+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Godzilla9 said:
Thanks. Really hoping for their fast processing. 15 months is too long time.
It indeed is. We're just hoping the numbers will be better in the next quarter and even better, I hope we will be all done by then :)

What is your timeline, btw? And may I ask if you are the sponsor or the applicant, and which country is your partner from?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
I sent my sponsorship applications to Mississauga on 4 Sep. I am sponsoring my wife who is an Azerbaijani citizen. Maybe it will be faster to obtain Turkish citizenship and improve the Ankara processing time to 4 months? :D

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Godzilla9 said:
I sent my sponsorship applications to Mississauga on 4 Sep. I am sponsoring my wife who is an Azerbaijani citizen. Maybe it will be faster to obtain Turkish citizenship and improve the Ankara processing time to 4 months? :D
:) Maybe! I am sponsoring my husband. He is from Georgia. Good thing is that they have improved the sponsorship approval timeline.
Unfortunately, my husband is in Georgia right now, so we are really anxious to hear from CIC and get him here :) :)

Wish you and your wife all the best and a speedy process!

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Friends, my documents returned from the CIC- Mississauga. They say that we did not pay correctly. I paid through Money order as Ankara website says. Please can you consult me:
1. Should I pay fees online?
2. They returned all applications and put stamps with CPC 6-Sep 2012 and the applications are signed with August dates. If I pay fees online can I resend the package or I have to print them again and sign again. problem is that my wife is not here to sign the apps.

THanks!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Godzilla9 said:
Friends, my documents returned from the CIC- Mississauga. They say that we did not pay correctly. I paid through Money order as Ankara website says. Please can you consult me:
1. Should I pay fees online?
2. They returned all applications and put stamps with CPC 6-Sep 2012 and the applications are signed with August dates. If I pay fees online can I resend the package or I have to print them again and sign again. problem is that my wife is not here to sign the apps.

THanks!
Sorry to hear this. I hope you can rectify it as soon as possible and send them back the completed package. The dated stamps are good, since they show your place in the queue.

For paying the fees there are two ways:
1. Online
2. In a Canadian institution, but you have to ask CIC to send you the form IMM5401.

Take a look at this link. It explains both options in detail, and let us know if you have more questions.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp#step4

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

P.S your forms are fine. Try to return the package before your police certificates expire! Otherwise, you will need new ones again.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Thanks a lot for your advice. I paid online, printed the receipt, filled it out and ran to the post office and posted. Also I printed and added to app package my correspondence with my wife that I had in skype. Don't know whether it was a good idea or not because it's personal :)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Great! I hope this time it will be fast and smooth :)

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCgirl2012 said:
Thanks for the update :) I'm not sure if it will change to "approved"? I thought decision made was the last one? Maybe they do one last update after the applicant lands.
Honestly, I've heard a lot about how eCAS is not an indication, but I keep checking it anyway :):) After all, it's the only way to know if something is happening. I also ordered the notes last month. Seems they received our file at the end of July. Around 3 weeks or so after I got approved to sponsor. I just wanted to make sure they actually have our file in Ankara, which based on the notes, they fortunately have it in the right visa office.
I really hope all of us will get over this period soon. I really miss my husband, and really really dislike this long distance. As much as I'm grateful for technology, I sometimes feel I really dislike Skype :D

voccabird, congrats once more on the visa. Wishing you both a wonderful life together in Canada.
BCGirl, I've also just ordered the notes last week so that I can relax for a month and stop checking my ecas 50 times a day and the related forums 200 times a day; I could be fired from my work if I keep on doing it lol

I really hope my wife will be here by January as she may also lose her school admission if she misses winter semester. The distance is OK (not so much fun) for a couple of months, but not 15 months!

Let's all cross fingers and pray for this waiting to end ...

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Oh I'm also in the exact same boat. I caught myself justifying why something might have changed in eCAS in the last 15 mins, and convincing myself to log in there again quite a few times! But the good thing about checking the forum is that when I see someone getting their PR, I imagine that it's gonna be my husband in the very near future and it makes me happy :) But I agree with you, I think sometimes I also overdo it :D

I hope you wife gets her visa soon. I always imagine how I will never want to remember this period again. Yes, a couple of months of long distance is OK, but the day they announced the increase from 6 to 15 months I was down for the whole week.

Notes will help. I was imagining worst case scenarios about our file ending up in another visa office and us figuring it out after 6 months. Now I know it's really in Ankara and I can just try to distract myself and wait for some good news!

Hope this period ends for all of us asap.

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
BCgirl2012 said:
Oh I'm also in the exact same boat. I caught myself justifying why something might have changed in eCAS in the last 15 mins, and convincing myself to log in there again quite a few times! But the good thing about checking the forum is that when I see someone getting their PR, I imagine that it's gonna be my husband in the very near future and it makes me happy :) But I agree with you, I think sometimes I also overdo it :D

I hope you wife gets her visa soon. I always imagine how I will never want to remember this period again. Yes, a couple of months of long distance is OK, but the day they announced the increase from 6 to 15 months I was down for the whole week.

Notes will help. I was imagining worst case scenarios about our file ending up in another visa office and us figuring it out after 6 months. Now I know it's really in Ankara and I can just try to distract myself and wait for some good news!

Hope this period ends for all of us asap.

helloo
i'm in your boat too. so r u sure this 15 months is not for us ? i came back from home yesterday :D but i already miss him. ( I got my approval Aug 27)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Hey welcome back! I know how it feels to come back home without your partner :( I hate the airport moments.
No, we aren't sure about the 15 months. We are just hoping and speculating. We think the 15 months came mostly from the transfer of older files from Damascus. But at this point, this is all speculation.
I took a look at the spreadsheet that keeps track of the former Damascus applicants, and it seems Ankara is clearing them up quickly, which is really good news for us, because it will mean that our cases will not be caught in the backlog.

I'm keeping all fingers crossed at this point for that PPR email :D

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
BCgirl2012 said:
Hey welcome back! I know how it feels to come back home without your partner :( I hate the airport moments.
No, we aren't sure about the 15 months. We are just hoping and speculating. We think the 15 months came mostly from the transfer of older files from Damascus. But at this point, this is all speculation.
I took a look at the spreadsheet that keeps track of the former Damascus applicants, and it seems Ankara is clearing them up quickly, which is really good news for us, because it will mean that our cases will not be caught in the backlog.

I'm keeping all fingers crossed at this point for that PPR email :D
tnx
yees the airport is the worst part
ooo that good.. the Damascus applicant suffer too much in these months
so we should hope we get our PPR soooon

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Somewhere in this forum got a link to trackers. Good thing to follow. In general, total processing time varies between 150 and 200 days, including sponsorship approvals:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g4FSpQJKTPXAnEc2Q2DBJcWrm3wm2RnQP_qgVRXwdEI/edit