+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

salarr

Feb 24, 2014
Mrs.KOR said:
During the mourning the government offices do not stop working, especially the Canadian Embassy!! 300 lives were lost terribly just because of ignorance, if not protesting this then what?!!? These protests are happening because there are still some people who "do care" about others and most importantly human life! And of course there are others who only care about themselves and the embassy being open... Reading this post at such sad times, I find it very insensitive
hi " benim turk dostum, guzel turk insani, sizlerle birlikte gunlerdi goz yasim durmak bilmiyor............. vizami almama ragman, icimden sevinamiyorum, birimiz hepimiz icin, hepimiz birimiz icin.... bizlerde yasdayiz....." though i'm Iranian but we have the same roots,same culture and share same language and same mourning....

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
Tesekkurler sevgili kardesim. I was too emotional yesterday :(

salarr said:
hi " benim turk dostum, guzel turk insani, sizlerle birlikte gunlerdi goz yasim durmak bilmiyor............. vizami almama ragman, icimden sevinamiyorum, birimiz hepimiz icin, hepimiz birimiz icin.... bizlerde yasdayiz....." though i'm Iranian but we have the same roots,same culture and share same language and same mourning....

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
I read the post in a very emotional moment, I know you didn't mean it that way. Sorry for the emotional outburst

keeponwaiting22 said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I agree that mourning days is the least the government can do and people have to protest what has happened. I guess when I see the protests I'm afraid that Turkey may be next country to experience what Iran, Egypt and Syria have with protests, and chaos in the streets which, having gone through it, I know how badly it affects people for years to come.

Again I'm sorry and I guess I should have explained it more.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m777r said:
OK, that's good. I thought I heard as of May, they just accept passports in VACs rather than the Embassy in Ankara, and that would be going to take about a week for visa issuance. So probably that was a rumor (or I may have misunderstood it).
Well, at first I thought that both the VAC and the Embassy are the same in Ankara. Checking out the addresses, I realized that they are different, but not too far from each other (about 1.2 km). I hope that they will hand me back my passport in less than three working days, unless I will loose my plane.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
Well, at first I thought that both the VAC and the Embassy are the same in Ankara. Checking out the addresses, I realized that they are different, but not too far from each other (about 1.2 km). I hope that they will hand me back my passport in less than three working days, unless I will loose my plane.
No kidding :eek:! I thought it indicates in the email when to hand in your passport and when to collect it (in a day when you do it in person?). Otherwise, how could people arrange their trip and make sure they wouldn't lose their flight?

BTW, I searched their website, I didn't find anywhere saying anything about VACs issuing "immigration visas" directly, so probably it's still the Embassy job. However, I think they may transfer visa counterfoil issuance completely to VACs in the near future to take some load off the Embassy.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
m777r said:
No kidding :eek:! I thought it indicates in the email when to hand in your passport and when to collect it (in a day when you do it in person?). Otherwise, how could people arrange their trip and make sure they wouldn't lose their flight?

BTW, I searched their website, I didn't find anywhere saying anything about VACs issuing "immigration visas" directly, so probably it's still the Embassy job. However, I think they may transfer visa counterfoil issuance completely to VACs in the near future to take some load off the Embassy.
Unless things have dramatically changed since my husband got his visa, the PPR email states if you want to hand your passport in person you need to go to the following address:
Immigration Section, the Embassy of Canada
Cinnah Caddesi No. 58, 06690, Çankaya
Ankara, Turkey

The PPR email also stated:
You can submit your passports on Mondays and Wednesday between 8:30 and 10:00 am. If you arrive late, you will have to come back the next available day for passport submission. The visas are usually issued the next afternoon. However, there is no guarantee that visa(s) will be issued within this time frame and you may be required to stay in Ankara for a longer period of time.

Although they say there is no guarantee, I have not read about anyone having to wait longer. Typically the receipt they give you (that they took your passport) will say come back the next afternoon (I think at 1:00 or 2:00pm). So if you submit it on Monday morning, you can get it back Tuesday afternoon. If you submit it Wednesday you will get it back Thursday afternoon.

I recommend to arrive before 8:30am. You do not need to arrive at 6:00am as some people do. My husband and I arrived around 8:00am and although there was already a line of people (maybe about 20 people) before us we were able to submit his passport without problems. By 8:30am there was a long line behind us, so I suggest to get there before 8:30am.

