+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

kauser

Apr 15, 2015
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
My crs score with spouse is 458 n without spouse is 462. Can i submit the application without spouse details even though my spouse n kids would accompany me. Is it possible to modify the ee profile as a single applicant

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kauser said:
My crs score with spouse is 458 n without spouse is 462. Can i submit the application without spouse details even though my spouse n kids would accompany me. Is it possible to modify the ee profile as a single applicant
No. If you mark them as 'non accompanying' they won't be able to accompany you as part of this application. You will have to file for family sponsorship at a later date.

Dec 24, 2014
Guys,

I read some of the threads and saw that one possible reason for rejection could be incase if you don't upload all pages of passport (front-back and pages with visas and stamps). I have an issue with my old passport. I left to USA for education in Jan 2002 with my first passport. I visited home (India) every year. So my passport had the stamps for my arrival and departure. Unfortunately, I lost my passport (first passport) in May 2007 while I was in USA. I did file a police report (in USA) and attached a copy of it for my new passport application. In June 2007, I got another passport issued by the Indian Embassy in Chicago. My new passport mentions my old passport number on the last page and it also mentions the same as lost (on the last page of my new passport). I returned back to India for good in Nov 2009. I have travelled to US and UK on this new passport on several occassions. Unfortunately, I have lost the very copy of the police report. Luckily, while going through all my documents, I found a copy of the first page of my old passport and also the US F1 visa that I had on it. But, I neither have a copy of the last page of the old passport, nor the pages of the old passport which had immigration stamps of arrival/departure.

I called up Chicago Police department and requested them if they could check and see if they still had any record of my police report. They told me that they did not keep any police reports for more than 7 years but still encouraged me to send a request either by post or visit them in person to check if they still had anything. I recently sent them the request by post and I have been told that their response time can be upto 6 weeks. My application submission deadline in myCIC is 15th September. I highly doubt if I would get any response from the chicago police department by 15th Sep or they would still have the record of the police report with them. My consultant told me that they would upload the available documents from the old passport and write an explanation for not being able to submit everything from my old passport.

My consultant did not suggest me that it was absolutely necessary to have the police report and thus I did not try for it at the time when I had just received my ITA in July 2015. I can argue with my consultant that wont help my case. Thus, I was wondering if anyone who had a similar situation and how did they go about addressing it.

I really appreciate everyone who has taken the time to read my post and would really appreciate if you have any recommended procedure to handle this situation.

Thanks.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
kauser said:
whatever you entered in the EE and based on that they will send you ITA and after receiving ITA if you change anything which will impact your score then they will reject you outright and block from applying for next few years. You cannot add dependents later after receiving ITA. Your score 458 with spouse has high chances of getting picked so lets be it and go ahead.

hdavachi

Aug 25, 2015
I have a question I would appreciate it if anyone can answer it.

I got invitation from FSW through EE(with positive LMIA). In my check list there are requiring letter of employment from me. The interesting part is that one is the only section that does not have help or info to know what exactly that is.
I have a separate section for offer of employment and employment History. And in eligibility section I said that I don't work right now and visiting Canada.

Does anybody know what I should submit for letter of employment?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
caththisking said:
whatever you entered in the EE and based on that they will send you ITA and after receiving ITA if you change anything which will impact your score then they will reject you outright and block from applying for next few years. You cannot add dependents later after receiving ITA. Your score 458 with spouse has high chances of getting picked so lets be it and go ahead.
Precisely. Yes. 458 is a decent score and you should get your ITA soon. Sponsoring family separately on a later date is going to be painfully time-consuming.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jha190 said:
Do I need a medical if am working as a forestry manager?
You need a medical, regardless of your occupation, regardless of your country of origin and regardless of any other factor. You MUST submit a valid copy of the medical report while submitting your application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hdavachi said:
I have a question I would appreciate it if anyone can answer it.

I got invitation from FSW through EE(with positive LMIA). In my check list there are requiring letter of employment from me. The interesting part is that one is the only section that does not have help or info to know what exactly that is.
I have a separate section for offer of employment and employment History. And in eligibility section I said that I don't work right now and visiting Canada.

