+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Vanman said:
Also....I've tried to figure out how to add our stats below my user name as some users have, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. Any suggestions?
You will be able to do it after you will have 10 posts. Five more to go!

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vanman said:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could answer a newbie question. I understand that PPR6-7 means passport request...but what does that mean in terms of the process? Does this mean that the applicant has been approved and they are requesting their passport so that a visa can be issued?

It seems like now the waiting time for Iranian applicants from the time of sponsorship approval until the approval of the applicant is about 6-7 months...is that accurate?

Also....I've tried to figure out how to add our stats below my user name as some users have, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help with these questions
Yes the wait time is now aproximately 6-7 months, more like 4-9 months I'd say.
You will need 10 posts to add your information in the settings page.
And yes, PPR means passport request so that the visas are issues.

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Thanks for your replies!!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
All,

We have an update on the processing times for visa offices. A lot of VOs have their wait times increased. Fortunately, Ankara is still 16 months (I can't believe I just said that!)

I'm really disappointed that the processing times didn't decrease for Ankara, but at least I'm glad we didn't get yet another hike.

Best wishes to all.

Shayeste

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2012 (in process)
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
BCgirl2012 said:
All,

We have an update on the processing times for visa offices. A lot of VOs have their wait times increased. Fortunately, Ankara is still 16 months (I can't believe I just said that!)

I'm really disappointed that the processing times didn't decrease for Ankara, but at least I'm glad we didn't get yet another hike.

Best wishes to all.
Wow so many increases on most of them. I am happy that Ankara didn't change, but I am seriously tired of waiting. What is this life really? :(
I sometimes think I have to leave everything and just go back to live with my hubby while we are waiting ???

I am so desperate to hear a good news. Anything....

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Shayeste said:
Wow so many increases on most of them. I am happy that Ankara didn't change, but I am seriously tired of waiting. What is this life really? :(
I sometimes think I have to leave everything and just go back to live with my hubby while we are waiting ???

I am so desperate to hear a good news. Anything....
I totally understand what you mean. I've been actually pondering the same thing.

Hopefully we will all hear some goon news soon.

alishams

Jan 19, 2013
We think to apply for temporary visitors visa while waiting for the Ankara's spouse application decision. Anyone has tried to do the same?

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Waiting is the hardest part of the process for sure!...sooo I've booked 3 weeks with my love in Istanbul in March/ April....it's all we can do now while we wait! I'm sharing this with you all because I know how you all feel...it SO tough...our hearts are with you all!

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
oohh....and by the way BCGirl....My wife sent me her original of her Upfront Medical report and I ended up forwarding that to the office in Ankara which was listed on the letter I received from CIC. They said if you need to add any documents or make any changes in contact info to send it to yadda yadda yadda ....so I did so. Thank you so much for filling me in on the need to complete this.

It seems odd/encouraging that they processed our application without this document. Part of me thinks that they somehow knew that the results of this medical had already been received in Paris, France. For whatever reason they approved my sponsorship and forwarded her application to Ankara without the proof of Upfront Medical Report included in the package.

We're ....maybe foolishly....hanging our hopes on the idea that, because our application is uncomplicated, we're looking at a max of 9 months (she's an Iranian national)

Time will tell as the old saying goes....again....best wishes to all!!!

Shayeste

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-11-2012 (in process)
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Hi guys. Since yesterday I can't check our application status online. I get this message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
Anybody else has this issue? Or do you know why I am getting this? I am scared now!

katia123

Feb 3, 2013
I would be appreciated if anyone could answer my question, it's been 8 month that we've sent our medical, and still waiting for PPR! could anyone estimate how long we are supposed to wait! by the way my application is family class sponsorship. ;D

sayo_2006

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/09/2012
AOR Received.
22/10/2012
File Transfer...
24/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
I hope to God
katia123 said:
I would be appreciated if anyone could answer my question, it's been 8 month that we've sent our medical, and still waiting for PPR! could anyone estimate how long we are supposed to wait! by the way my application is family class sponsorship. ;D
Hi Katia
In order for us to help you better you need to share more information
when did u file ur application? exact date
are u in process yet and when did you become in process?

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
katia123 said:
Hey Katia,

Welcome! Which country the applicant is from? It currently seems to make a difference in Ankara. What is your timeline? We also sent ours a bit over 8 months ago. Look at my signature, you will see some timelines, along with the nationality.
My husband is from Georgia.

Take care and best wishes.

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
katia123 said:
Nowadays, it usually takes an average of 9.5 months of process in Ankara VO to get PPRed. If your file was sent to Ankara in April 2012, you may get your golden email these days. However, there is no unique similar rule and it may take either shorter or longer.
For more info you can check:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LVyM_gIhzUjkqTgbQGijBCo70VtLb33GkugSKw7VCvk/edit?pli=1