+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SooMazi said:
If you go in person in the morning you should get it back the next day (afternoon). If there is a problem (very small chance of this happening) it may take another day, but everyone seems to get it the next afternoon. If you send by Iranian travel/courier company I think it can take about 10 days, but maybe longer - I guess it depends to the company you use.
Thanks Soomazi.
In the information page it was noted that it is highly recommended not to use a tout. I am going to hand it in person then I think a 3-day trip to Ankara would be ok.

Ali.irani

May 10, 2014
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
06-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-june-2014
Hi everyone any news?
today is the last day of this week.and this weekend is long weekend:((( the VO is close on Monday
But anybody knows that these last days in which was memorial for dead miners The VO was close or not?

For first time in my life I hate Holidays:))))

And Mehrdad When do you want to go to Ankara? i heard that they add some procedure like eye Scanning so keep us inform so we can be prepared

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Ali.irani said:
Hi everyone any news?
today is the last day of this week.and this weekend is long weekend:((( the VO is close on Monday
But anybody knows that these last days in which was memorial for dead miners The VO was close or not?

And Mehrdad When do you want to go to Ankara? i heard that they add some procedure like eye Scanning so keep us inform so we can be prepared
Hi Ali.irani,

They certainly worked on Friday, as one got their ppr; but as you said, they certainly won't work on Monday :(

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ali.irani said:
Hi everyone any news?

On this week or the next whichever I can book a ticket. Sure, I will let you know of anything new.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
I had never spoken out in this or any other forum, but suddenly (maybe out of dismay and frustration) I decided to do so. Our anniversary is approaching and there is still no visa news. If the visa isn't ready in the next three weeks, we most likely can't be together for our first anniversary; I'm getting more and more disappointed day by day.

I can't really understand on what basis the VOs work. I couldn't think of even a complicated model that fits their process. It's not even causal, there is no queuing concept in this whole process. No matter how promptly you apply or how you rush to apply, you can quite possibly end up getting your visa too late. I feel irritated and insulted by what I think is nothing but "incompetence".

Why should this background check take such a long time? And more importantly, why shouldn't they answer our simplest, shortest, and most logical questions about our application (they also seemingly ignored/missed our second request for the GCMS notes!)? I remember in the past, they seemed to care more. They didn't respond in detail, but even their telegraphic response was a big relief. I really don't understand, are they getting overloaded, less organized, more paranoid (or maybe more arrogant)? I'm gonna talk to our MP and ask them for clarification if we don't hear anything from them by June. Someone must be responsive, I'm feeling violated...

fghz

Dec 15, 2012
On this week or the next whichever I can book a ticket. Sure, I will let you know of anything new.

hi Mehrdad,
I sent my passport by an agency in Tehran, that is very cheap and economy , I paid totally 325000 T.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fghz said:
hi Mehrdad,
I sent my passport by an agency in Tehran, that is very cheap and economy , I paid totally 325000 T.
Hi
Thank you for saying that, I know that some agencies pick up visas. My trip to Ankara is obligatory since I have to help a relative on his biometrics in Ankara, so I am going to hand in my passport myself next week.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m777r said:
I had never spoken out in this or any other forum, but suddenly (maybe out of dismay and frustration) I decided to do so. Our anniversary is approaching and there is still no visa news. If the visa isn't ready in the next three weeks, we most likely can't be together for our first anniversary; I'm getting more and more disappointed day by day.

I can't really understand on what basis the VOs work. I couldn't think of even a complicated model that fits their process. It's not even causal, there is no queuing concept in this whole process. No matter how promptly you apply or how you rush to apply, you can quite possibly end up getting your visa too late. I feel irritated and insulted by what I think is nothing but "incompetence".

Why should this background check take such a long time? And more importantly, why shouldn't they answer our simplest, shortest, and most logical questions about our application (they also seemingly ignored/missed our second request for the GCMS notes!)? I remember in the past, they seemed to care more. They didn't respond in detail, but even their telegraphic response was a big relief. I really don't understand, are they getting overloaded, less organized, more paranoid (or maybe more arrogant)? I'm gonna talk to our MP and ask them for clarification if we don't hear anything from them by June. Someone must be responsive, I'm feeling violated...
Yeah that's tough... But hang in there, your time will come. Take your time and go through the holy spreadsheet and see how many people waited more than you. There are many and all of them have gone green, and so will you.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
Yeah that's tough... But hang in there, your time will come. Take your time and go through the holy spreadsheet and see how many people waited more than you. There are many and all of them have gone green, and so will you.
Waiting is really like torture, particularly when you don't have the slightest idea when it's gonna get over; is it next week, next month, or even next year? Nothing is unexpected from CIC. I'm really curious if the VOs themselves have gone though similar ordeals...

Mehrdad, in your PPR email, does it clearly say Ankara for getting your visa, or does it say go to a VAC (which would be both in Istanbul and Ankara in the case of Turkey)?

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like nobody will be hearing anything this week because there will be three days if mourning in Turkey. I don't care if they mourn for 2 weeks, I just hope the protests end and embassies stay open.

Mehrdad

Star Member
Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m777r said:
Waiting is really like torture, particularly when you don't have the slightest idea when it's gonna get over; is it next week, next month, or even next year? Nothing is unexpected from CIC. I'm really curious if the VOs themselves have gone though similar ordeals...

Mehrdad, in your PPR email, does it clearly say Ankara for getting your visa, or does it say go to a VAC (which would be both in Istanbul and Ankara in the case of Turkey)?
Both of them are mentioned. But it seems that they take the passports from Istanbul to Ankara and return them after the visa is issued so it will take a shorter time if the passport is handed in Ankara.

m777r

Feb 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-05-2014
Mehrdad said:
Both of them are mentioned. But it seems that they take the passports from Istanbul to Ankara and return them after the visa is issued so it will take a shorter time if the passport is handed in Ankara.
OK, that's good. I thought I heard as of May, they just accept passports in VACs rather than the Embassy in Ankara, and that would be going to take about a week for visa issuance. So probably that was a rumor (or I may have misunderstood it).

Mrs.KOR

Feb 22, 2014
During the mourning the government offices do not stop working, especially the Canadian Embassy!! 300 lives were lost terribly just because of ignorance, if not protesting this then what?!!? These protests are happening because there are still some people who "do care" about others and most importantly human life! And of course there are others who only care about themselves and the embassy being open... Reading this post at such sad times, I find it very insensitive

keeponwaiting22 said:
Looks like nobody will be hearing anything this week because there will be three days if mourning in Turkey. I don't care if they mourn for 2 weeks, I just hope the protests end and embassies stay open.

keeponwaiting22

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I agree that mourning days is the least the government can do and people have to protest what has happened. I guess when I see the protests I'm afraid that Turkey may be next country to experience what Iran, Egypt and Syria have with protests, and chaos in the streets which, having gone through it, I know how badly it affects people for years to come.

Again I'm sorry and I guess I should have explained it more.