+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

MichaelUK28

Sep 4, 2015
Hello, me and my girlfriend of 9 1/2 years are both British citizens, and are both 24 years old. We are considering the possibility of potentially applying for Canadian residence through the express entry skilled workers program. I have a 3 years bachelor degree in Product Design and Digital Modelling and my girlfriend has a 2 year degree in Fashion and Textiles.

I have a couple of questions -

1. - This might sound stupid but if I were to successful and I was married to my long term girlfriend is she automatically a 'plus one' on my application and doesn't have to have a standalone application?

2. - Since I finished university (2 1/2yrs) I have been working in a pharmaceutical supply company, the closest occupation to my job role is listed as NOC 9232 - Pharmaceutical Process Operator. Although this job isn't directly linked to my degree field is it still considered work experience in a professional job for myself?

3. - When do immigration require proof of the $12'000 amount? Is it on actual entry to the country when relocating or before you apply?

Thanks - Michael.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MichaelUK28 said:
Hello, me and my girlfriend of 9 1/2 years are both British citizens, and are both 24 years old. We are considering the possibility of potentially applying for Canadian residence through the express entry skilled workers program. I have a 3 years bachelor degree in Product Design and Digital Modelling and my girlfriend has a 2 year degree in Fashion and Textiles.

I have a couple of questions -

1. - This might sound stupid but if I were to successful and I was married to my long term girlfriend is she automatically a 'plus one' on my application and doesn't have to have a standalone application?

Only if you are married before you land in Canada after getting your PR status. If you get married at any point of time during the process, you have to inform CIC and they will add her to your application (this might have repercussions on your application because points calculation differs for single and married applicants). If you marry her after that event, you will have to bring her over under Family sponsorship which can take anywhere from 12-24 months.

2. - Since I finished university (2 1/2yrs) I have been working in a pharmaceutical supply company, the closest occupation to my job role is listed as NOC 9232 - Pharmaceutical Process Operator. Although this job isn't directly linked to my degree field is it still considered work experience in a professional job for myself?

That is fine. It is still considered valid work experience.

3. - When do immigration require proof of the $12'000 amount? Is it on actual entry to the country when relocating or before you apply?

You are asked to showcase Proof of Funds after you get an ITA. For single applicants, it is about 12,000 CAD and for 2 applicants it would be about 15000 CAD. Recommend that you start saving it up as early as possible so that CIC doesn't suspect that these funds are borrowed to showcase POF. Borrowed funds aren't allowed.

Thanks - Michael.

MichaelUK28

Sep 4, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

1. If myself and my long term girlfriend didn't get married before we arrived could we not just arrive under the common law partner option? As long as we had proof of living together for 12 months?

2. If I were to get a job offer from Canada does it have to be in the field that I obtained my degree in?

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MichaelUK28 said:
Thanks for the reply.

1. If myself and my long term girlfriend didn't get married before we arrived could we not just arrive under the common law partner option? As long as we had proof of living together for 12 months?

Certainly possible. I restricted the answer to marriage because your question asked for it. Common-law is fine provided you meet these requirements ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=346&t=14
2. If I were to get a job offer from Canada does it have to be in the field that I obtained my degree in?

Not necessarily. But not every job can help the immigration situation. If you need 600 additional points which will help with immigration under EE, you will need a job with positive LMIA decision. Read more here ---> http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

Thank you

singhyogeshkumar

Apr 30, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-02-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
07-03-2016
Hi all

I am working in a creative agency for last 8 years. its a registered partnership firm in india. Will my experience count for a partnership firm. Or the company has to be a pvt ltd or ltd company.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhyogeshkumar said:
Hi all

I am working in a creative agency for last 8 years. its a registered partnership firm in india. Will my experience count for a partnership firm. Or the company has to be a pvt ltd or ltd company.
No such criteria - all verifiable paid work experience in NOC 0/A/B within last 10 years is valid.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Theo123 said:
oh nevermind. i just realized that i worked 40 hours per week (5 days/week), so while i may only have 2 years of work experience, in CIC's evaluation i have more than that. since i exceeded 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week) for the each year i was working.

for reference to anyone having the same confusion as i have previously.
Hi Theo - I am not sure that the CIC System gave you 50 points for 3 years after calculating as 40 hours/week x 2 Years of Work Exp in a single NOC Code. I was in the same situation, and CIC gave me just 25 CRS.
I am still confused as to why that tool specifically asks for "One occupation" thereby reducing CRS scores. I wouldn't be surprised if its another EE bug with the wrong wordings for that question. In that case it's highly misleading since the purpose of that tool has been mentioned on the top as "You need to make sure that your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score is above the minimum points score of your round of invitations. This tool will help you recalculate your score based on the answers you provide below."

Seniors...appreciate your inputs over the tool issue.

afsar9930

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
How many duties in noc code description have to meet the job descrioption in your letter. my friend has have 5 in cic noc descriptions and among them 2 to 3 matches. is that ok?

Manju Sagwal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not able to get the employment reference letter from my current employer (2+ years in current job). However, I have the reference letter from my previous employer HR on company letter head (5+ years exp with that employer).

Can I submit the Self declaration for my current employment with all relevant documents e.g. Offer letter, salary slips, appraisal letters etc.? Does CIC accept this kind of self declaration or there can be any problem?

Also, as I already have more than 3 years of experience with my previous employer for which I have a valid reference letter as well, will it really make a difference if I submit self declaration for the current employment?

Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manju Sagwal said:
I am not able to get the employment reference letter from my current employer (2+ years in current job). However, I have the reference letter from my previous employer HR on company letter head (5+ years exp with that employer).

Can I submit the Self declaration for my current employment with all relevant documents e.g. Offer letter, salary slips, appraisal letters etc.? Does CIC accept this kind of self declaration or there can be any problem?

Also, as I already have more than 3 years of experience with my previous employer for which I have a valid reference letter as well, will it really make a difference if I submit self declaration for the current employment?

Thanks!
Self-declarations will be summarily rejected so submitting them is as good as not submitting anything. As you have a reference letter for 5 + years of experience with one employer (and EE maximizes score at 3 years of foreign experience) you can safely leave out the other experience from your Work history and mention it only in post ITA Personal history section.

Manju Sagwal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Self-declarations will be summarily rejected so submitting them is as good as not submitting anything. As you have a reference letter for 5 + years of experience with one employer (and EE maximizes score at 3 years of foreign experience) you can safely leave out the other experience from your Work history and mention it only in post ITA Personal history section.
Thanks!

Shall I submit the reference letter from my colleague (and not supervisor) on stamp paper and notarized?

And if I choose to leave my current employment from my work experience, it will show a gap of 2.5 years (I left my previous employment 2.5 years back). Will it be a good idea to create this gap? How will I justify these 2.5 years to CIC?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manju Sagwal said:
Thanks!

Shall I submit the reference letter from my colleague (and not supervisor) on stamp paper and notarized?

No problem.

And if I choose to leave my current employment from my work experience, it will show a gap of 2.5 years (I left my previous employment 2.5 years back). Will it be a good idea to create this gap? How will I justify these 2.5 years to CIC?

After you receive the ITA, mention that period as 'Employed' in Personal history and provide details - you won't be asked to provide any documents then. CIC isn't recruiting you to worry about gaps in employment.