+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anybody know whether or not if the applicant has served their two year mandatory military service prolongs the background checks?

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Cant say its good or bad(my interview)

The officer was very sceptical and somewhat of an ass (not raelly though)

Just basically said she "has a feeling" about this and that.

Anyway...i am hoping for positive outcome, or I am going to appeal it :(

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry that's how they are trained to talk...
so when are you gonna hear an answer from them? did they say?

it will happen for sure...be strong MAN

Abe1004 said:
Cant say its good or bad(my interview)

The officer was very sceptical and somewhat of an ass (not raelly though)

Just basically said she "has a feeling" about this and that.

Anyway...i am hoping for positive outcome, or I am going to appeal it :(

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
negmeg said:
Don't worry that's how they are trained to talk...
so when are you gonna hear an answer from them? did they say?

it will happen for sure...be strong MAN
She said, that I will hear "very soon"

To be honest, I am a glass half empty guy and I dont believe in good outcomes with this particular VO.

So I already talked to my lawyer about appeal, before I even hear from them. Gotta be ready for the worst, to get the best right?

In the end they are doing nothing else but costing me more money,grievance and time away from my spouse.

I cant see how she doesn't think relationship that is happening for 4 years is not genuine, it just mind boggles me. From her own words she "doesnt really believe" me.

We wll see what that means i guess

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Abe1004,

believe me I have so many reasons that can put me off with CIC, from rejection on visitor visa (to attend a wedding) all the way to RQ file on citizenship application.
I had some lawyers telling me that my husband may be deported from Canada before PPR comes in. They told me the application would take so long that we may not be together after wedding reception.

But we both chose not to believe them ! so all I'm saying is don't doubt what you are and what you want. And don't loose hope just caz one officer talked to you as if she wants to deny the entire relationship.
It is unfortunate that the procedure causes so much sorrow and stress.

PLEASE LOOK AT THE HALF FULL for just one week! I'll bet you will get the best news!

Abe1004 said:

To be honest, I am a glass half empty guy and I dont believe in good outcomes with this particular VO.

So I already talked to my lawyer about appeal, before I even hear from them. Gotta be ready for the worst, to get the best right?

In the end they are doing nothing else but costing me more money,grievance and time away from my spouse.

I cant see how she doesn't think relationship that is happening for 4 years is not genuine, it just mind boggles me. From her own words she "doesnt really believe" me.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
negmeg said:
And we got the greatest news minutes ago... WE HAVE THE PPR EMAIL AND Im half way in the air. ;D ;D

I am so proud of this forum! love you all... Farnaz, Ali.Irani Abe1004 Mehrdad and all those who are waiting more than me, hang in there, you will get an email at the moment when you are least expecting it.

don't stress and be strong. I will be here till you are all green !
Congrats!!! Wonderful news :D :D

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
negmeg said:
here is what it says:
"All passport(s) and documents must be submitted to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in Ankara or Istanbul.
You must submit your passport(s) and documents and collect your visa(s) from a Visa Application Center (VAC), using one of the following options:

1. In person
2. Through an authorized representative

You, or an authorized person you have designated, must attend to submit your passport(s) and documents to the VAC. You must also submit a printed copy of this email to the VAC.
Your authorized representative must present a Letter of Authorization (below) completed and signed by you, along with his/her identification document (preferably a valid passport) and a copy of this email.
The VAC will ensure safe and fast transmission of the passport(s) and documents to the Embassy, and back to the VAC once we have issued the visa(s).
Passports submitted to the VAC in Ankara will normally have a 4 business day turnaround, while those submitted to the VAC in Istanbul will normally have a 6 business day turnaround.
For hours of operation, VAC fees for these services, and any further information you require, please see: http://vfsglobal.ca/canada/Turkey/index.html or contact the VACs at info.canadatrank @ vfshelpline.com.
Please DO NOT/NOT send your passports to the VAC by mail or courier as they will not/not be able to accept them or to send them back to you."
Thank you so much for filling everyone in. This is so completely different to when my husband had to submit his passport at the embassy and also such a drag for everyone now because of longer wait times!

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
m777r said:
Haha, good question. The short answer is, I don't know, I just guessed :p. Here is the long answer:
My understanding has been that for "spousal sponsorship," most interviews (if not all) are assigned to verify the authenticity of your relationship, not to do more security screening. If this is true, then my wife's interview should have been waived as she has passed the three initial processing items (i.e. eligibility, medical, and criminality) and has entered the background check phase. How do we know that? From our GCMS notes.

Hope our cases get finalized soon. But I'm not sure if more than about 3.5 months elapses from your in-process, could that mean you've been assigned one of those higher levels of security screening :mad:?
Yes, you're right. As far as how the process works at Ankara, if you see "In Process" on ecas it generally means that the interview has been waived (for eligibility and to determine genuineness of relationship or any other questions they may have). That's not to say that when they do the security check if something comes up they may still get in contact with you.

keeponwaiting22 said:
Does anybody know whether or not if the applicant has served their two year mandatory military service prolongs the background checks?
Yes, there is a high chance that this may prolong the background check as they need to verify everything that the applicant did during the military service (placement, what he worked on, what he had access to, etc.)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abe1004 said:

If she was sure that your relationship is not genuine, she wouldn't ask you to come all the way to Ankara for interview. I am positive about your situation, these are the last steps of your long journey. Be patient ;)
Are you planning to stay here more? I went to VAC today on 2 P.M and the visas were still not ready. They told us to come back tomorrow.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
If she was sure that your relationship is not genuine, she wouldn't ask you to come all the way to Ankara for interview. I am positive about your situation, these are the last steps of your long journey. Be patient ;)
Are you planning to stay here more? I went to VAC today on 2 P.M and the visas were still not ready. They told us to come back tomorrow.
Ya i am here till 31st, so shoot me a msg if you wanna get together for a beer :D

Where are you staying?I am at maltepe2000

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abe1004 said:
Ya i am here till 31st, so shoot me a msg if you wanna get together for a beer :D

I am stayin at Marya hotel and I have no cellphones.
I am gonno get to the VAC tomorrow morning at 9:00. I'll leave you a message after that I am informed that my passport is still not ready, so shoot your number ;D

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
I am stayin at Marya hotel and I have no cellphones.
I am gonno get to the VAC tomorrow morning at 9:00. I'll leave you a message after that I am informed that my passport is still not ready, so shoot your number ;D

Great, leave me a message and we will meet somewhere. I dont got cell either, pointless to get a number for 3 days.

Cheers

Siyavoush

May 27, 2014
Abe1004 said:

hey guys

i just got the msg from the vac, pass is ready.
btw i am staying in best western any one up for a drink lets meet by today. leave msg
:D :D ;D

negmeg

Star Member
Dec 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey all,

So our lawyer sent VAC in Ankara an email inquiring for the arrangements for passport drop off as we are both in Canada. There has been no reply since Tuesday and I am wondering why would it take long for them to answer how the arrangement should be. They told u to email our file#, address to visa-ankara@international.gc.ca so that they would let us know what needs to be done drop off.

Has anyone had any experience emailing this address? or any other email for VAC?

tnx

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
:'( :'( :'(
PPR shodiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
What a beautiful moment, what a beautiful feeling, what a relief, after such a looooooong wait!!!

We received the email 9:45 Ankara time. Wishing for all who are waiting impatiently they'll receive their ppr soon. Waiting is so bad particularly when you don't know what's going on with you file, but you'll get your ppr eventually, sooner or later.