If you are giving your passport to an authorised representative, then they should go to the VFS Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Ankara or Istanbul. But if you are giving it yourself, you need to go to the Embassy in Ankara, not the VAC.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
SooMazi said:
Unless things have dramatically changed since my husband got his visa, the PPR email states if you want to hand your passport in person you need to go to the following address:
Ankara, Turkey

The PPR email also stated:
You can submit your passports on Mondays and Wednesday between 8:30 and 10:00 am. If you arrive late, you will have to come back the next available day for passport submission. The visas are usually issued the next afternoon. However, there is no guarantee that visa(s) will be issued within this time frame and you may be required to stay in Ankara for a longer period of time.

Although they say there is no guarantee, I have not read about anyone having to wait longer. Typically the receipt they give you (that they took your passport) will say come back the next afternoon (I think at 1:00 or 2:00pm). So if you submit it on Monday morning, you can get it back Tuesday afternoon. If you submit it Wednesday you will get it back Thursday afternoon.

I recommend to arrive before 8:30am. You do not need to arrive at 6:00am as some people do. My husband and I arrived around 8:00am and although there was already a line of people (maybe about 20 people) before us we were able to submit his passport without problems. By 8:30am there was a long line behind us, so I suggest to get there before 8:30am.

If you are giving your passport to an authorised representative, then they should go to the VFS Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Ankara or Istanbul. But if you are giving it yourself, you need to go to the Embassy in Ankara, not the VAC.
Thanks for the clarification. I hope this stays unchanging.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question that is really confusing me about all of this. So once you get the email asking for the passport ( which I haven't received yet), do you have to hand it in in person? Can't you send it by express registered mail? And once they issue the visa, do you have to go back to Ankara again for the PR card?

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
I have a question that is really confusing me about all of this. So once you get the email asking for the passport ( which I haven't received yet), do you have to hand it in in person? Can't you send it by express registered mail? And once they issue the visa, do you have to go back to Ankara again for the PR card?
Either you go get your visa or authorize a representative to do so. You can't do this by mail. Once you get your visa, you become a PR as soon as you land in Canada. Then you wait until your PR card is prepared and mailed to the Canadian address you determined when you became a PR at the point of entry to Canada.

SooMazi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-06-2013
File Transfer...
14-06-2013
Interview........
Waived In Process......: 16-12-2013
Passport Req..
21-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2014
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
keeponwaiting22, it depends to your current country of residence. According to the Embassy:

If you have a return address in Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Turkmenistan, you may send your passport(s) and documents to the below address using commercial courier services. Due to local restrictions we are not able to return documents to an address in Canada, USA or any other country.

Ankara, Turkey

***** Important Notice: If you reside in Iran, please DO NOT/NOT send your passports to our office by mail as we will not/not be able to accept them or to send them back to you*****

------
You can also use an authorised representative/person to go on your behalf. There will be a page in the PPR email that allows you to give this person's name/signature, etc.

As m777r wrote, your PR card will be mailed to the address you provide to the immigration/border office at your point of entry (ie. airport, border crossing, etc.)

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys! So they don't have to go to Ankara for an interview by the immigration officer after they get their visa and before becoming a PR? Or is that only once they get to Canada?

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
Thanks guys! So they don't have to go to Ankara for an interview by the immigration officer after they get their visa and before becoming a PR? Or is that only once they get to Canada?
How do you mean exactly by "interview"? There's no interview after the decision is made on your file for giving you a visa; neither when they issue you a visa, nor when you land in Canada and become a PR. An interview may be assigned to you only during the processing of your file.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m777r said:
How do you mean exactly by "interview"? There's no interview after the decision is made on your file for giving you a visa; neither when they issue you a visa, nor when you land in Canada and become a PR. An interview may be assigned to you only during the processing of your file.
I thought so too but when I went to see the case manager for my MP, he " everyone will be interviewed by an immigration officer before getting their PR card". I must have misunderstood him. In any case, thank you for your info. It is one less thing to think about :)

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
keeponwaiting22 said:
I thought so too but when I went to see the case manager for my MP, he " everyone will be interviewed by an immigration officer before getting their PR card". I must have misunderstood him. In any case, thank you for your info. It is one less thing to think about :)
Yeah... by interview they could also mean simple Q/A to get your address, signature, etc.; not a serious one.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
??? Final countdown... CIC officials, I'm not yet quite disappointed at you 8), 13 more business days, pleaaaaaaaaaase.