+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Hi! Did you receive any update on eCAS about the PR application being started? We have almost the exact same timeless however I got my file sent to Ankara on October 30 and received the “PR application in process” on Jan. 7. Im wondering why its so random!
It doesn't exactly say PR Application in Process, but on the top it says PR Application and on the bottom it says my husbands name and next to it it says in process.
We should stay in touch since our timelines are very similar.
Did you get any other information after that?

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
It doesn't exactly say PR Application in Process, but on the top it says PR Application and on the bottom it says my husbands name and next to it it says in process.
We should stay in touch since our timelines are very similar.
Did you get any other information after that?
Yes we should! When you click on the “In Process” what is your latest update? For us its “We started processing (name’s) application on January 7, 2021.” I believe our next step would be the pre-arrival letter. From the others on the forum who got this update around the same time, they have all already gotten their Pre-arrival letter (it took them about a month) but for us itll be 2 months soon and still no letter. I wonder why D:

nejlabk

Feb 4, 2021
Yes we should! When you click on the “In Process” what is your latest update? For us its “We started processing (name’s) application on January 7, 2021.” I believe our next step would be the pre-arrival letter. From the others on the forum who got this update around the same time, they have all already gotten their Pre-arrival letter (it took them about a month) but for us itll be 2 months soon and still no letter. I wonder why D:
Mine just says “we recieved your application on feb.14, 2020” nothing after that. I’m stressing so much. Yours says we started processing?

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Mine just says “we recieved your application on feb.14, 2020” nothing after that. I’m stressing so much. Yours says we started processing?
Have you done any medical exams? And you got a notification/ email saying that your file was sent to Ankara right?
I know its truly so stressful I want this to be over as well! But dont worry, everyones process seems to be sooo different!

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
If it says your application is received then dont worry at least you know Ankara got your file but havent started the process yet. Unfortunately for you guys who applied after January 2020 its even worse because in 2019 they used to send out medical and biometrics request very early on. normally before sending it to Ankara. But 2020 was a mess so dont compare your case with anyone. It is so random how they deal with files these days. Im guessing they dont want to put people in danger of going out there to do biometrics and medical although some still got it anyway. If you go back in pages many 2019 applicants had to wait for 14,15,16 or even 18 months in total to get PPR. So prepare yourself for a long run and plan accordingly but theres still hope as there have been a few cases who got PPR in just 12 months of applying

Reactions: Salinasalina

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
If it says your application is received then dont worry at least you know Ankara got your file but havent started the process yet. Unfortunately for you guys who applied after January 2020 its even worse because in 2019 they used to send out medical and biometrics request very early on. normally before sending it to Ankara. But 2020 was a mess so dont compare your case with anyone. It is so random how they deal with files these days. Im guessing they dont want to put people in danger of going out there to do biometrics and medical although some still got it anyway. If you go back in pages many 2019 applicants had to wait for 14,15,16 or even 18 months in total to get PPR. So prepare yourself for a long run and plan accordingly but theres still hope as there have been a few cases who got PPR in just 12 months of applying
Thanks for the info! Thankfully we did our medical and biometrics before it was sent to Ankara! But I really hope it doesnt take much longer since we got the processing update from Ankara. Do you know how long it should take after this update?

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Thanks for the info! Thankfully we did our medical and biometrics before it was sent to Ankara! But I really hope it doesnt take much longer since we got the processing update from Ankara. Do you know how long it should take after this update?
I got the update on Jan 5th and theres still zero movement. Pre pandemic it wouldnt take longer than 2 months. But now, no one knows. Keep it positive but id say prepare for a longer time than usual

Reactions: DilanCayan

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
I got the update on Jan 5th and theres still zero movement. Pre pandemic it wouldnt take longer than 2 months. But now, no one knows. Keep it positive but id say prepare for a longer time than usual
Oh really you got yours Jan 5th! You mean the update that says “We started processing (name’s) application on (date)” right? That’s weird because a bunch of other people on the thread who got theirs Jan 5 have updated that they got their Pre-arrival letter within a month! Have you seen them? It’s so annoying how its all so random!

Reactions: DilanCayan

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
Oh really you got yours Jan 5th! You mean the update that says “We started processing (name’s) application on (date)” right? That’s weird because a bunch of other people on the thread who got theirs Jan 5 have updated that they got their Pre-arrival letter within a month! Have you seen them? It’s so annoying how its all so random!
Yes and thats probably because they did their biometrics but we didn't get the request. Theres more to it than that. They have to evaluate everything such as relationship geniunity, security/background check and all that before sending pre arrival. Also keep in mind there were cases that applicants never recieved the pre arrival but got PPR all of a sudden.

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Yes and thats probably because they did their biometrics but we didn't get the request. Theres more to it than that. They have to evaluate everything such as relationship geniunity, security/background check and all that before sending pre arrival. Also keep in mind there were cases that applicants never recieved the pre arrival but got PPR all of a sudden.
Interesting. We got our biometrics and medical done but still nothing for almost 2 months now. I didnt know they checked for relationship genuinity at Ankara I thought thats all done in the country of residence. Yeah I wonder if we just won’t get the pre-arrival. Do you know what the pre-arrival letter is anyway? Is it even necessary since some dont get it?

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
pre arrival is not the final decision letter. It is just an invitation to use the free services IRCC offers to new immigrants. But usually people who recieved pre arrival got DM in the next step. Although i remember someone who got pre arrival got a request to send more supporting documents afterwards. Also extending medical results will add up to the wait time. But yeah they go over the documents in Ankara and once they approve there will be another final check before sending PPR.

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
pre arrival is not the final decision letter. It is just an invitation to use the free services IRCC offers to new immigrants. But usually people who recieved pre arrival got DM in the next step. Although i remember someone who got pre arrival got a request to send more supporting documents afterwards. Also extending medical results will add up to the wait time. But yeah they go over the documents in Ankara and once they approve there will be another final check before sending PPR.
I see. Well keep us informed of any of your updates! Hopefully the end is near >.<

Reactions: EhsRm

scarfacegf

Star Member
Oct 22, 2019
Hello everybody. I just got pre arrival letter 9th February and then ecas shows decision made. When should I expect ARC and pre paid letter ? Also, pre arrival means my application is kind of approved?

Sarahalsamak

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Hello everybody. I just got pre arrival letter 9th February and then ecas shows decision made. When should I expect ARC and pre paid letter ? Also, pre arrival means my application is kind of approved?
Hey can you share your timeline! And when did you get the update that processing started in Ankara :)
I think pre-arrival means youre almost there but its not the final letter yet! Hopefully soon

Salinasalina

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020

Hi scarfacegf, I got pre arrival beginning of december and I recieved arc request 2 months later.

Reactions: scarfacegf