+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
They already reached Jan, i got the "in process" Jan 5th and im a Jan 2020 applicant but then i just ordered gcms notes 35 days ago and received it yesterday. They literally didnt do anything since March on our case ! Literally nothing ! Unbelievable how they work
I asked for GCMS in November and got it in January. Same as you said the notes were useless, they did nothing on our application since March 2020. I saw a ghost update on the GCkey saying "application/profile updated" on Feb. 4. But no update, no emails.
Some December 2019 applicants got PPR last week.

Reactions: EhsRm

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
All I know is that I want to make a complaint about the negligence from Ankara. My MP said that from the notes my husbands COPR will expire on March 26th and since they already extended his medicals once then they will likely ask him to do medicals again! WTF!!! It is their fault that they have not issued his visa and they want to postpone his application (Which started in 2018 and originally approved in 2019 when we got pre arrival letter). This is honestly sadistic.

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
All I know is that I want to make a complaint about the negligence from Ankara. My MP said that from the notes my husbands COPR will expire on March 26th and since they already extended his medicals once then they will likely ask him to do medicals again! WTF!!! It is their fault that they have not issued his visa and they want to postpone his application (Which started in 2018 and originally approved in 2019 when we got pre arrival letter). This is honestly sadistic.
How can we make a complaint?

mariamk

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Just to update everyone, Ankara has had my husbands passport since Dec 29th and today they asked for him to do new medicals!!! This is SO STUPID and will likely delay our application even longer. We applied in October 2018 and still waiting. So just so you know this process is SO RANDOM!

oondun

Dec 7, 2019
Just to update everyone, Ankara has had my husbands passport since Dec 29th and today they asked for him to do new medicals!!! This is SO STUPID and will likely delay our application even longer. We applied in October 2018 and still waiting. So just so you know this process is SO RANDOM!
Wow, it's been more than 2 years for you guys. That's horrible. I guess that's why they asked for new medical check. As far as I follow up on this page, they easily extend the medical for the applications a couple of months more than a year.

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Wow, it's been more than 2 years for you guys. That's horrible. I guess that's why they asked for new medical check. As far as I follow up on this page, they easily extend the medical for the applications a couple of months more than a year.
Anyways it doesn't make sense to ask for a second medical. With the current pandemic people may get sick any day, if Covid is what they are looking for.
Second point is, based on their own rules they cannot refuse the sponsorship case based on medical condition of the applicant. I don't know what they are looking for.
There are a few of such irrational steps in the application process. IRCC management is horrible.

kaveh amini

Sep 20, 2020
Hi Everyone. I am 23rd Dec 2019 applicant. I received ppr on Friday 19th February. I live in Tehran and have 30 days to submit my passport. My lawyer told me since i have TVR, could fly to Canada and they will send my passport to Ottawa for COPR and due to pandemic i could land in Canada after COPR.
Does anybody have such experience?
My second option is to send my passport to Ankara through an agent. I called Nilgam and they told me it will take 2 weeks to 2 month to get passport back.
Is it accurate? Also is Nilgam good for such service?
Thanks for all replies and recommendations!

Reactions: EhsRm

kaveh amini

Sep 20, 2020
Also i checked with Qatar airways and day told me for flights to Toronto they will not guarantee that we could continue our flight from Doha to Toronto
and we will know only in Doha if Air Canada will allow us to take the flight.
otherwise we have to come back to Tehran! Does anyone know about this and also what documents we should present to Air Canada in Doha?

Thanks in advance

Aziiiiiiiin

Jun 7, 2019
Tehran
Hi Everyone. I am 23rd Dec 2019 applicant. I received ppr on Friday 19th February. I live in Tehran and have 30 days to submit my passport. My lawyer told me since i have TVR, could fly to Canada and they will send my passport to Ottawa for COPR and due to pandemic i could land in Canada after COPR.
Does anybody have such experience?
My second option is to send my passport to Ankara through an agent. I called Nilgam and they told me it will take 2 weeks to 2 month to get passport back.
Is it accurate? Also is Nilgam good for such service?
Thanks for all replies and recommendations!
Hi
I received PPR too and I sent my passport to Ankara by Nilgam last week. I used their service for renewing my husband's passport a few years ago and as I know passports are carried by a person.it seems better to take risks to miss your flight.

Reactions: kaveh amini

AnnaGM

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hi
I received PPR too and I sent my passport to Ankara by Nilgam last week. I used their service for renewing my husband's passport a few years ago and as I know passports are carried by a person.it seems better to take risks to miss your flight.
Congrats :) Would you please share your timeline?

Aziiiiiiiin

Jun 7, 2019
Tehran
Congrats :) Would you please share your timeline?
- Application received 2019-12-11
- AOR 1 : 2020-01-01
- Biometric requested : 2020-01-10
- Medical requested : 2020-01-13
- Sponsor approval : 2020-01-13
- Biometric done : 2020-01-24
- Medical exam taken : 2020-01-28
- Medical passed : 2020-02-06
- Moved to visa office : 2020-01-21
- AOR 2 : 2021-01-05
- Pre arrival letter : 2021-02-02
- Decision made and passport request : 2021-02-11