks/countries, what is an amount that is suggested to be safe to show for guaranteed non rejection based on financials.-- suggestions?

Also, will it be okay to show the money in an account where the first name is of the applicant and the second name is of applicant's parent? -- > Does it necessarily have to be in the name of just the applicant?

Thanks in advance..

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hi Guys,

Undergoing the procedures for Express entry, there are a few concerns I had in mind.

I think a lot of other people in the process might have the same, so I hope it helps them as well :)

1. In my case, having a Masters Degree from USA and a Bachelors Degree (B.Tech) form India, I am confused about the Educational credential evaluation.

Doubt: Since the CIC website also mentions - you get 135 points for Masters. and 120 for Bachelors.
Assuming getting both evaluated doesn't get you 135+120.

Conclusion: I assume, if I get the Masters credential accessed I will get 135. But is it necessary to get the Bachelors also accessed when you have a Masters ?

Also, not getting the bachelors evaluated and just the Masters credential evaluated leaves some risk ? --> Suggestions

2. The Financial requirements say a min of $12,300(CAD) are needed for a single person -

Assuming it can be a combination of different Banks/countries, what is an amount that is suggested to be safe to show for guaranteed non rejection based on financials.-- suggestions?

Also, will it be okay to show the money in an account where the first name is of the applicant and the second name is of applicant's parent? -- > Does it necessarily have to be in the name of just the applicant?

Thanks in advance..
1) In most cases, only the highest degree needs to be evaluated. As long as your Masters is from a reputable US university, it should equal a Canadian Masters. You are correct that you will only get points for the Masters, and not points for both.

2) It can be a combination, but keep the different exchange rates in mind. I initially showed $12,500CAD and my app was approved.

avisabes

Sep 26, 2017
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
01-01-2018
Med's Done....
15-12-2017
Passport Req..
21-02-2018
Hi Guys,

Filling up EE profile with my wife as primary applicant (as she has a better ielts score) and me as the secondary applicant.

One clarification: What do I fill in secondary applicant’s (mine) work experience? All my experience is outside Canada. Should I say No work experience or yes and fill all my employment details?

My consultant says I have to fill only my current employer (less than 2 yrs) since it’s less than my wife’s work experience (3 years). I have a total of 11 yrs experience, but my consultant has asked to put only 2 years, Else our profile stands to be rejected as immi officer will ask us to re-apply with me as primary applicant. Is this correct??

I am totally confused. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
Avinash

Caroline1993

May 13, 2017
Hi, I'm from Indonesia and have 1 year NOC A foreign working experience. I have been studying for one year here in Canada and currently looking for job in Vancouver. I have been looking up for the FSW requirements and found a different information regarding the eligibility to apply for PR under FSW.

Aside from IELTS score and my current PGWP permit, would it be possible for me to apply for PR considering I only have one-year foreign working experience and one year study?

Please help.

Thank you.

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
Hello and thanks for starting this thread.
I am not bringing my wife to Canada/she is not coming with me. However, I must indicate her as a family member in "family" section of EE.
Moreover, my wife has a child from her first marriage, who is minor. I do not have a legal custody or guardianship.
Please correct me if I"m wrong - they are both family members and must be indicated. If ITA issued, I can explain it in LOE.
Thank you.

Priyanka1

Dec 3, 2017
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
I am separated from my husband for past 1 year and we have no plans of reconciliation. I want to move to canada. My CRS score is 438. I am hopeful of getting an ITA soon. But my major concern is that i do not have any kind of legal separation document and we haven't applied for divorce yet. Will an affidavit suffice to prove that i am separated from my husband? Or should i cancel my ITA till the time i do not get divorce and then apply again?

hasan mehedi

Dec 3, 2017
I have a registration number ,now cic travels service ask me to pay fee for VISA AUTHORIZATION LATTER AND WORK CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (541 canadian dollers )..have other way ?

Prakash17

Dec 23, 2017
Can someone please help regarding my FSW eligibility and my Years of Work Experience.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Been in the US since last 7 years

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Masters Degree in Computer Science, USA (3 Years)
-- Teaching Assistant (Paid + 20 hrs/week) for the 6 semesters -- [NOC: 4012]
-- 1st Summer: Research Assistant (Paid + 40 hrs/week) -- [NOC: 4012]
-- 2nd Summer: Summer Internship at a Software Company (Paid + 40 hrs/week)

Question 1) Do I full-fill the minimum FSW Eligibility Criteria of having at least 1 Year of FULL-TIME + PAID + CONTINUOUS Work Experience ?

Question 2)
Do I calculate this work experience as

a) [#TA Weeks * (20 hrs/week) / (30 hrs/week)] + [#RA Weeks * (40 hrs/week) / (30 hrs/week)] = FTE #Weeks of TA+RA Work Exp. ?

OR

b) [15 hrs/week * #TA weeks] + [30 hrs/week * #RA Weeks] .. (to see if this equals 1560 hrs) ==> to have 1 Year of Full Time TA+RA Work Exp. ?

One Main Question :
I have been a MS Grad for at least 2 years, during which I worked CONTINUOUSLY as TA/RA (Aug 2010 - May 2012)
==> Fall 2010 (TA, 20 hrs/week) + Spring 2011 (TA, 20 hrs/week) + Summer 2011 (RA, 40 hrs/week) + Fall 2011 (TA, 20 hrs/week) + Spring 2012 (TA, 20 hrs/week)
==> Even though academic years are not 52 weeks ==> Wont these 2 academic years of continuous work qualify me for at least 1 YEAR OF CONTINUOUS + PAID + FULL-TIME WORK EXP ?

Due to Summer Internship in Software Company in Summer 2012 (NOC different from NOC-4012) ==> leads to discontinuity, otherwise: was (TA, 20 hrs/week) for Fall 2012 & Spring 2013.

3) Working on Contract Projects in IT (USA)

A) Company A: Oct 2013 -- May 2015 .. (OPT + H1B)

-- Oct 2013 - July 2014 ==> Paid
-- Aug 2014 -- Sep 2014 ==> NO PAY .. (transition between project + on OPT-EAD)
-- Sep 2014 - May 2015 ==> Paid

Switch from Company A to B (June & July) -- No Pay:

B) Company B: July 2015 --Jan 2017 .. (H1B)

-- Aug 2015 -- March 2016 ==> Paid
-- April 2016 ==> Not Paid
-- May 2016 -- Feb 2017 ==> Paid

Question) Do I full-fill the minimum FSW Eligibility Criteria of having at least 1 Year of FULL-TIME + PAID + CONTINUOUS Work Experience ?

Question) All over, AM I ELIGIBLE FOR FSW ?
Question) If so, How many Total Years of Work Experience can I get from my Experience ?

Please suggest .. Thanks ..

Last edited: