+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
BCgirl2012 said:
Yaaaaaay :):) Really happy to see things moving for you! Reunion sounds like a good idea :D
I think our kids will not understand what stress we will be talking about ???

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Godzilla9 said:
I think our kids will not understand what stress we will be talking about ???
And I certainly hope so :) I don't wish anyone to go through this type of stress!

afarin

Jan 14, 2013
mamad2020 said:
Parents sponsorship in Ankara takes about 4 years from your aproval date. So about 46 months. I would imagine they would ask for medicals about 3 years from the date of your aproval. So probably around August of 2015. My father also applied in the parents category for his mom and he applied in Nov 2009. He just received his UCID few weeks ago!
I have a friend of mine with the same Parent sponsorship application which got approved 6 months before us and is about to get the visa in about 45 days. I don't believe the 46 months is the right time frame that's why I am looking for more real peoples cases.

Thanks anyway

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
BCgirl2012 said:
And I certainly hope so :) I don't wish anyone to go through this type of stress!
Dear BCgirl, have ur status been changed to in-process? if it has, would you pls tell me its date.

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Godzilla9 said:
I am sooooooooooooooo happy. eCAS changed to IN PROCESS ;D
The date is 14 January 2013.
I started losing hope.

I wish luck to all of you, my friends! Hope all we will get PPR soon. We can have a reunion in Canada after 20 years of family life somewhere in Canada and recall these stressful days and how we supported each other :)
yesss! congrats.
that's a really good news. you're the first post mid-Oct applicant who got "in process"!
I applied on the same day as you hope mine gets updated as well :(
BTW were you checking eCAS everyday and just noticed that it's been updated today? Or they updated it on Tuesday?
I'm just trying to see when they updated ur eCAS

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Toronto88 said:
yesss! congrats.
that's a really good news. you're the first post mid-Oct applicant who got "in process"!
I applied on the same day as you hope mine gets updated as well :(
BTW were you checking eCAS everyday and just noticed that it's been updated today? Or they updated it on Tuesday?
I'm just trying to see when they updated ur eCAS
Thank you!
Good question, really. I check ecas almost everyday. Last time I checked on 16 Jan but there was nothing to show. On 18 Jan it said they started processing on 14. Hope you will see changes to ecas soon and you will also have started date early January. Good luck!

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Godzilla9 said:
Thank you!
Good question, really. I check ecas almost everyday. Last time I checked on 16 Jan but there was nothing to show. On 18 Jan it said they started processing on 14. Hope you will see changes to ecas soon and you will also have started date early January. Good luck!
Thanks for ur reply.
I'm looking forward to next weeks update. The fact that they updated urs it means that they are working on new applications.

I just hope they started working on our applications way before "in process" date ... at least I hope they started the background check soon after they received our applications in October. Apparently the background checks are the main reason for delays...

Good luck to you as well :)

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
Thanks mamad2020! I hope you guys also receive your PR very soon.

We don't have any complications to be honest- again based on my observations, there are a couple of us, who are all non-Iranian applicants, whose files weren't looked at. None of us are In Process yet. It might be a simple reason of resource allocation in Ankara. I don't really know what to say, since we don't have enough data to speculate. Only a few cases that we see on the forum can't be conclusive in anyway.

Having said that, I should add that I know a couple of applicants in Ankara who got their PR without ever changing to In Process. From what they told me, they just got the PPR email and afterwards, eCAS updated to DM for them. I guess it is the officer's discrection as to when they update the online status.

Based on our GCMS notes I know our case wasn't looked at till the end of November. After that I'm not sure, but somehow I suspect it is still the same :-\

This is getting really too stretched. I really feel for people who applied before us and don't have any news whatsoever!
Thank you for the info.
Yes I've also noticed some people never have their status changed to in progress and receive their ppr. The only reason I can theorize of the huge delay some non-Iranians are experiencing in getting their pprs is that Iranian expert VOs are probably having more free time on their hands than their other counterparts. Since the embassy closed in Tehran, I would imagine all VOs were transfered to Ankara. Also I imagine a huge number of potential economic classes, visitor visa applicants, and students are simply not going through the trouble of travleing to Ankara for a visa and simply applying for Australia. So this is hopefully good news for Iranian sponsors.
But I really hope Ankara goes back to the days it used to be 6 months for everyone!

E

Erina

guys I think it's very disorganized being here and also on Damascus page, sometimes we lose track of things and people, possible to remove one of the two thread ? what do you think

Mary9

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
28-01-2012
Passport Req..
06-03-2013
Hi everyone -

In regards to the second stage -We have Paid Landing fee in September 2012 and our file has been "in process" ever since?? does anyone know how much longer do we need to wait before we get passport request....its been way too long and I just cant wait anymore......... :-\

Ps. Of course medical will be expired in Jan 28th 2013...and thats my main concern...

Thank you in Advance,

alishams

Jan 19, 2013
We are a couple from Azerbaijan.
Our sponsorship was approved on 17th of November.
Now our eCAS status is 'application recieved' and medical results recieved.
Since I am PR in Montreal (Quebec), my wife has also recently recieved her CSQ.
Now we are just waiting for news from Ankara VO in sh Allah.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
mamad2020 said:
Thank you for the info.
Yes I've also noticed some people never have their status changed to in progress and receive their ppr. The only reason I can theorize of the huge delay some non-Iranians are experiencing in getting their pprs is that Iranian expert VOs are probably having more free time on their hands than their other counterparts. Since the embassy closed in Tehran, I would imagine all VOs were transfered to Ankara. Also I imagine a huge number of potential economic classes, visitor visa applicants, and students are simply not going through the trouble of travleing to Ankara for a visa and simply applying for Australia. So this is hopefully good news for Iranian sponsors.
But I really hope Ankara goes back to the days it used to be 6 months for everyone!

I was also hoping that they started processing sometime after the transfer of case, even the ecas did not change to IN PROCESS. But after long waiting time of almost 3 months they say they just started processing our file. So, I don't think they even opened the cases right after transfer for background checks.

alishams

Jan 19, 2013
Dears I have a question and hope you help me to understand what I should do. If the sponsored epouse is pregnant, and by the time she gets the visa she has the kid who was not included in the sponsorship application, does it mean that we should start everything from the beginning and to submit new application. Or there is still possibility to update the application and to include new member of our family.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
alishams said:
Dears I have a question and hope you help me to understand what I should do. If the sponsored epouse is pregnant, and by the time she gets the visa she has the kid who was not included in the sponsorship application, does it mean that we should start everything from the beginning and to submit new application. Or there is still possibility to update the application and to include new member of our family.
Hi Alishams, first of all congratulations on the pregnancy! As for your question, is this a new pregnancy? Meaning when your wife went through the medical exams was she pregnant at the time? If so, she still has an outstanding x-ray, which will be done after the baby's born, and obviously before the visa is issued.

If she wasn't pregnant at the time of the medicals, then this is already sorted.

You need to add the baby when (s)he is born to your application. It's not gonna be too much of hindering normally- just more paperwork. Medicals and the relavent forms.

Best wishes.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
mamad2020 said:
Thank you for the info.
I hope they speed up the process, too!