+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Anyone know what this message form Ankara means
Please be advised that the passport will be returned back according to our instructions in the passport request letter as soon as the visa has been issued.

Regards,

Immigration Section
(FB)

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Sorry one more question. Did you see your counterfoil number? What was the message on the GCKEY?
Yes saw the counterfoil number and application approved on gckey.
I wrote to my MP too, her office followed up on my passport too. Maybe that pushed it a bit too, you could try writing to your MP. Tell them the passport is with ankara since 5 weeks and you want to know whats delaying it

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I wrote to my MP too, her office followed up on my passport too. Maybe that pushed it a bit too, you could try writing to your MP. Tell them the passport is with ankara since 5 weeks and you want to know whats delaying it
I have done all of this. Been in contact with MP keep emailing Ankara. I also put on a request for an Atip yesterday. No one is able to do anything. The only the three MP told me is that a note was put in my husbands file on Jan 19th that the new COPR would be valid till March 26 but it had not yet been issued. And we still do not see anything. So I have no idea what is going on and no one is telling me anything.

It is very frustrating and I am thinking of going to Tehran so I can be with my husband cause this is just ridiculous.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Are you coming to Ontario?

Vazira

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi guys! Landed yesterday. Staying at hotel for quarantining. My port of entry was Montreal, final destination was Calgary, they didn't ask too much questions about quarantine plan, just told them we booked hotel for self isolation. On your port of entry need to go to immigration section again just to inform them you arrived so they can send pr card later. If your port of entry is not your final destination like mine ( landed to Montreal and go to Calgary after) make sure you have 4-5 hours of layover just in case, it might be big line at airport's immigration office, so you don't miss your final flight. Also, I didn't took covid test again at the airport, they said no need. But it may change when you guys arrive later. Just sharing my experience. Good luck to everyone

Aziiiiiiiin

Jun 7, 2019
Tehran
Hi guys! Landed yesterday. Staying at hotel for quarantining. My port of entry was Montreal, final destination was Calgary, they didn't ask too much questions about quarantine plan, just told them we booked hotel for self isolation. On your port of entry need to go to immigration section again just to inform them you arrived so they can send pr card later. If your port of entry is not your final destination like mine ( landed to Montreal and go to Calgary after) make sure you have 4-5 hours of layover just in case, it might be big line at airport's immigration office, so you don't miss your final flight. Also, I didn't took covid test again at the airport, they said no need. But it may change when you guys arrive later. Just sharing my experience. Good luck to everyone
Did you pay 2000 $?!

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Yes
They extended our medical by a year, so maybe they will extend your husbands medical further and thats whats taking time
They already extended it. His original passport request was in oct 2019 and medicals were expiring April 2020 but couldn’t send passport cause if COVID so got extended till March of this year. This is why I am worried. March is next month!

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
They already extended it. His original passport request was in oct 2019 and medicals were expiring April 2020 but couldn’t send passport cause if COVID so got extended till March of this year. This is why I am worried. March is next month!
When does your COPR expire?

Daft punk

Sep 22, 2020
Hi all, has anyone recently gotten pre-arrival or passport request from Ankara? I know there was a batch recently updated to ' in process' on Jan 05, 2021. thank you,