+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I finally understand what ECAS is. I got DM made 5 weeks after sending in my passport and yesterday they updated new address. But VFS still says “in process”. Anyone ever experience this or know what this means?? I just want to know if I should wait or head to Tehran to be with my husband

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I finally understand what ECAS is. I got DM made 5 weeks after sending in my passport and yesterday they updated new address. But VFS still says “in process”. Anyone ever experience this or know what this means?? I just want to know if I should wait or head to Tehran to be with my husband
Is VFS Turkey website working?

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Hi eveyone,

I'm new here/ I just wanted to know what you guys think about my case and if you have any information. I'm sponsoring my husband from Turkey, and I'm in Montreal. We applied for sponsorship which got approved Feb.2020 and then we send the application to quebec which got approved October 5th 2020, which they said they will be sending the files to Ankara. Since then there is no reply, no information, nothing at all. It has been a year and we're still waiting. anyone know anything? What do you guys think?

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi eveyone,

I'm new here/ I just wanted to know what you guys think about my case and if you have any information. I'm sponsoring my husband from Turkey, and I'm in Montreal. We applied for sponsorship which got approved Feb.2020 and then we send the application to quebec which got approved October 5th 2020, which they said they will be sending the files to Ankara. Since then there is no reply, no information, nothing at all. It has been a year and we're still waiting. anyone know anything? What do you guys think?
Did you orfer GCMS notes to check whats going on with the file? If not you could do that, though they will arrive a month later. Alteratively, contact your MP and ask their office to get you a status update

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Did you orfer GCMS notes to check whats going on with the file? If not you could do that, though they will arrive a month later. Alteratively, contact your MP and ask their office to get you a status update
What do you mean GCMS and MP? I never even heard of those terms before.

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
What do you mean GCMS and MP? I never even heard of those terms before.
MP: Member of Parliament
Google 'find my mp' and depending on your postal code, you will find your MP. Email their office and tell them you want their support to get update on your application. They might ask you to fill some form, and share details of your application, and they will get back to you with an update.
GCMS: basically it records all steps being taken on your file, and includes visa officer's comments as well. Google 'order gcms'. You will find 'atip' link, where you could order the notes by paying 5 dollars. They are detailed and will show you everything that happened on your file, though they arrive a month after ordering

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Hi eveyone,

Yes there are people still waiting from 2019 so its no surprise for you to not have received any update. Same with me and many others who applied before the date you mentioned. But did you get medical and biometrics done ? What does it say when you login to your ecas account?

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
My CIC account shows COPR issued by Ankara today. VFS not updated yet.
Passport is with Ankara since 6th Jan 2021

Reactions: EhsRm

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
My CIC account shows COPR issued by Ankara today. VFS not updated yet.
Passport is with Ankara since 6th Jan 2021
Congrats. Was this on ECAS or on GCKEY? Ours still nothing! Well done. You are Iran spousal support right. Ours has been in processing since dec 29th.

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I emailed ankara office, they responded with the email below:
"
Dear sir/madam,
Thank you for your email.
Your medical validities were expired. Now they extended and we will issue your visas and return your passports back to VFS GLOBAL center shortly,
"

Hence this confirms that the delay is in cases where medical needs to be extended
I get something completely different when I email them. They just say “ please be advised your passport will be sent to you as per the instructions on the passport request letter. But there is no instructions! They just told us that his medicals are extended