+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
negmeg said:
Thank you Abe1004, I am positive you will have the good news by end of this week

Yes M777r... there are ups and downs bit it will happen. I can assure you
Yea i am in Ankara right now for interview tomorrow, hopefully it goes well :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negmeg said:
here is what it says:
"All passport(s) and documents must be submitted to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in Ankara or Istanbul.
You must submit your passport(s) and documents and collect your visa(s) from a Visa Application Center (VAC), using one of the following options:

1. In person
2. Through an authorized representative

You, or an authorized person you have designated, must attend to submit your passport(s) and documents to the VAC. You must also submit a printed copy of this email to the VAC.
Your authorized representative must present a Letter of Authorization (below) completed and signed by you, along with his/her identification document (preferably a valid passport) and a copy of this email.
The VAC will ensure safe and fast transmission of the passport(s) and documents to the Embassy, and back to the VAC once we have issued the visa(s).
Passports submitted to the VAC in Ankara will normally have a 4 business day turnaround, while those submitted to the VAC in Istanbul will normally have a 6 business day turnaround.
For hours of operation, VAC fees for these services, and any further information you require, please see: http://vfsglobal.ca/canada/Turkey/index.html or contact the VACs at info.canadatrank @ vfshelpline.com.
Please DO NOT/NOT send your passports to the VAC by mail or courier as they will not/not be able to accept them or to send them back to you."

Also as we are both in Canada and outside Iran there is a different procedure that they will let us know. will update you once I know.
Congrats!! I just had a question. How are you in Canada if you applied from outside of Canada? Did you apply and then come here with a tourist visa? We wanted to do that but everyone scared us and told us that it might jeopardize our case.

Mrs.Asag

May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negmeg said:
And we got the greatest news minutes ago... WE HAVE THE PPR EMAIL AND Im half way in the air. ;D ;D

I am so proud of this forum! love you all... Farnaz, Ali.Irani Abe1004 Mehrdad and all those who are waiting more than me, hang in there, you will get an email at the moment when you are least expecting it.

don't stress and be strong. I will be here till you are all green !
Congrats, Doll!!!!!!! So happy for you both!

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for congratulation msgs...luv ya

So I am a PR here and my husband was a student when we met. Then we got married and started the out land sponsorship as he was a residence of Iran, even though he was living here under study permit.
He had to apply for tourist visa once his study permit expired two months ago, which luckily he got it. Now thank God we got PPR before his tourist visa expires.

so now we need to find out what is the best procedure for him to get his visa. One finishes another starts...life !

Negin

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way ,,,

does any one know an agency who could take the passport to Ankara from Toronto and get the visa?

I know there are some in Tehran but I don't know if there is any in Toronto. We have a reception for the wedding in August and want to see if we can do this faster and cheaper if doable and reliable.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)o

m777r said:
Mehrdad, hope everything goes smoothly with your visa and you enjoy your time in Ankara. I'm a bit confused and curious about what you said; didn't they give you a receipt?! If they did, and it says pickup time is Thursday or Friday, that should basically mean 3 business days (not 3 or 4; i.e. your passport will be ready on Thursday to pick up, but if you can't pick it up on Thursday, you can do it on Friday). Is this what you (or they) meant? Thanks.
This is what the officer just told me:
Come here on Thursday 2 pm. If your passport was ready we will give it to you, If not, come here the day after that (Friday) because it will definitely be ready on Friday.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Abe1004 said:
If you hanging around Ankara and are alone, let me know, I am not doing much, we can get together for some food or something, would be cool to meet someone from forum
Right know I am with a relative here who needs my company till tomorrow night, but after that I am free and it would be awesome to meet you. I really like the haphazardness of Kizilay and the taste of beef Doners, what do you say?

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negmeg said:
And we got the greatest news minutes ago... WE HAVE THE PPR EMAIL AND Im half way in the air. ;D ;D

I am so proud of this forum! love you all... Farnaz, Ali.Irani Abe1004 Mehrdad and all those who are waiting more than me, hang in there, you will get an email at the moment when you are least expecting it.

don't stress and be strong. I will be here till you are all green !
Congratulations are in order. ;) I am really happy that you did not wait too long like some of us. Let's party.
By the way I already have submitted my passport to the VAC... :p

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siyavoush said:
hey guys,
any body knows how many submissions of passport there was yesterday in VAC ?
about 90 people had different things to do in the VAC (including those who had received ppr) until 1.30 pm.

Ali.irani

May 10, 2014
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-june-2014
Wow wow wow
Congratulation negmag i am really really happy for you
Such a great week for our froum after long silence from vO now we are hearing great news

Ali.irani

May 10, 2014
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-june-2014
Hi m777r
I hope we hear some good news by this week too
In your profile it is written that your interview is weived!!! My question is how do you know that ?

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Ali.irani said:
Hi m777r
I hope we hear some good news by this week too
In your profile it is written that your interview is weived!!! My question is how do you know that ?
Haha, good question. The short answer is, I don't know, I just guessed :p. Here is the long answer:
My understanding has been that for "spousal sponsorship," most interviews (if not all) are assigned to verify the authenticity of your relationship, not to do more security screening. If this is true, then my wife's interview should have been waived as she has passed the three initial processing items (i.e. eligibility, medical, and criminality) and has entered the background check phase. How do we know that? From our GCMS notes.

Hope our cases get finalized soon. But I'm not sure if more than about 3.5 months elapses from your in-process, could that mean you've been assigned one of those higher levels of security screening :mad:?

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
m777r said:
Haha, good question. The short answer is, I don't know, I just guessed :p. Here is the long answer:
My understanding has been that for "spousal sponsorship," most interviews (if not all) are assigned to verify the authenticity of your relationship, not to do more security screening. If this is true, then my wife's interview should have been waived as she has passed the three initial processing items (i.e. eligibility, medical, and criminality) and has entered the background check phase. How do we know that? From our GCMS notes.

Hope our cases get finalized soon. But I'm not sure if more than about 3.5 months elapses from your in-process, could that mean you've been assigned one of those higher levels of security screening :mad:?
(I think pretty much everyone who becomes in-process should have passed all above three processing items...)

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014

Mehrdad said:
This is what the officer just told me:
Come here on Thursday 2 pm. If your passport was ready we will give it to you, If not, come here the day after that (Friday) because it will definitely be ready on Friday.
Thanks for confirmation. Wooow, that REALLY surprised me :-X.