Does anybody know what I should submit for letter of employment?
This applies ONLY if you have an LMIA supported job offer that gives you 600 additional points so I'm not sure why you answered No about working right now - Is that job offer future dated? If that is the case, your letter of employment will be the same as job offer. Upload the same document in both places and mention this in an LOE.

If your job offer is not future dated and you are currently working in an LMIA supported job, letter of employment is a present-dated letter from your organization that mentions your job details, responsibilities, NOC code (if possible), working hours/week, remuneration, reporting structure and name/position of supervisor etc.

Neoxps

Aug 31, 2015
Guys..I know you all must have seen this a lot of times before but I am a bit confused as to how to go about the CEC process

I want to apply for express entry but I have a few questions

Is it a good option to apply via some agency?..If yes, then which one is good or a safer one to work with (Abrams and Krochak, Abhinav etc.)

What are the primary reasons for a person not to get a PR?

What documents are required for this?

What are main factors on which you can score more points?

I am currently in Australia on a work visa.

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

am new to this forum and I am getting ready for my IELTS and awaiting ECA of my University degree from WES credentials and hoping to apply in the next few weeks or so. However I have made a rough calculation of my points and they came out to be 429 points for CLB 9 or 441 points if I get a CLB 10 which is difficult to get. Some info below:

28 Years of Age
BSc Pharmaceutical Science- Uk
work experience - 3 yrs
NOC 2115 Class A

I have read a few reports and seen a decline in the number of points for EE, can anyone please advice if I stand any chances for getting an ITA.

Also what is the PNP and how can i qualify for it?

Thanks a lot and good luck Cheesy

Mex

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
mex88 said:
I have read a few reports and seen a decline in the number of points for EE, can anyone please advice if I stand any chances for getting an ITA. << lowest crs so far this year is 451, so 441 looks alright. but you also need to qualify for a program...are you aiming for fsw?

Also what is the PNP and how can i qualify for it?<< provincial nominee program differs per province so choose first where you plan to stay and then find out if you're eligible in that province. and even if you happen to be eligible, i've read in some forums that some pnp have already closed or are about to meet their quota for 2015.

Thanks a lot and good luck Cheesy

Mex

PranavKat

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2171 - FSW-Outland
Doc's Request.
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2016
LANDED..........
09-07-2016
Hi

Post ITA, I had filled my complete application but when I went to submit it last night all the data was wiped out.
Has anyone else also faced this issue?
How to overcome it now?
Also When I try to enter the details again, it gives an error " 'appendGrid' does not initialized".

Please advise.

Thanks.

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Mapledipped for your reply.

yes am aiming for FSW, what are the chances of finding a job through job bank has anyone succeeded?

am thinking of Ontario, how would I know if I am eligible for a province and whether or not they have placed caps on a certain province.

One last question, if I apply under FSW can I still get nomination by a province?

Thanks again!

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
mex88 said:

yes am aiming for FSW, what are the chances of finding a job through job bank has anyone succeeded? unfortunately its pretty slim. employers prefer those who are already staying in canada and with canadian work experience, so you're basically competing with a ton of people who are readily available in canada

am thinking of Ontario, how would I know if I am eligible for a province and whether or not they have placed caps on a certain province. normally they post updates in their websites. here's for ontario -- http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL. html

One last question, if I apply under FSW can I still get nomination by a province?yes if you qualify for both fsw and pnp. but once you receive an invitation for either program then you'll get blocked from the other until the processing is done. for instance you've been invited for oinp then you wont be available for fsw and vice versa

Thanks again!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mex88 said:

One last question, if I apply under FSW can I still get nomination by a province?

yes if you qualify for both fsw and pnp. but once you receive an invitation for either program then you'll get blocked from the other until the processing is done. for instance you've been invited for oinp then you wont be available for fsw and vice versa

Thanks again!
Incorrect. You will be removed (or blocked) AFTER you receive and accept the nomination and not by simply receiving the invitation or applying to OINP by submitting the application and paying their fee.