+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hi All,

When I call the IRCC and speak with their representative, they say we don't have any info because the file is outside Canada and tell me to contact the VO. They used to give information until a couple of months ago.
Has anyone called the IRCC in the past month or so? Do they share info on the file?

Thanks

Mkouchakzadeh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Hi All,

When I call the IRCC and speak with their representative, they say we don't have any info because the file is outside Canada and tell me to contact the VO. They used to give information until a couple of months ago.
Has anyone called the IRCC in the past month or so? Do they share info on the file?

Thanks
Same happened to me. Not giving information due to security reason which is hilarious

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Same happened to me. Not giving information due to security reason which is hilarious
They didn't tell me for security reasons. Said they don't have access to information. I know they have access to GCMS info because they used to read it for me. I have the permission from my spouse to access the info.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reactions: Mkouchakzadeh

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks
Best option is to ask your MP to get an update for you

Reactions: Mkouchakzadeh

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Is the gcms notes you guys get from the MP any different than the one we can order ourselves for $5 ?
MP doesn't get your gcms notes, but an update on the status of the file, which is as good as the info in gcms. Gcms comes after a month and are detailed, MP responds within a week max but obviously not as detailed, though you get the overall status update

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
MP doesn't get your gcms notes, but an update on the status of the file, which is as good as the info in gcms. Gcms comes after a month and are detailed, MP responds within a week max but obviously not as detailed, though you get the overall status update
From my experience with my MP the information he got from the notes did not always match what they did at Ankara. MP said that Ankara does not always update their notes on time. So be careful of this as well. I got super confused by this.

I am still waiting on my husbands passport to come back and just decided to let go and see what happens for the next two weeks. No one can really do anything!

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hi All,
Can the applicant take the passport to VO to get the visa? Or do we have to use a courier company?
I hear scary experiences with the courier services.

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi All,
Can the applicant take the passport to VO to get the visa? Or do we have to use a courier company?
I hear scary experiences with the courier services.
Check latest updates on VFS website, but last time I checked, you can send it via courier only

Reactions: AnnaGM

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hotel quarantine measures for air travellers come into effect Feb. 22: Trudeau
It is already in effect but its a mess and they dont even know wtf they are doing so far. Some provinces are pissed off by the new laws not being clear enough. Dont take Trudeau so serious, everything he says is political stuff to cover his own back. Remember how they came out and officially announced that we are speeding up spousal sponsorship process last year ? Well its even worse than last year now so you get the picture. Once you get close to moving to canada just call up and ask around about what you need to prepare

Reactions: Armank90

fella76

Oct 13, 2020
It is already in effect but its a mess and they dont even know wtf they are doing so far. Some provinces are pissed off by the new laws not being clear enough. Dont take Trudeau so serious, everything he says is political stuff to cover his own back. Remember how they came out and officially announced that we are speeding up spousal sponsorship process last year ? Well its even worse than last year now so you get the picture. Once you get close to moving to canada just call up and ask around about what you need to prepare
My family arrived to Canada last Saturday,we didn't have any issues at the airport and after .
But they announced on the Jan 29 that the law will be in place in the coming weeks,

Reactions: Daft punk and EhsRm