+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

boleko

Nov 17, 2014
arman.s said:
Hi everybody. Apparently a few days after the "status change", they request the passport. Does that mean at that time you are required to mail your passport to Ankara? and they are going to hold your passport for a few months? Thanks
Hi,
When you get your ppr email (you get the email first- before they update it online), you have 30 days to submit your passport. I went there with my passport but I read here that you can send it as well. But I don't know how that works exactly. When you are there you have to pay 45 lira and they will give you a tracking number. You will get an email right away that they have your passport and it will be sent to the embassy. Ours took 1 day but give it couple days just in case. When it is ready you get another email. Then you go pick your passport up and you have all you need!

lina123

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Ok so ur time line was Jan 13th and ppr on March 10th is march 10 when you recieved the email or the notification on the cic website? Did you get it earlier ?

boleko

Nov 17, 2014
lina123 said:
Ok so ur time line was Jan 13th and ppr on March 10th is march 10 when you recieved the email or the notification on the cic website? Did you get it earlier ?
March 10th was when we got the ppr email. I didn't show up on the website for a while.

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
boleko said:
Hi,
When you get your ppr email (you get the email first- before they update it online), you have 30 days to submit your passport. I went there with my passport but I read here that you can send it as well. But I don't know how that works exactly. When you are there you have to pay 45 lira and they will give you a tracking number. You will get an email right away that they have your passport and it will be sent to the embassy. Ours took 1 day but give it couple days just in case. When it is ready you get another email. Then you go pick your passport up and you have all you need!
Thank you! So when you pay that 45 lira you said they will give you a tracking number and the passport will be sent to Embassy but from where? from the hotel? You still have to mail it to them while you are there?

boleko

Nov 17, 2014
arman.s said:
Thank you! So when you pay that 45 lira you said they will give you a tracking number and the passport will be sent to Embassy but from where? from the hotel? You still have to mail it to them while you are there?
I went there in person. It is not the embassy you go to. It is visa application center I can't remember the exact name. So you go in and you give them your passport and the copy of the email that they sent you. Then you pay 45 lira (cash). Then you get a two copy receipt there is a tracking number on it. So that place sends your passport to the embassy for them to put the visa on your passport. When it comes back to them you have to go to the same place you went to give your passport and pick it up. Don't forget to take that receipt with you. Because they take one of the two copies back. This process took 1 day for us. But I don't know how that works if you send your passport via mail. I think some people have done it in this forum if you search for it I'm sure you can find what they wrote about their experience.

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
boleko said:
I went there in person. It is not the embassy you go to. It is visa application center I can't remember the exact name. So you go in and you give them your passport and the copy of the email that they sent you. Then you pay 45 lira (cash). Then you get a two copy receipt there is a tracking number on it. So that place sends your passport to the embassy for them to put the visa on your passport. When it comes back to them you have to go to the same place you went to give your passport and pick it up. Don't forget to take that receipt with you. Because they take one of the two copies back. This process took 1 day for us. But I don't know how that works if you send your passport via mail. I think some people have done it in this forum if you search for it I'm sure you can find what they wrote about their experience.
Thank you. This was really helpful. My wife is busy with school and if she receives the email sometime soon she won't be able to go. I don't know if anyone else can go on behalf of her or mailing the passport is possible but I will search to see if anyone else has done this.

Trapeze

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
arman.s said:
Hi guys...I finally got my SA

I know it's gonna be a long process but I have a few questions? My status changed to application received

1) What will be the next news that I should expect to hear from them?
2) How soon (approximately) I should expect to hear any good or bad news?
3) Do they always ask for additional documents? Like renewing police certificate?
4) If they don't ask for any interview, can all the process be done through mail?

Thanks
How long does it take you get your SA after your AOR?

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
Trapeze said:
How long does it take you get your SA after your AOR?
It's different for everybody. For me even the AOR itself took over 3 months and then I got my SA a day after AOR. Some people got their AOR sooner than me but then got their SA a few weeks later and some got both at the same time. I guess it all depends on the officer. It's better if you look at the overall process for sponsor's approval (AOR+SA)

Trapeze

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
arman.s said:
It's different for everybody. For me even the AOR itself took over 3 months and then I got my SA a day after AOR. Some people got their AOR sooner than me but then got their SA a few weeks later and some got both at the same time. I guess it all depends on the officer. It's better if you look at the overall process for sponsor's approval (AOR+SA)
Thanks mate

lina123

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Boleko did they ask you for additional documents while you were in the process ? When i got in process they told me to send a police check to them we mailed it i emailed them 10000 times no one is answering i even called and the lady said oh no we cant answer your question and she hanged up on me i dont get this why do you even have an email address when you dont even respond to it my husband mailed it and they dont even tell me if they have recieved it or not i dont kno wat i should do does anyone know what i should do im very worried :( please help

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
lina123 said:
Boleko did they ask you for additional documents while you were in the process ? When i got in process they told me to send a police check to them we mailed it i emailed them 10000 times no one is answering i even called and the lady said oh no we cant answer your question and she hanged up on me i dont get this why do you even have an email address when you dont even respond to it my husband mailed it and they dont even tell me if they have recieved it or not i dont kno wat i should do does anyone know what i should do im very worried :( please help
Hi lina' did you email Ankara office or CIC in Canada? If you emailed Ankara office and haven't receive any response just email them again and ask for confirmation, remember to send them a simple email otherwise they may not even read your email and they normally don't answer phone calls. I hope you get you PPR soon, lots of people like me has been waiting more that 10-11 month to get where you are rite now "in process" so no worries and be patient .Best of luck

boleko

Nov 17, 2014
lina123 said:
They did ask me for more documents before we were even in process. It wasn't the police check though. I sent them the documents within a week. I just got a confirmation from the post that they delivered it. I didn't get anything from the embassy. If your post office says that it is delivered I am sure it is. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The embassy doesn't let you know that they got your documents.

lina123

Star Member
Mar 25, 2015
Ok thanks guys honestly i was freaking out but if u didnt get any news that they recieved it then i guess they wont give me any news either,i just have to wait i guess , i have heard some people were waiting to be in process for a long time i guess im actually very lucky i hope mine doesnt take 10 months too thats what im scared of because ive been apart from my husband for 10 months and honestly its too much i forget how he even looks like looool jk but thanks for the advice guys

arman.s

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
My wife has got the Passport Requested Email. She is in the middle of her school and I don't know what are the options if no one can go to Ankara in such a short notice. I read in this forum there are some people that will go on your behalf and they charge you something. Anyone knows someone who does that? Any help is appreciated

Trapeze

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
AOR Received.
02-05-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
arman.s said:
My wife has got the Passport Requested Email. She is in the middle of her school and I don't know what are the options if no one can go to Ankara in such a short notice. I read in this forum there are some people that will go on your behalf and they charge you something. Anyone knows someone who does that? Any help is appreciated
There are some travel agencies in tehran if she lives there which get you passport and will send it to ankara to get the visa. How long does your spondorship application took till passport request?